Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

When you’re on a page (especially on mobile) and all the ads/images start loading so you can’t read/click on anything because it’s bouncing around like a c unt

It's the twitter embeds which cause that

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

When you’re on a page (especially on mobile) and all the ads/images start loading so you can’t read/click on anything because it’s bouncing around like a c unt

I had this for the last few days but it's been OK today. So many times I clicked on the wrong thing.

Also I kept getting an ad at the bottom of the page, covering the banner that comes up when someone posts on a thread you're viewing or you get a notification. It was right in the way so I couldn't click on the notification, but again it seems to have gone away. 

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

WHY, do some men sit down on the train and proceed to loudly sniff, yawn and sigh REPEATEDLY. Sniff, yawn, loudly sigh, over and over. It drives me ****ing mental.

They've got a snotty nose and they're tired?

9 hours ago, String fellow said:

What grinds my gears are folk who steal milk bottles from doorsteps. Today, I was late collecting mine, and found that one bottle had gone. To my surprise, Amazon don't sell lockable milk bottle holders. Maybe I could make money by filling what appears to be a gap in the market for such things!

People still get milk bottles delivered to their doorstep?!! 

Have we gone back to the 1970-80s?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

People still get milk bottles delivered to their doorstep?!! 

Have we gone back to the 1970-80s?

I've been looking to get it delivered again. Not had it like that since the early 90s back home.

I used to be obsessed with the orange juice in milk bottles that Kirby & West used to do when I was a kid.

Nagged my Mum for months to let us have that delivered!

Was told last week I'd be due some bonus(amount not disclosed) in my account in today's payslip. Checked this morning and I had been so all was good and duly paid off my last  £100 on my credit card.

Now just had a call that they've messed the bonuses up and I've been overpaid by £120 and I need to pay that back.

Edited by pds

15 minutes ago, pds said:

Was told last week I'd be due some bonus(amount not disclosed) in my account in today's payslip. Checked this morning and I had been so all was good and duly paid off my last  £100 on my credit card.

Now just had a call that they've messed the bonuses up and I've been overpaid by £120 and I need to pay that back.

Maybe payroll department shouldnt get a bonus....

22 minutes ago, pds said:

@Facecloth wouldn't have fvcked it up like that

• Like 1

Maybe its a bit much to say it grinds my gears but 'made from home' tv shows are crap and really boring now. So is the question 'how are you finding lockdown?' in video interviews.

I know we didnt have a choice in the matter in March/April/start of May but when you see the return of some shows in a studio you realise how awful the made at home versions were.

• Like 1

Here we go again. Just gonna leave this here...

Strolls over to the guy, calmly to start off with which is fine. Asks a few questions, guy doesn't have ID, has been arrested for previous offence (again, all fine). But if he doesn't have ID, why does she not do a check on him? 

She mentions the drugs thing in the area (fine) and almost presumes he's part of it just because he's there (not fine). She says she's going to do a search (this is fine, too, and he says okay). She says 'haven't really given me enough reason to believe you're here, just seeing them, in COVID19 situation, so you're going to be detained for a search' - what reason is he meant to give, other than the one he provided? Why is seeing his friend in the area not a valid reason?

How does it go from that to then be cuffed?! What's he done wrong to be cuffed?

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Here we go again. Just gonna leave this here...

Strolls over to the guy, calmly to start off with which is fine. Asks a few questions, guy doesn't have ID, has been arrested for previous offence (again, all fine). But if he doesn't have ID, why does she not do a check on him? 

She mentions the drugs thing in the area (fine) and almost presumes he's part of it just because he's there (not fine). She says she's going to do a search (this is fine, too, and he says okay). She says 'haven't really given me enough reason to believe you're here, just seeing them, in COVID19 situation, so you're going to be detained for a search' - what reason is he meant to give, other than the one he provided? Why is seeing his friend in the area not a valid reason?

How does it go from that to then be cuffed?! What's he done wrong to be cuffed?

Madness... I wonder how many times he's been the subject of a search because something's going on 'in the area'. Surely you can't just grab a guy when he's previously co-operated either. If she'd have asked him to stand and and hold his arms out first I bet he'd have co-operated then too. No wonder people in certain areas or from minority backgrounds distrust the police when this sort of stuff happens.

I think it's been raised before but the BBC Sport quizzes where they've tried to copy Sporcle. But sometimes it doesn't recognise the name, not to mention a long list of answers but you have to scroll up all the time to put your answer in. 

For their latest CL goalscorer one, I put Kuyt in but it didn't accept it. Same for Belletti. 

Shite. 

• Like 1

Running on Bournemouth beach tonight. Despite the situation, full of absolute bellends, litter strewn everywhere, shouting, music blaring from massive speakers. The smoke from the dozens of barbeques just topped off the pretty hideous scene. 

Thankfully know a few quieter spots to venture down to this weekend. 

Keep seeing this joke shared on Facebook. Wouldn't say its grinding my gears, but its annoying me.

FB_IMG_1590851866686.thumb.jpg.9feca61da96a9154efa33b62ce94137c.jpg

No, six of them aren't Happy, one of them definitely is Happy. The original joke is that statistically 6 out of 7 Dwarves aren't Happy. People are sharing this thinking it hilarious when it's totally backwards.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Running on Bournemouth beach tonight. Despite the situation, full of absolute bellends, litter strewn everywhere, shouting, music blaring from massive speakers.

According to stats, approx 8000 are still being infected daily with covid-19.

What no one (and certainly not the BBC) are asking, is whether most of this is due to the small % of twats in this country.

And nothing to do with poverty, ethnicity, and other feeble excuses.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Keep seeing this joke shared on Facebook. Wouldn't say its grinding my gears, but its annoying me.

FB_IMG_1590851866686.thumb.jpg.9feca61da96a9154efa33b62ce94137c.jpg

No, six of them aren't Happy, one of them definitely is Happy. The original joke is that statistically 6 out of 7 Dwarves aren't Happy. People are sharing this thinking it hilarious when it's totally backwards.

The Birch thinks it's funny lol

Screenshot_20200530-193600_Twitter.jpg