Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 18/08/2021 at 03:20, woollett the bullet said:

Pretentious wine pricx, 

" Well I don't think you can beat a semi sweet Peruvian reisling or a nice dry  '85 Lomberg de rone chianti this time of year. . .. . . . Especially with fish".  

Look , wine is either red or white - how simples that! 

• Haha 1

Over familiar news readers and weather people. 

"So that's where we are with Covid-19, and talking of which, I wonder if <insert weather person's name> has a vaccine for some sunshine this weekend ?"

(there follows some inane chit-chat between said news reader and weather person, nothing to do with the weather, or the news for that matter). 

Tell us what the weather is going to do, then foxtrot oscar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I do agree with this mostly, but to be fair, think there is one or two in amongst the attention seekers that genuinely need help and are crying out for help by posting lines like that (although Facebook etc. isn't the best place to go to for that) 

Yeah that's fair man, it was meant in a fairly lighthearted way.

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

People who tag themselves at Hospital for attention. 

It's not that extreme, but I do have a family member who does something akin to this. Only really posts when either herself, or her daughter are unwell, or when someone has died, or it's the anniversary of someone who has died. Weird.

Never really understood the grief that wine enjoyers get. Even the uninitiated can tell the difference between different types of red or white, just like even a novice beer drinker can taste the difference between a very hoppy pale ale, a light bitter or a mild. Seems to be another example of a section of British society being terrified of looking 'pretentious'. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Never really understood the grief that wine enjoyers get. Even the uninitiated can tell the difference between different types of red or white, just like even a novice beer drinker can taste the difference between a very hoppy pale ale, a light bitter or a mild. Seems to be another example of a section of British society being terrified of looking 'pretentious'. 

Both the wine and the real ale snobs are pretentious. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Bear said:

Both the wine and the real ale snobs are pretentious. 

What makes a snob though?

I like both real ale and wine and I like trying different types, matching them with food. So I imagine I would be your snob.  

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Noticing different flavours is pretentious?  Don't go down the crisp aisle mate.

I think it might be a protestant thing. Eating and drinking is for sustenance and nihilistic abandon, not flavours. To be fair I can be a bit of a shoveller and guzzler myself. 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

People that steal from charity shops. Had a few in the last few days. I don't want to offend @Buce so I'm saying no more.

some people just have to have that 500 piece jigsaw puzzle of a tractor with half the pieces missing and an old abba cassette

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Russell Howard. 

I can't decide what's worse. His contrived 'Inbetweener-cum-inadequate-adult' bullshit or his 'serious-but-still-irreverent' bullshit.

He's painfully unfunny and a twat. 

Another in a long line of absolutely terrible comedians that somehow find steady employment with the BBC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Another in a long line of absolutely terrible comedians that somehow find steady employment with the BBC.

Baffling. 

There's one sketch where the entire punchline is calling tits 'tatty bonjangles' with a moronic grin. 

I hate his act but I also hate him as a person. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Baffling. 

There's one sketch where the entire punchline is calling tits 'tatty bonjangles' with a moronic grin. 

I hate his act but I also hate him as a person. 

The kind of person who indulges in creative twee swearing. 

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm not talking about people who just enjoy beer/wine, I'm talking about people who won't shut up telling you about how much better the beer/wine they drink is. That makes them snobs, not just that they enjoy it. 

Who does that?

I like beer and real ale, but never once have I told the people I'm with that it's much better than their lager.

:dunno: