Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

53 minutes ago, oakman said:

Child performers. Belting out a song with all the weird warbles and octave changes. You’re voice is reedy, you sound sh*t and you’re not the next Beyoncé like mum and dad have told you.

Should clarify, this is performers - not kids in general.lol

Fake sincerity was invented for when someone shows you something a kid does whilst expecting you to be impressed.

4 hours ago, oakman said:

Child performers. Belting out a song with all the weird warbles and octave changes. You’re voice is reedy, you sound sh*t and you’re not the next Beyoncé like mum and dad have told you.

I hate all singers who do that. Young and old. 

• Like 1

The level of hypocrisy of some people jumping on the tragic death of George Floyd. ESPN reporter Chris Palmer revelling on Twitter over the burning of buildings, a day later the rioters are close to where he lives and he calls them animals and tells them to go back to where they live.

142630AE-E2D6-466D-8895-D111FE726599.jpeg

AC258EED-1E9F-47CA-A320-0EB3ED099EC1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, oakman said:

The level of hypocrisy of some people jumping on the tragic death of George Floyd. ESPN reporter Chris Palmer revelling on Twitter over the burning of buildings, a day later the rioters are close to where he lives and he calls them animals and tells them to go back to where they live.

142630AE-E2D6-466D-8895-D111FE726599.jpeg

AC258EED-1E9F-47CA-A320-0EB3ED099EC1.jpeg

Screenshot_20200602-075706_Twitter.thumb.jpg.9f2a8ceafaea3bb67ad4509d6f5a6223.jpg

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Eh? a cup is an official unit of measurement. It just depends on the nationality of the person giving the instructions. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_(unit)

Doh, well I've had a mare there then lol

Rarely ever hear it this side of the pond, can't recall seeing it on a measuring jug over here. Still think ml / g / ounces and pounds would suffice :P

On 31/05/2020 at 08:36, ozleicester said:

People on (of course) social media, having just returned from the shops....complaining about all the people at the shops.

I went for a walk the other day and overheard a guy saying its disgusting how many people are here, everyone is a sheep. 

• Like 2

UPS and their convoluted delivery updates. I don’t have a clue what arrival, destination and departure scans are I just want to know when I need to look out for my parcel. Amazon have just got it so right - nice 2 hour estimated delivery slot and you can sometimes even track to see where the van is in relation to your gaff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

UPS and their convoluted delivery updates. I don’t have a clue what arrival, destination and departure scans are I just want to know when I need to look out for my parcel. Amazon have just got it so right - nice 2 hour estimated delivery slot and you can sometimes even track to see where the van is in relation to your gaff. 

Amazon really are a well oiled machine. Even if a delivery isn't going to make it in time I get an email pretty quick to say it will now be tomorrow. So far ive found Amazon to more than reasonable in the info they provide. I dont think you Can ask for more 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manini said:

I deal with a lot of couriers and UPS are without doubt the worst of the lot my a country mile.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I deal with a lot of couriers and UPS are without doubt the worst of the lot my a country mile.

Heard lots say the same thing to be honest. I don’t think I’d use them again by choice 

On 01/06/2020 at 16:30, oakman said:

Over singing, it’s painful to the ears.

• Like 1

Car insurance. 

Probably moan about this every year but they really do take the piss. Want to up yearly payments by £50. Up to £52/month, go on compare the doodar and see the same company quoting £36/month.

How the **** is this still allowed ffs. lol

On 02/06/2020 at 22:14, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Those fvcking new Moonpig adverts where the woman sings the jingle mid-sentence, and in a different key each time. Who thought that was a good idea?

There's an ad at the moment doing the rounds on the radio - it's for Sainsbury's and it takes twee to such a level it genuinely makes my skin crawl. Just wanna listen to big Al Brazil in peace.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Car insurance. 

Probably moan about this every year but they really do take the piss. Want to up yearly payments by £50. Up to £52/month, go on compare the doodar and see the same company quoting £36/month.

How the **** is this still allowed ffs. lol

They're still putting prices up despite the number of accidents dropping off a cliff due to the COVID stituation, too. 

The FCA just lets the insurance industry do what it wants.

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Swear Mundial just used to be a fun little magazine / look at footy but it's not half crawled up its own arse in the past year or so.

So boring now, I unfollowed them ages ago because you could almost predict their content almost word for word 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There's an ad at the moment doing the rounds on the radio - it's for Sainsbury's and it takes twee to such a level it genuinely makes my skin crawl. Just wanna listen to big Al Brazil in peace.

What's the jist of it? Don't know if I've heard it