Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

3 hours ago, Adster said:

I work from home. So I've got no excuses...

No imagination....!!    Tell 'em your internet connection has just had a white-out.

Your area had a water break, that then froze the cables.

Or a bloody Reindeer, caught practicing his flying technicics, hit the main antenna.

Or a snowman broke in and nicked all your goods.

Schools are closed , so you have to educate your kids

If your so bloody clever, working from home, you should be Clever enough to find some

Whining excuse.....:P

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just makes me wonder how they manage in Scandinavia ...    :whistle:

Studded tyres. I drove from Tromso to Narvik a few years ago in the middle of winter with no issues.

Didnt see a single other car on the road for at least 3 hours though which suggests they just stay in bed lol 

The whole "how do they manage in Norway/Switzerland" thing is a bit of an unfair comparision really. They have predictable and sustained winter weather every year and are prepared, at a cost, accordingly.

I imagine all these feckers moaning about "everything grinding to a halt" would also be moaning if our councils were spending a fortune on more snow ploughs etc which only get used once every four years!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No snow at home in West Sussex.  No Snow on the train into London (although I was asleep so I might have missed it) and no snow in London.  don't know what you lot are all moaning about.

On my way to Midhurst ...    don't know what all the fuss is about.   :)

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Studded tyres. I drove from Tromso to Narvik a few years ago in the middle of winter with no issues.

Didnt see a single other car on the road for at least 3 hours though which suggests they just stay in bed lol 

Stay in bed ...   Scandinavian women ...    can't really argue with that ..   :)

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Hinckley to Tamworth in record time! Credit where credits due the gritters and the councils have done a cracking job on the main roads.

Shout out to the City Council teams gritting the pavements in the city centre this morning. It used to take days before anyone even thought about doing that

High Wycombe made the weather news on TV. last night!  No trains, no buses, no taxis, and no gritters. 17 cm. of snow was the cause, with people comparing us to the Antarctic. Bloody pathetic. Most people down here don't have experience of a real winter. One flake of snow, and everything grinds to a halt. :huh:

1 minute ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

High Wycombe made the weather news on TV. last night!  No trains, no buses, no taxis, and no gritters. 17 cm. of snow was the cause, with people comparing us to the Antarctic. Bloody pathetic. Most people down here don't have experience of a real winter. One flake of snow, and everything grinds to a halt. :huh:

I'm not far from you DT.

Apparently it'll be -9º down here tonight. You gotta admit, that's pretty cold! :o

I swear the roads in North West Leicestershire were in a better state at 7 this morning than they were at 7 this evening. From the Flying Horse roundabout onwards the A511 just got progressively worse. It's like the gritting stopped at the Charnwood/NWL border.

Just now, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Thought every driver ( including me ) was probably be a bit over cautious on the way to work today.

Was overtaken by two ambulances with lights flashing and doing about 70 mph in a built up area.

I love irony.

Better that than waiting for a rescue truck to pull you out of a ditch though.

I think the school closures lead to a lot less traffic which helped enormously. I left ridiculously early to compensate for the weather and was in the office ridiculously early. :unsure:

Snow like this when I was at school meant one thing - cross-country running in PE!

Also remember going out at break time with several inches of snow on the ground to play football and several of us coming back in for the next lesson soaking wet and freezing lol

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I did a bit of a panic shop knowing all this snow was coming, and ended up buying far too many pairs of gloves.

If anyone wants to take them off my hands, I'd be most grateful...

Are you struggling to get them all off because youre wearing too many?

Suprised you can still type....