Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

People who wash cars that don't need washing. The folk near to where I live spend all day every day washing their cars over and over again. Why?

Because they've got nothing better to do.

The hypocrisy of the seemingly thousands of people who will clap every Thursday without failure and have proudly displayed their bunting and flags today, but broken social distancing and lockdown rules repeatedly. 

My neighbour claps week in week out, has a rainbow poster in her front window, has decorated the exterior of her house for VE Day and in the past few weeks alone has had new carpets fitted, a bbq with friends and is currently entertaining around 8/10 people in about a radius of 5 square metres. 

Eurghhhhhh.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

The hypocrisy of the seemingly thousands of people who will clap every Thursday without failure and have proudly displayed their bunting and flags today, but broken social distancing and lockdown rules repeatedly. 

My neighbour claps week in week out, has a rainbow poster in her front window, has decorated the exterior of her house for VE Day and in the past few weeks alone has had new carpets fitted, a bbq with friends and is currently entertaining around 8/10 people in about a radius of 5 square metres. 

Eurghhhhhh.

Similar for me; someone on my street makes a massive deal of clapping on Thursdays and being seen, but has spent most of today playing with over the roads kid. 

• Like 1

The people most likely to clap and have rainbows are also probably the most social ones. Therefore, to me, it's not surprising that they are the people most likely to ignore the social distancing rules. I'm not sure if that's hypocrisy or just human nature. Some neighbours of mine have behaved in a very similar way to those mentioned above.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The people most likely to clap and have rainbows are also probably the most social ones. Therefore, to me, it's not surprising that they are the people most likely to ignore the social distancing rules. I'm not sure if that's hypocrisy or just human nature. Some neighbours of mine have behaved in a very similar way to those mentioned above.

This clapping has become a feelgood exercise for the clappers.  Is it really for the NHS and care workers?  My wife worked as a nurse in the NHS for 40 years and my eldest works in a care home, strangely nobody round here has applauded them personally yet.

On 09/05/2020 at 21:50, Unabomber said:

Twitter phrases like “elite” “rent free” “on strings” 

Add to this replies of 'Dub' or 'L' to literally every football-related tweet by teenage virgins with a footballer as their profile picture and worked into their username.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid on GMB constantly interrupting politicians during an interview. 

So rude and annoying.

As journalists, you have to hold people in power to account.

However, you also have to be measured and balanced in how you do it.

Too many right now are playing to the manic Twitter mobs, seeking popularity as they want that 'gotcha' moment.

21 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Add to this replies of 'Dub' or 'L' to literally every football-related tweet by teenage virgins with a footballer as their profile picture and worked into their username.

Further adding people who just reply "This" to things they agree with rather than an actual response or simply liking a comment.

29 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid on GMB constantly interrupting politicians during an interview. 

So rude and annoying.

Can't stand either of them. Would never watch that.

Not sure why but Susanna Reid comes across as if she loves herself. Ergh.

Edited by Fox92

On 08/05/2020 at 19:20, David Guiza said:

Eurghhhhhh.

My cul de sac is full of them. Really, really ****s me off. I got a bit mad the other night as they were all sat out in the cul de sac having BBQ’s to celebrate VE Day, exchanging hugs, hand shakes, sharing plates and cutlery etc..... the usual ignorant approach to our situation. Complete **** nuggets the lot of them.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As journalists, you have to hold people in power to account.

However, you also have to be measured and balanced in how you do it.

Too many right now are playing to the manic Twitter mobs, seeking popularity as they want that 'gotcha' moment.

Totally agree as currently the latest information is somewhat confusing. However as we try and listen to them answer a question. They keep attacking and insulting without letting them answer the question. Definitely power trips with the presenters  

• Like 1

On 08/05/2020 at 19:05, String fellow said:

People who wash cars that don't need washing. The folk near to where I live spend all day every day washing their cars over and over again. Why?

God only knows, you should say to them “you can do mine if you want” because they’ll of never of heard that before 🙄

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2020 at 11:36, FOXYTALK said:

So rude and annoying.

He does put politicians through the mill, largely by talking all over them, I do occasionally find him saying something of interest but yes he’s rude and annoying.

• Like 1