Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When companies say they provide unlimited annual leave to staff and publicise it as if they've decided to do it to promote wellbeing.

The reality is it creates a culture of presenteeism with people not wanting to be seen as taking the piss resulting in them taking fewer days off.

Companies are fully aware of this when they implement this policy but the idiots on LinkedIn lap it up.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

Alice Roberts is so thick. The fact she is now one of our most recognisable 'experts' shows just how far the BBC has fallen. 

The key problem is that depth of scientific knowledge very often doesn't go hand in hand with the ability to communicate it effectively. So there's something of a dearth of talent in that area, and I don't think that's a recent problem.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Virgin media. I am moving house on Friday so need to cancel with them. Been on hold for a total of 70 mins now across 2 calls. I mean why not employ more staff? It is a ****ing joke. 

28 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

DVLA. Moved house so I sent off for an updated licence. 

I had to cut up my old licence and post it to them. That was two weeks ago and I cant get through to them by phone or webchat.

Covid innit lol

Sick of companies using this as an excuse.

Although, to be fair to the DVLA, they were almost wiped out with the breakouts they had.

There were major delays in getting paperwork out last summer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Covid innit lol

Sick of companies using this as an excuse.

Although, to be fair to the DVLA, they were almost wiped out with the breakouts they had.

There were major delays in getting paperwork out last summer.

Got my new V5C straight away which is what makes it more frustrating 

21 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I didn't know anyone ever actually did that.

Wish I didnt lol 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I had to cut up my old licence and post it to them. That was two weeks ago and I cant get through to them by phone or webchat.

I did mine recently and the new V5C arrived with me before my license would've got to them. I was pleasantly surpised.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Alice Roberts is so thick. The fact she is now one of our most recognisable 'experts' shows just how far the BBC has fallen. 

Really?  I like her, and I think while she sometimes simplifies things rather, for most people that opens up the subject rather well.  Clearly if you are are well informed on a particular subject, someone who's job is to communicate science to the masses if probably not aimed at you.

On 02/08/2021 at 12:05, RonnieTodger said:

I didn’t bother. Got the new one through and framed the old one. 

Not sure if it’s because I’ve not been very well but my tolerance for people in general is getting worse.

Constant selfish behaviour with no regard for others like the incident I posted in the dogs thread today really makes me want to live on an island or somewhere I can do what I want without some arsehole ruining my day would be grandlol 

Edited by Costock_Fox

When non football fans come out with statements like 'football fans are the worst' etc when something awful happens. 

Yes, there are tw ats in society who affixed themselves with football but the vast majority of us are law abiding, respectful people. Condemn the tw ats, not the rest of us.

Just find it ironic when the same people accuse others of generalising when they are doing exactly the same thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

When non football fans come out with statements like 'football fans are the worst' etc when something awful happens. 

Yes, there are tw ats in society who affixed themselves with football but the vast majority of us are law abiding, respectful people. Condemn the tw ats, not the rest of us.

Just find it ironic when the same people accuse others of generalising when they are doing exactly the same thing.

You've also got to put it in proportion. Football fan numbers trounce every other sport comfortably so even the minority will be a lot bigger.

On 02/08/2021 at 11:20, Unabomber said:

Virgin media. I am moving house on Friday so need to cancel with them. Been on hold for a total of 70 mins now across 2 calls. I mean why not employ more staff? It is a ****ing joke. 

They've plenty of staff. It's seemingly a well known tactic of theres. if you want to buy/upgrade then you're dealt with quickly. If you want to cancel then they will cut you off, put you on hold for hours, any trick that they can use. It's pretty poor.