Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Should be decent. Quite a fan of Blur myself, always thought they were better than Oasis (controversial I know).

I've always thought Blur were far better than Oasis. Graham Coxon and Alex James are probably two of the most underrated musicians of all time!

Off to the 02 tomorrow night to see The Who play "Quadrophenia and more" got a decently placed seat on Townshends side, looks about 20 metres from him (or 17 from his nose). The last time I heard 20,000 people singing "who are you" it was aimed towards a young sub for our opponents. Have a good night? You better, you bet!

You always can tell how shit a band is when they overcompensate with stage effects.

BTW I know one of the stage crew who are touring with muse....he gets paid really well and most of the year he's at home doing nowt.

I really would like to go to more gigs but theres only a few I really love enough to see live and I've seen them all at least once, cant get motivated to see a band unless I really love 'em.

Tool.

Have you been to a muse gig? Just wondering what qualifies you to say they're shit live and have to have some pyro to compensate for their poor music? Or is just cos you're not a fan of twilight?

lol

I'm sure they're great if you like the whole whiny, MOR music they make, its really a remark on why bands feel the need to use all that stuff.

I'm not sure why bands feel the need to have funky visuals on screens and flashing lights and pyro and all the rest but the fact is they do it. I enjoy muses music but to criticise them based on a picture of one of their gigs is a little strange for me.

Mor music? The singles they release perhaps yes but many of their best work is certainly not middle of the road.

Edited by SystonFox

I'm not sure why bands feel the need to have funky visuals on screens and flashing lights and pyro and all the rest but the fact is they do it. I enjoy muses music but to criticise them based on a picture of one of their gigs is a little strange for me.

I am a little strange.

Should get to 30 Seconds To Mars in November at The o2, hoping for a home game that day to make it easier to get to

Dammit. I was going to go to that. 

Wouldn't mind another on-stage appearance 3 years after the first time. Tickets only £35 which is a good price I reckon. 

You always can tell how shit a band is when they overcompensate with stage effects.

BTW I know one of the stage crew who are touring with muse....he gets paid really well and most of the year he's at home doing nowt.

I really would like to go to more gigs but theres only a few I really love enough to see live and I've seen them all at least once, cant get motivated to see a band unless I really love 'em.

Saw Rammstein at Download last night, and they put on a ridiculously extravagant show. They were the best band I've ever seen in my life (and I've been to my fair share of festivals/concerts).

No reason why there's anything wrong with it, as long as it doesn't interfere with their performance.

Saw Rammstein at Download last night, and they put on a ridiculously extravagant show. They were the best band I've ever seen in my life (and I've been to my fair share of festivals/concerts).

No reason why there's anything wrong with it, as long as it doesn't interfere with their performance.

I'm sure you'd have enjoyed it just as much without the 'extravagance'.

Saw Rammstein at Download last night, and they put on a ridiculously extravagant show. They were the best band I've ever seen in my life (and I've been to my fair share of festivals/

I went as well, mental stage show from them

Dammit. I was going to go to that. 

Wouldn't mind another on-stage appearance 3 years after the first time. Tickets only £35 which is a good price I reckon. 

I'm not putting you off am I? lol

That's not too bad for the o2 I spose, although it's good that I can be home in an hour after it ends