Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

I'm sure he wouldn't have mentioned it had the person been disabled. People do this shit all the time, call in that they can't get their car out when they live within walking distance. You have a duty to make an effort to get into work. How would you feel if you were in hospital and a bunch of doctors or nurses had that attitude, and didn't even try?

Just trying to cover all angles. Just seems lazy to use a car when it is ten minutes walking distance. By the time he gets the car on the road it takes just as long plus there is the petrol cost on top. Waste of money.

Person is not disabled. And perfectly capable of making the 10 minute walk. I hope they now slip on ice whilst enjoying there day off.

Then He is in the wrong. My brother has a serious lung  condition which requires him to have an oxygen cylinder and use disabled parking badge. If yo saw him walking from his car you may think he was not disabled. He cannot walk too far without being out of breath.He does not expect to reach a great age. He is 61.

But saying that he would have just about managed 10 minutes walking snow or no snow.

Edited by Rincewind

Just trying to cover all angles. Just seems lazy to use a car when it is ten minutes walking distance. By the time he gets the car on the road it takes just as long plus there is the petrol cost on top. Waste of money.

Then He is in the wrong. My brother has a serious lung condition which requires him to have an oxygen cylinder and use disabled parking badge. If yo saw him walking from his car you may think he was not disabled. He cannot walk too far without being out of breath.He does not expect to reach a great age. He is 61.

But saying that he would have just about managed 10 minutes walking snow or no snow.

Sometimes there's no other angle to cover other than the subject is a lazy bastard.

• Like 2

Sometimes there's no other angle to cover other than the subject is a lazy bastard.

Look at all possibilities then call them a lazy bastard when the others are dismissed. I was not defending them just wanted to know if there was another reason that could prevent him walking to work other than being a lazy  bastard even if it was a 0.0000000000000001% chance.Even if he could not be bothered to clear the drive he could have got his missus to do it assuming he managed to walk down the aisle without using a car.

I think a lot of car drivers become lazy bastards once they get a car.

I thought as it was such a poor excuse there must be a reason. Noone could be that stupid to think it was a reasonable reason.

Edited by Rincewind

Look at all possibilities then call them a lazy bastard when the others are dismissed. I was not defending them just wanted to know if there was another reason that could prevent him walking to work other than being a lazy  bastard even if it was a 0.0000000000000001% chance.Even if he could not be bothered to clear the drive he could have got his missus to do it assuming he managed to walk down the aisle without using a car.

I thought as it was such a poor excuse there must be a reason. Noone could be that stupid to think it was a reasonable reason.

Why do you care so much man? relax.

and non car drivers.MattP once saw a non car driver being carried out of a pub one lunchtime!!!!

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....

This joke is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the thread it'd be pushing up the daisies! Its metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-JOKE!!

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

trust me... its not a good thing

Mate, When i'm stuck in dark, miserable and rainy Swansea and i come on this thread to see if its snowing in leicester to make myself feel a bit better, to see that level of sun is devastating! 

I would swap with you in an instant! 

Mate, When i'm stuck in dark, miserable and rainy Swansea and i come on this thread to see if its snowing in leicester to make myself feel a bit better, to see that level of sun is devastating! 

I would swap with you in an instant!

If you're cold you can put a jumper, it's not that easy when you're too hot.