Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

18 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just found out if I want to watch all of our games next season I will have to fork out for 4 different streaming services. Any other Australians might have to be careful too.

The Premier League is on Optus

All European games are now on Stan Sport, which you have to pay for the base Stan package before you can add the Sport.

League cup on Bein Sports

FA Cup on ESPN

and not one of the fookers had the community shield.

If I want to watch the A League I’ll also need Fox Sports

Not that long ago all competitions plus the football league were on one service, I feel like I pay out more than a season ticket to watch all these games on my own in my lounge room at stupid o’clock in the morning.

Streaming is such good quality these days... so im not bothering with anything other than Optus for the PL (which i include in the wonderful Mrs Oz's ultra cheap Optus plan). All the rest ill stream, or make a fake email for free trials lol 

The fact that state schools will undoubtedly get the rough deal from the usual red tops and co when it comes to investigating the huge increase in good grades at both GCSE and A-Level, in spite of the fact that private schools have been fudging theirs twice over. Some schools increased their A-A* percentage by almost 20% between 2019 (exams) and 2020 (assessed grades), if that level of figure manipulation happened elsewhere there would be a widespread fraud investigation. 

https://www.best-schools.co.uk/uk-school-league-tables/list-of-league-tables/top-100-schools-by-a-level

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

The fact that state schools will undoubtedly get the rough deal from the usual red tops and co when it comes to investigating the huge increase in good grades at both GCSE and A-Level, in spite of the fact that private schools have been fudging theirs twice over. Some schools increased their A-A* percentage by almost 20% between 2019 (exams) and 2020 (assessed grades), if that level of figure manipulation happened elsewhere there would be a widespread fraud investigation. 

https://www.best-schools.co.uk/uk-school-league-tables/list-of-league-tables/top-100-schools-by-a-level

'United we stand, divided we fall' - The red tops will always stir up the middle and working class to point the finger at each other to avert the gazes from the upper crust. All I've heard at work these last few days is people slagging off teachers for giving out estimated or target grades to the kids, how else should it have been done if they've not been able to do exams or attend school regularly due to Covid? These private schools have always been doing this, 'donations' from parents have always been a 'wink wink' to sort out their kids futures.

These papers are owned by the rich for a reason, to ensure we're all at each others throats while the rich can continue being rich and moulding the system to benefit their own. Until the average person wakes up from this that's the way it will always be.

• Like 3

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Forgetting to pay the Dartford crossing charge and getting a fine for £35.

I don't think you can appeal a PCN on the grounds of being a dozy bastard but I know people that would

if it’s your first time not paying the dart charge you can call them and they will make the pcn disappear. happened to me early last year 

1 hour ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

if it’s your first time not paying the dart charge you can call them and they will make the pcn disappear. happened to me early last year 

Cheers. Don't know if I've actually been fined yet but expect to be as well outside the payment period. Should probably just take my medicine, cannot really blame anyone else and there are enough signs telling you what to do.

My wife had no sympathy, mainly as she was too busy being cross that she had left her glittery sandals on the verandah of our holiday let where they appear to have been chewed into pieces by a fox

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My wife had no sympathy, mainly as she was too busy being cross that she had left her glittery sandals on the verandah of our holiday let where they appear to have been chewed into pieces by a fox

lol

Perhaps you could cheer her up by mentioning your hopes that the Foxes will do well this season. You could even show her photos of Maddison's fancy boots, perhaps?

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

lol

Perhaps you could cheer her up by mentioning your hopes that the Foxes will do well this season. You could even show her photos of Maddison's fancy boots, perhaps?

I'm going to take it as a positive omen about the mighty Foxes' prospects this season, and I'm confident she will do the same, may not mention it just yet though

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm going to take it as a positive omen about the mighty Foxes' prospects this season, and I'm confident she will do the same, may not mention it just yet though

Maybe this little exchange reveals why you're still married and I'm not? 

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Forgetting to pay the Dartford crossing charge and getting a fine for £35.

I don't think you can appeal a PCN on the grounds of being a dozy bastard but I know people that would

The thing that annoys me is that they are all designed to get as many PCNs as possible.

The Runcorn bridge has got me 3 times in my last 6 or crossings or so. Thankfully they do give you a day or so of grace if you call up, but it's easy to forget and then 48 hours later, bam, there's your PCN.

The replies under this FB post from our good friends at Leicestershire Live. Absolutely terrifying what old white people actually want to do to this country. Terrifying.

Some golden, and some worrying stuff:

- MPs working for minimum wage

- STOP ILLEGALS

- Capital punishment

- NATIONAL SERVICE (when none of these people have done national service. Funny that.)

- "we need to deal with all who defend illegal immigrants"

- Cut footballers pay (aka end capitalism)

image.png.1bf57debf22da633def2baa15ad51ba6.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

The replies under this FB post from our good friends at Leicestershire Live. Absolutely terrifying what old white people actually want to do to this country. Terrifying.

- STOP ILLEGALS

- Capital punishment

- NATIONAL SERVICE (when none of these people have done national service. Funny that.)

End Smart motorways.

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

- STOP ILLEGALS

- Capital punishment

Snipers on motorway bridges to take out the idiots in the wrong lane 

• Like 1

Surely in the year 2021 with the faded haircut being one of the most popular you’d think that all hair professionals would be able to do one. I should’ve known what was coming when the sh*t barber said “next please” and it was my turn. The blokes made me look like a lesbian, and not the good kind. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surely in the year 2021 with the faded haircut being one of the most popular you’d think that all hair professionals would be able to do one. I should’ve known what was coming when the sh*t barber said “next please” and it was my turn. The blokes made me look like a lesbian, and not the good kind. 

My stepson wanted a skin fade. 

The Mrs took him to the barbers, literally took 2 hours.

It looked horrendous.

I took him back down there and complained. A bloke looked at him and said "That's terrible, who did that?"

My stepson replied "You did" lol

Thankfully, lowdown kicked in and I did a better job on it with my clippers. 

I always cut my own hair, so I was a step ahead of everyone :cool:

28 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Pics or it didn't happen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I had forgotten about that and now I’m annoyed cheers.

Sorry mate! Just saw it again this morning and it, sadly, annoyed me SO much just FVCKING SAY what you want to say. Usually some snowflake, woke idiot who says it too. 

You're not fvcking funny, or cool, by saying it. You're just fvcking embarrasing!

Back to work I go......