Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Elon Musk tweeting "Free America Now".

Bloody hell man, stick to SpaceX and the pivotal work it's doing because every time you open your mouth you make yourself look dafter.

Bloke's an arsehole with an ego so big I'm surprised he's not announced plans to build a space colony on it...

Constantly pushing himself into the limelight in situations he knows nothing about (see: Thailand), thinks its his job to 'save' people and provide the impossible (like the Australian battery farm) at the expense of his overworked employees...

Whats even worse though are his 'fans' - particularly on Reddit/twitter - who idolise anything and everything about him and are incredibly toxic to anyone who utters even a word of criticism.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Bloke's an arsehole with an ego so big I'm surprised he's not announced plans to build a space colony on it...

Constantly pushing himself into the limelight in situations he knows nothing about (see: Thailand), thinks its his job to 'save' people and provide the impossible (like the Australian battery farm) at the expense of his overworked employees...

Whats even worse though are his 'fans' - particularly on Reddit/twitter - who idolise anything and everything about him and are incredibly toxic to anyone who utters even a word of criticism.

I'll be honest, I think the work he's put together in the fields of space flight and renewable energy are both hugely valuable initiatives for the future and as such I'm predisposed to like the work being done - but the ego posturing that goes along with it not only devalues all of that it also threatens to derail it completely because people won't buy the importance of it all, which is not only annoying, it's sad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Collymore said:

Supermarkets advertising the price of food at isle different to till.

Just been rinsed by Asda of £1.80 through them over charging me at the till for some Jaffa cakes. It's the amount of money that pisses me off but almost not worth the hassle of trying to get it sorted. 

Happens a lot to me and probably you if you don't check your receipts.  You'd think in the technological age it would be a thing of the past. 

I took some cookies to the till yesterday but when I scanned them it said I couldn't buy them. 

Staff member came over and checked the codes etc and then said the same. They weren't out of date, I just couldn't buy them.

WHY THE **** NOT AND WHY ARE THEY STILL ON THE SHELF?!

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I took some cookies to the till yesterday but when I scanned them it said I couldn't buy them. 

Staff member came over and checked the codes etc and then said the same. They weren't out of date, I just couldn't buy them.

WHY THE **** NOT AND WHY ARE THEY STILL ON THE SHELF?!

Had they escaped from a multipack?Happens all the time with me when I buy tinned tomatoes and such like

Going through 'reform' at work where 300 of our buildings have closed in the last 3 years (half of our estate) and now all the others will be centralised into 'call-centre' style contact centres, my one due to be Birmingham. Been going on for years about how instead of all of that, they could cut staff and save estate costs by allowing people to work from home but it has always been a massive NO due to the 'sensitive' and 'dangerous' information we have access too.

Have had to stay at home for 12 weeks due to nature of my illness which makes me part of the more vulnerable group - a few others have done the same - just been issued with laptops and have started working from home this week (after 4 weeks of doing nothing) - now, very easily, doing 100% of my job. Not 80%, 90%.... but 100% of my job.

So

A. clearly when it comes down to it, we can work from home when it becomes a necessity during a pandemic (but at any other time it 'could never be done')

B. Being able to do 100% of my job, very easily, from home means there is absolutely no point whatsoever in dragging people miles and miles to get to centralised offices.

My only hope is that once this is over they will include home working in a revised 'reform' and realise what a bunch of ****ing plebs they are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Going through 'reform' at work where 300 of our buildings have closed in the last 3 years (half of our estate) and now all the others will be centralised into 'call-centre' style contact centres, my one due to be Birmingham. Been going on for years about how instead of all of that, they could cut staff and save estate costs by allowing people to work from home but it has always been a massive NO due to the 'sensitive' and 'dangerous' information we have access too.

Have had to stay at home for 12 weeks due to nature of my illness which makes me part of the more vulnerable group - a few others have done the same - just been issued with laptops and have started working from home this week (after 4 weeks of doing nothing) - now, very easily, doing 100% of my job. Not 80%, 90%.... but 100% of my job.

So

A. clearly when it comes down to it, we can work from home when it becomes a necessity during a pandemic (but at any other time it 'could never be done')

B. Being able to do 100% of my job, very easily, from home means there is absolutely no point whatsoever in dragging people miles and miles to get to centralised offices.

