Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

****ers are too quick for me 

Even my best tea towel flick 

I am master fly killer, well almost. I can almost bruce lee catch with chopsticks. Instead of chopsticks i use my fingers lol.  A good cleanup game is required.

Fly swats are handy!

Edited by Jattdogg

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Absolutely love killing flies. It's kind of sadistic really. Dirty barstards!

Mrs. FFF bought me one of those electric fly zapper things. They are a electified mesh that electrocute tiny flying creatures.

I had a wasp fly into it last year. It went with a heck of a crack and spark and even a little smoke came from its still slightly moving body for a while

You would love it.

Edit: only takes a couple of batteries to operate.

Here's mine

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

Spoilers that you can't avoid. Scrolling down a completely unrelated web page, and a headline jumps out at you, and by the time you've read, it, and realised you really didn't want to read it, you've absorbed it. 

A pretty minor, definitely first world problem, but an annoyance nonetheless. 

On 24/07/2021 at 12:49, Foxhateram said:

Idiots marching in the streets, no masks and thousands strong. Marching for less rules and no lockdowns, despite their actions prolonging the need for Said rules and restrictions!

Outdoors, fresh air makes sod all difference, like we have seen literally no evidence of spikes after all the media coverage of packed beaches.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Spoilers that you can't avoid. Scrolling down a completely unrelated web page, and a headline jumps out at you, and by the time you've read, it, and realised you really didn't want to read it, you've absorbed it. 

A pretty minor, definitely first world problem, but an annoyance nonetheless. 

BBC Football does this. Scorll down to the bottom of a match report on a Saturday evening, and it spoils anything you've been trying to avoid on the main Sports page by showing the headline storys at the bottom. 

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

BBC Football does this. Scorll down to the bottom of a match report on a Saturday evening, and it spoils anything you've been trying to avoid on the main Sports page by showing the headline storys at the bottom. 

Probably wouldn't start reading match reports if you don't want to know the scores tbf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/07/2021 at 16:37, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not being allowed a day off work for a mates funeral and only being allowed to have a few hours off for the service as annual leave, when people have been off for months fully paid with naff all wrong with them. 

The way UK employers treat their staff is appalling.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Outdoors, fresh air makes sod all difference, like we have seen literally no evidence of spikes after all the media coverage of packed beaches.

Plenty of cases proven to be as a result of the euros and a packed Wembley. Case rates have rocketed in the last 4 weeks so I'd say your theory of 'its outside' is pretty far off. 

With cases rising comes more hospitalisations and deaths, usually a few weeks behind, as we're seeing now. 

Respiratory diseases spread in air droplets, air droplets exist anywhere. 

Edited by Foxhateram

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Plenty of cases proven to be as a result of the euros and a packed Wembley. Case rates have rocketed in the last 4 weeks so I'd say your theory of 'its outside' is pretty far off. 

With cases rising comes more hospitalisations and deaths, usually a few weeks behind, as we're seeing now. 

Proven? Show me the proof or is it more assumptions? The original poster stated packed beaches and there being no spikes, which is true.

Anyways this is for the coronavirus thread 😊

12 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Probably wouldn't start reading match reports if you don't want to know the scores tbf

You misunderstand. I read to the bottom of a football match report, and it has a headline underneath for the F1 qualifying, which I've recorded to watch later. I purposely avoid the main Sport section so I don't see it, then scroll to the bottom of  Wolves v Brighton and it gets spoiled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

My UK employer would be absolutely fine with it. Weird to tar everyone with the same brush

Im not suggesting "everyone" is the same.. clearly im talking from my experience... 

"not all employers"    sigh

The email from the club announcing the new away kit:

'Introducing Our New 2021/22 Away Kit ????'

They've gone full YouTuber by putting question marks in a title when there's absolutely no question that the title is accurately describing what the content is about. Probably bugs me more than it should to be honest.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The email from the club announcing the new away kit:

'Introducing Our New 2021/22 Away Kit ????'

They've gone full YouTuber by putting question marks in a title when there's absolutely no question that the title is accurately describing what the content is about. Probably bugs me more than it should to be honest.

This kind of thing annoys me too. Similar to the poster here who insits on putting three exclamation marks after the first sentence of every post, even when it makes absolutely no sense 

34 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

They haven't, the ???? is a default thing on their email system which is meant to be filled with your name but if they don't have it on file (or it's badly managed) the question marks will appear instead.

Nope. Its an emoji. 

Screenshot_20210728_182724_com.google.android.gm_1_1_1_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People who seem to spend their lives discussing the latest outrage caused by controversial political commentators they oppose.

You're keeping them relevant all so you can prove to the internet just how clever you are, you absolute idiots.

On 28/07/2021 at 08:31, Foxhateram said:

There is a BIG difference between packed concourses, sitting next to someone in a stadium for 2 hours and wandering down the street.