Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Said it in the match thread but Sky doing the split screen cut to Spurs players arriving at The Emirates during our game. It's for shit like this that Sky deserve to lose the Premier League rights to Amazon.

Agreed. Surely it's a bigger story if they don't turn up?

Just shows the teams along the bottom of the screen. There is a match going on.

No chance of that! The BBC News always has a problem with City. Tonight, was the latest example: "Manchester United moved up to second with a win narrow 1-0 win over West Ham. There were also wins for Arsenal, Brighton and Leicester."  Note the order in which they mentioned the teams. It's amazing how often our result is given last, almost as an aside. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Without wanting to cause any controversy, because there is enough on other threads, the point should be that an innocent, young woman has been killed.

Nothing else really matters at the moment.

A person's life should not be used as an excuse for anything else, especially political views.

The tragic death of people in circumstances that should not have happened has been used as a catalyst for changing things throughout history.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The tragic death of people in circumstances that should not have happened has been used as a catalyst for changing things throughout history.

I wholeheartedly agree, however, this feels like people using a brutal murder as an excuse for other narratives. 

You know what, I'm not even getting in to it anymore.

See other threads on here.

I can actually see opinions from both sides and form my own opinion too, but you'll still get shit for it.

I'm not getting worked up about things like some do.

Most of society just needs to calm their tits.

56 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I wholeheartedly agree, however, this feels like people using a brutal murder as an excuse for other narratives. 

You know what, I'm not even getting in to it anymore.

See other threads on here.

I can actually see opinions from both sides and form my own opinion too, but you'll still get shit for it.

I'm not getting worked up about things like some do.

Most of society just needs to calm their tits.

I don't disagree, and I can understand the weariness with it all. Being angry, and focused, and frustrated with something is tiring as all hell.

But I think, and some other people evidently think so too, some things are worth putting yourself through the wringer for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I don't disagree, and I can understand the weariness with it all. Being angry, and focused, and frustrated with something is tiring as all hell.

But I think, and some other people evidently think so too, some things are worth putting yourself through the wringer for.

Fair play, mate, would absolutely not disagree with you.

The Suffragettes, Tianamen Square man, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, The Arab Spring...absolutely. 

All a little bit more worthwhile than a so called 'Vigil', that was never about the the real cause.

Has anyone actually given a thought to the Everard family?

If they had, this wouldn't have happened. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Fair play, mate, would absolutely not disagree with you.

The Suffragettes, Tianamen Square man, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, The Arab Spring...absolutely. 

All a little bit more worthwhile than a so called 'Vigil', that was never about the the real cause.

Has anyone actually given a thought to the Everard family?

If they had, this wouldn't have happened. 

Can't say that I agree about the reading of value of the cause here and how the events of last night linked to it, but of course all such interpretations are subjective, including my own, so fair enough, mon ami.

On 14/03/2021 at 22:37, String fellow said:

No chance of that! The BBC News always has a problem with City. Tonight, was the latest example: "Manchester United moved up to second with a win narrow 1-0 win over West Ham. There were also wins for Arsenal, Brighton and Leicester."  Note the order in which they mentioned the teams. It's amazing how often our result is given last, almost as an aside. 

Does this actually grind your gears or are you joking?

Tried to buy a new rug from IKEA today, £60. Put it in my basket went to checkout, £50 postage WTF. Okay I'll click and collect, though it's 20 miles away and find they want a fiver for them to bring it to the effing door. Don't they want to sell anything.:dunno:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, masterg59 said:

Tried to buy a new rug from IKEA today, £60. Put it in my basket went to checkout, £50 postage WTF. Okay I'll click and collect, though it's 20 miles away and find they want a fiver for them to bring it to the effing door. Don't they want to sell anything.:dunno:

So weird, similar thing happened to me in the first lockdown, such a joke. Have a look on Dunelm, I managed to find the exact same rug I wanted, little bit cheaper, plus its a British company based in Leicester, better than giving the tight-arsed Swedes your cash

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

So weird, similar thing happened to me in the first lockdown, such a joke. Have a look on Dunelm, I managed to find the exact same rug I wanted, little bit cheaper, plus its a British company based in Leicester, better than giving the tight-arsed Swedes your cash

cheers, i'll have a look.