My only hope is that once this is over they will include home working in a revised 'reform' and realise what a bunch of ****ing plebs they are.

Send this in an email to your bosses. What could go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Strokes said:

Send this in an email to your bosses. What could go wrong?

It's been known to happen and so far I've gotten away with it. In fact before I went off I emailed our CEO (just a faceless entity really) outlining exactly what I thought about us and the way we were handling things and how invisible all the decision makers were. I went off the next day and wondered whether I'd get the sack while I was away. Got the laptop this week and went through all my emails looking for any kind of reprimand, to find an email to all of us from the CEO saying she had been inundated with 'strongly worded' and 'concerning' emails and that she was sorry. The little things really get me...we havn't had a pay increase in 11 years but we receive weekly emails/blogs from our CEO which include such delights as 'I decided Christmas was a good time to spend working on our holiday cottage in the south of France...how did you spend your holidays?'. The comments from the workforce do make for golden reading though - just shows how out of touch the bigwigs are.

Sadly for us, most of the big decision are made by people in London who really do not understand a single thing about the day to day work. Someone somewhere literally decides on the headcount figures for each site in the Country without having ever visited them, and despite our office going from 58 staff to 17 in the course of 20 months, we are apparently still over 'headcount'. I'm literally doing the job of 3 people, have taken two bouts of sick leave with mental health and it's been highlighted that our department has the highest rate of stress related sickness of all Government departments. 

• Haha 1

The lengths of charity adverts since the lockdown begun, it feels like they are taking up a full 2 minutes of airtime so show more and more heart wrenching situations requesting money. I'll all for giving money to charity (which i do on regular occasions) but i've taken to muting my TV when they come on.

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This the true fox guy. Does anyone know if his account his serious? He is embarrassing all genuine lcfc fans and it is getting me down

Is he the one that would give it large but then when someone gave it back he'd become a little pussy and start snitching? 

On 25/04/2020 at 19:56, Walkers said:

Cringey bank adverts. And adverts that now have about a total of 15 people saying a few words each of a couple of sentences, why?

Ahahahah, this is the real virus at the moment. Always the same kind of lines as well, each delivered by different folk:

- 'So wherever you are'

- 'Whatever you do'

- 'We just want you to know'

- 'We're here for you'

- 'Every day of the year'

- 'Online and instore'

• Like 3

On 30/04/2020 at 01:17, tom27111 said:

I'm glad it's only 1 adult allowed in per household now, my Mrs goes mental and makes them check the price on the shelf!

I'm too embarrassed, especially when you've got 6 people in the queue, all 2 metres apart! 

I'll just go to Sainsbury's after this is over.

I'm in a village in Northamptonshire, so have to drive to a shop anyway. 

Well done Wife..!!  

Poor wife!!! Non supportive husband,embarrassed snowflake, 

Who will soon start complaining ,that prices of gone up...:P

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ahahahah, this is the real virus at the moment. Always the same kind of lines as well, each delivered by different folk:

- 'So wherever you are'

- 'Whatever you do'

- 'We just want you to know'

- 'We're here for you'

- 'Every day of the year'

- 'Online and instore'

Personal favourite is Lloyds Bank stressing that now more than ever they are by our side, which i'm certain is forbidden right now lol

9 hours ago, pds said:

Nationwide are up to their usual tricks. Bunch of twats.

Yep. Utterly vomit inducing. 

Most ads these days get the mute button. Mainly because they are in constant rotation when I have the TV on in the background. 

Like the Microsoft Teams one. Ugh. The first bloke sounds exactly like James Acaster which annoys the hell out of me as I like him. 

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

Personal favourite is Lloyds Bank stressing that now more than ever they are by our side, which i'm certain is forbidden right now lol

Ready to lift our tax straight from our pocket the moment they get in the sh*t

Max Rushden has grown on me and I actually like listening to him on TalkSport, his Saturday morning show with Charlie Baker is a great three hours, then on Sunday he gets Barry Glendenning joining him and it completely kills it. Don't know if he's meant to play the straight man or what but he just comes across as an incessantly negative, dour knobhead.

• Like 1