Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

When instead of discussing why they have their opinion or explaining it, people simply defend themselves by saying "it's my opinion" and get defensive when challenged by it. Don't share your opinion on a public forum if you aren't prepared to be challenged on it

Even worse when they add "...and I'm entitled to it" like it's some sort of legal disclaimer which means they never have to be held accountable for anything they say. Divs.

• Like 1

Openreach /BT

i built a new house.Well a builder did.

Applied for a new connection with Openreach in early October.

BT mucking things up all the way and said connection would be 21/12.

We had already moaned about the time scale.

it went to the CEO’s office and many,many conversations later it was mentioned another survey was to be done.27/1Why ,as we had a call from Openreach saying all systems go.

Ombudsman involved .

suddenly we had a definite date of 8/3.

8/3 no show and contacted BT as we have a direct number to the CEO’s complaints department.

The guy there was disgusted and wrote a strongly worded e Mail to Openreach,of which they have 24 hours to reply.

Today got a call from BT to say 1 Openreach had breached the 24 hour reply as he knows ombudsman is looking closely and secondly they have to close a road and won’t be connected until 

18th of fooking May!!!!!!

im absolutely livid.

One child had to go back to Uni as internet was non existent and had essays to do .Son doing A levels.

so basically 7 months from start of process and nearly 5 months from promise date.

No bloody internet.

53 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Openreach /BT

it went to the CEO’s office and many,many conversations later it was mentioned another survey was to be done.27/1Why ,as we had a call from Openreach saying all systems go.

Ombudsman involved .

8/3 no show and contacted BT as we have a direct number to the CEO’s complaints department.

The guy there was disgusted and wrote a strongly worded e Mail to Openreach,of which they have 24 hours to reply.

Today got a call from BT to say 1 Openreach had breached the 24 hour reply as he knows ombudsman is looking closely and secondly they have to close a road and won’t be connected until 

im absolutely livid.

One child had to go back to Uni as internet was non existent and had essays to do .Son doing A levels.

so basically 7 months from start of process and nearly 5 months from promise date.

No bloody internet.

Given your lack of internet, this is an impressive entry.

Sorry, very cheap shot. Keep breathing :) 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Openreach /BT

Ombudsman involved .

im absolutely livid.

No bloody internet.

Shocking service, and it probably may not help, but when we had a 2 week long outage (I know, it’s only a couple of weeks) but we managed to switch mobile allowance to 80gb a contract period for £20 each time and used a mobile hotspot. Not like broadband, but we managed for a couple of weeks.

Depends on speed and data expectations I guess, but thought I would share.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shocking service, and it probably may not help, but when we had a 2 week long outage (I know, it’s only a couple of weeks) but we managed to switch mobile allowance to 80gb a contract period for £20 each time and used a mobile hotspot. Not like broadband, but we managed for a couple of weeks.

Depends on speed and data expectations I guess, but thought I would share.

Yes,they are paying for extra data.

Really slow though.

My daughter is on target for a 1st and had an assignment and was 15% down due to not being able to download documents.She was livid.Had to go back to Uni of Nottingham .We are near Cambridge so isn’t ideal.

Anyway I will certainly give the Ombudsman an update tonight.Cheers

• Like 1

I had big problems after Christmas with my router. The Openreach guy came and checked the in-coming line, and nothing else. He didn't even look at my pc (or my ADSL filter). He said that the line was okay, but the internet continued to drop out intermittently. Eventually, I removed the single ADSL filter, threw it away, and replaced it with 2 other ADSL filters in series, with the broadband cable plugged into the first filter (one connected to the wall socket), and phone line plugged into the second one. This doubles the isolation between the 2 signals whilst not attenuating the broadband signal. The phone line will easily tolerate passing through 2 filters. With this setup, both have worked perfectly ever since then.    

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The media making out every single man to be a rapist. The constant “men sexually abuse women”. Surely it’s male criminals rather than just men. 

Dreadful what happened to the woman in London but I’m beginning to think that causes are the new religion 

2 hours ago, Bamboo said:

Women. 

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The media making out every single man to be a rapist. The constant “men sexually abuse women”. Surely it’s male criminals rather than just men. 

I dunno, I'm just spitballing here but perhaps the ire regarding this particular situation might be better directed at the ones solely responsible for giving blokes the "reputation" in the first place (the aforementioned criminal blokes) rather than the ones merely believing that reputation.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Said it in the match thread but Sky doing the split screen cut to Spurs players arriving at The Emirates during our game. It's for shit like this that Sky deserve to lose the Premier League rights to Amazon.

I get that Arsenal v Spurs will have the bigger following but its gone way too far. Mentioning that it is on is fine as is announcing the team news or having it scroll at the bottom for 30 seconds when announced, but anything beyond that is a joke.

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I get that Arsenal v Spurs will have the bigger following but its gone way too far. Mentioning that it is on is fine as is announcing the team news or having it scroll at the bottom for 30 seconds when announced, but anything beyond that is a joke.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Said it in the match thread but Sky doing the split screen cut to Spurs players arriving at The Emirates during our game. It's for shit like this that Sky deserve to lose the Premier League rights to Amazon.

They've done it for a while now and not just when the 'bigger' teams are playing. They do it for any game in that time slot. I think it's pretty normal for a tv company to advertise their other programmes while they have an engaged audience. I don't feel like it ever interrupts the game either. 

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They've done it for a while now and not just when the 'bigger' teams are playing. They do it for any game in that time slot. I think it's pretty normal for a tv company to advertise their other programmes while they have an engaged audience. I don't feel like it ever interrupts the game either. 

I think what Tuna is saying goes beyond the natural promotion of other matches though.

On 11/03/2021 at 22:10, Ian Nacho said:

I think if that's what you're taking out of all of this then you're missing the point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

I think if that's what you're taking out of all of this then you're missing the point.

Without wanting to cause any controversy, because there is enough on other threads, the point should be that an innocent, young woman has been killed.

Nothing else really matters at the moment.

A person's life should not be used as an excuse for anything else, especially political views.