Supporting a chap with his debts as he recently got a letter from a debt recovery firm threatening enforcement action (bailiffs) if account isn't settled within 14 days from the date on the letter

Letter is dated the 8th, it arrived on the 15th - he's lost a week already.

He has no Internet, no smartphone just a basic PAYG, so the only option is to call them. Their line costs 9p/minute and you can be hanging on ages, not a good idea when you are skint.

I therefore use my phone. Waiting ages again, listening to some crap distorted music on the end of the phone. There is the odd interuption explaining you can press 3 to arrange call back. I do this and emphasis in my message to call his number - which I give.

The next day they call me!

Despite it being their mistake, they will not, despite my pleas, call him on the correct No. She says, you'll need to arrange another call back.

Cvnts

• Like 2

On 18/03/2021 at 20:00, Free Falling Foxes said:

Supporting a chap with his debts as he recently got a letter from a debt recovery firm threatening enforcement action (bailiffs) if account isn't settled within 14 days from the date on the letter

Letter is dated the 8th, it arrived on the 15th - he's lost a week already.

He has no Internet, no smartphone just a basic PAYG, so the only option is to call them. Their line costs 9p/minute and you can be hanging on ages, not a good idea when you are skint.

I therefore use my phone. Waiting ages again, listening to some crap distorted music on the end of the phone. There is the odd interuption explaining you can press 3 to arrange call back. I do this and emphasis in my message to call his number - which I give.

The next day they call me!

Despite it being their mistake, they will not, despite my pleas, call him on the correct No. She says, you'll need to arrange another call back.

Cvnts

Did it get resolved? I hope so.

44 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Begging adverts from charities on daytime TV.

I get that these can be good and important causes, but having to sit and watch children/animals in various degrees of distress is just depressingly manipulative stuff. Hate it when they come on.

I agree but the problem is, how else do they get their point across when so much of society will ignore or not grasp the facts of what is going on unless they have visual evidence and they're bound to use the most heart-wrenching images they can to get people to part with £2 a month. That's the easy bit. They then spam you with emails and phone calls asking yo to increase your donation. That's what really grinds my gears. It's basically on-line Chugging. 

• Like 1

These Asda female shelf stackers complaining about equal pay compared to warehouse staff. Firstly, it’s a different job. Secondly, male and female shelf stackers get paid the same. Thirdly, if anything male shelf stackers could be arguing that they get tasked with the heavy beer, wines and spirits etc whilst the women are are toilet rolls and crisps, men could get paid more. Just to reiterate, I don’t think male stackers should get paid more but it’s just a thought . 

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

These Asda female shelf stackers complaining about equal pay compared to warehouse staff. Firstly, it’s a different job. Secondly, male and female shelf stackers get paid the same. Thirdly, if anything male shelf stackers could be arguing that they get tasked with the heavy beer, wines and spirits etc whilst the women are are toilet rolls and crisps, so men should get paid more. I don’t think male stackers should get paid more but it’s the principle. 

Jesus, you're brave.

This could turn into the 'Also in the news' thread from a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday morning. 

You might need to go in to hiding and change your name.

You should know by now that you aren't allowed opinions like this lol

21 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

These Asda female shelf stackers complaining about equal pay compared to warehouse staff. Firstly, it’s a different job. Secondly, male and female shelf stackers get paid the same. Thirdly, if anything male shelf stackers could be arguing that they get tasked with the heavy beer, wines and spirits etc whilst the women are are toilet rolls and crisps, men could get paid more. Just to reiterate, I don’t think male stackers should get paid more but it’s just a thought . 

Imo you're probably right but as my wife stands to make a few thousand out of this, I don't give a shit. 

• Like 2