Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They've plenty of staff. It's seemingly a well known tactic of theres. if you want to buy/upgrade then you're dealt with quickly. If you want to cancel then they will cut you off, put you on hold for hours, any trick that they can use. It's pretty poor.

Yeah I assumed that was the case. The thing is I was moving house and Virgin don’t supply the area so I had no option but to cancel. You can do everything else on their site but not that. Sky seem much better already in terms of service and it’s not getting installed until later today.

Edited by Unabomber

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Also in the end it took me 185 minutes to cancel with Virgin. 

We are currently experiencing a higher than normal call  volume. We apologize for any inconvenience. Repeat message every  minute.   

I always laugh whenever i call anywhere because they always say the above or a variation of it. The thing is,  they never seem to have a normal or low call volume so is it really higher than normal? No, you just are a bunch of cvnts! Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

People who send you a series of texts instead of putting what they have to say into one message before sending.

My daughter does this. "Hi dad how are you"

2 mins later: "I'm going to the shop today, dad"

1 min later " the sun's about to come out here, dad"

And so on... a brief conversation spread over about 15 mins. And I feel obliged to reply to every message.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

My daughter does this. "Hi dad how are you"

2 mins later: "I'm going to the shop today, dad"

1 min later " the sun's about to come out here, dad"

And so on... a brief conversation spread over about 15 mins. And I feel obliged to reply to every message.

I try to teach people not to expect quick responses to text messages so if they need one they should call me, otherwise they need to be prepared that it might be a few hours or even the next day before I respond.

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

What a strange thing to do.

Why?  It's a good system.  I have a life too, if someone at work needs my input on something and I'm not around to give it then they can call me.  Otherwise they have my texts as a way to contact me with stuff I might need to be aware of but don't need to work on immediately.  

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why?  It's a good system.  I have a life too, if someone at work needs my input on something and I'm not around to give it then they can call me.  Otherwise they have my texts as a way to contact me with stuff I might need to be aware of but don't need to work on immediately.  

Oh so you were talking purely work based texts? I’ll often text a couple of mates on Friday afternoon seeing if they fancy a beer or two after work. I’d be a bit pissed off if they didn’t reply until the next day all because I didn’t ring them to ask. 

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Oh so you were talking purely work based texts? I’ll often text a couple of mates on Friday afternoon seeing if they fancy a beer or two after work. I’d be a bit pissed off if they didn’t reply until the next day all because I didn’t ring them to ask. 

ok yeah if it's mates then it's not the same.  I don't have kids but I think they'd get the work treatment imo.

• Haha 1

Just found out if I want to watch all of our games next season I will have to fork out for 4 different streaming services. Any other Australians might have to be careful too.

The Premier League is on Optus

All European games are now on Stan Sport, which you have to pay for the base Stan package before you can add the Sport.

League cup on Bein Sports

FA Cup on ESPN

and not one of the fookers had the community shield.

If I want to watch the A League I’ll also need Fox Sports

Not that long ago all competitions plus the football league were on one service, I feel like I pay out more than a season ticket to watch all these games on my own in my lounge room at stupid o’clock in the morning.

• Like 1