Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Keep seeing this joke shared on Facebook. Wouldn't say its grinding my gears, but its annoying me.

FB_IMG_1590851866686.thumb.jpg.9feca61da96a9154efa33b62ce94137c.jpg

No, six of them aren't Happy, one of them definitely is Happy. The original joke is that statistically 6 out of 7 Dwarves aren't Happy. People are sharing this thinking it hilarious when it's totally backwards.

One of them is definitely Grumpy...... but then he always was...... :dunno:

Getting tired of the ‘Karens’ on Facebook and their dear old Boris can we all stop picking on him please he’s done the best he can. 

I’m beginning to wonder how many brutally forthright replies I could get in before I got banned. 

Edited by Livid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Manini said:

If you’ve got the money and you’re in to watches, why not? 

Think he just wants them to spend it in his club instead 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

People on (of course) social media, having just returned from the shops....complaining about all the people at the shops.

Ditto people at the beach/park/generally out and about complaining about people at the beach/park/generally out and about.

Might sound harsh but it's usually simple people making such accusations.

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

More pedantic that anything, but people who type and randomly capitalise FULL words and end sentences with stupid numbers of punctuation (!!!!). 

Tabloids that CAPITALISE emotive verbs to influence their readers' opinions.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Some daft bint on Instagram posting about the George Floyd murder. Her exact words were 'Anybody not publicly speaking out about this are complicit' 

Proper wound me up lol

I mean does she even understand what complicit means? It's clearly tragic what happened and hopefully this finally forces change but it doesn't need every Tom, Dick and Harry posting on their social media just to get some cheap likes

Already annoying me, I had to unfollow a lot of people on facebook as they were getting in the way of my dog pictures.

People I have never once seen mentioning how important black lives are, suddenly became experts and spokespeople for the black power movement over one night. The same people that hadn't heard of Dominic Cummings a fortnight ago but hated him last week.

In general it's people that jump onto the the current story dominating the news and make out that it's something very important to them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

"Do we get extra points for our quiz name?"

No, literally every quiz team for the last 10 years has been called 'Quiz on my face' or some equally boring shite.

Couldnt agree more, fvckin boring and the personal who usually chooses it thinks its hilarious that they've 'made it up'.

'Lets get quizzical'

'Les Quizserables'

'Quizzy Elliott'

'Risky Quizzness'

'Quizzy Rascals'

'I'm touching myself while I'm reading this' (only works for actual pub quiz paper submissions)

• Like 1

Love a quiz but think I'm getting a bit quizzed out over lockdown. We do 2 quizzes a week, one is about an hour long and the other is around 2 with breaks / chatting, thats kind of the maximum I can do.

One of our mates does a weekly quiz that is 4 hours long on a Wednesday night, with 'challenges'. 4 hours!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Love a quiz but think I'm getting a bit quizzed out over lockdown. We do 2 quizzes a week, one is about an hour long and the other is around 2 with breaks / chatting, thats kind of the maximum I can do.

One of our mates does a weekly quiz that is 4 hours long on a Wednesday night, with 'challenges'. 4 hours!!!

We have a work one every Friday afternoon. They forgot last week and I was relieved to be honest!

Child performers. Belting out a song with all the weird warbles and octave changes. You’re voice is reedy, you sound sh*t and you’re not the next Beyoncé like mum and dad have told you.

Should clarify, this is performers - not kids in general.lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Some daft bint on Instagram posting about the George Floyd murder. Her exact words were 'Anybody not publicly speaking out about this are complicit' 

And I bet they don't wear poppies either.

• Like 1