Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

17 minutes ago, stix said:

That video has been on the news all day today, what I don’t get, is why the guy that was in the next apartment didn’t grab the baby?! 

Yeah it's weird how he just stands there watching when the child appears to be easily within his reach.

37 minutes ago, stix said:

That video has been on the news all day today, what I don’t get, is why the guy that was in the next apartment didn’t grab the baby?! 

He's on the neighbouring balcony and there seems to be a partition.

Looks as if he could only have rescued the kid by climbing from one balcony to the other on the outside of the building, around the partition - and wasn't a superhero like the other bloke.

If he'd taken hold of the kid's hands from his own balcony (doubtful he can even reach without falling himself), he'd definitely have dropped him.

Actually, looking it at, he might have been able to get over the top of the partition. So maybe he just froze or that didn't occur to him?

childrescued.jpg

19 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

He's on the neighbouring balcony and there seems to be a partition.

Looks as if he could only have rescued the kid by climbing from one balcony to the other on the outside of the building, around the partition - and wasn't a superhero like the other bloke.

If he'd taken hold of the kid's hands from his own balcony (doubtful he can even reach without falling himself), he'd definitely have dropped him.

Actually, looking it at, he might have been able to get over the top of the partition. So maybe he just froze or that didn't occur to him?

childrescued.jpg

Dont get me wrong I’m not having a go. He could have easily climbed over the top of the partition into the child’s apartment though. He probably did freeze though. I’d like to think I would be pro active in that kind of situation but I’ve never been in that kind of position. The kids alright though which is the main thing. 

Edited by stix
Didn’t read your post properly before writing my reposte. Sorry Alf!!

26 minutes ago, stix said:

Dont get me wrong I’m not having a go. He could have easily climbed over the top of the partition into the child’s apartment though. He probably did freeze though. I’d like to think I would be pro active in that kind of situation but I’ve never been in that kind of position. The kids alright though which is the main thing. 

No, I didn't think you were having a go. It's just interesting to imagine what we'd have done in the circumstances - though, as you say, we'll probably never know unless we face such a situation.

It does look as if the other bloke could have got over the partition, but images can be deceiving. Even then, he'd have been grabbing the arms of a kid possibly weighing  more than 2 stone (and resisting) to pull him up, above the abyss of death.

I just hope I'm never in such a situation. 

He might also have been trying to persuade the kid to edge along the balcony so that he could reach him - or just talking to him to get him to hold on.

Because that's the other astonishing thing - that the kid holds on for so long. I suppose the survival instinct just clicks in and, with his low body weight, he can hang on for a fair while.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

i like how you have to be a hero to be granted citizenship lol 

Cynical, I know. 

:D

They'll be immigrants all over Paris right now looking for toddlers to rescue :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ridiculous keyboard warrior "protestors" getting egg on their face. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44285455

"We DEMAND he get it lasered off!" 

Sterling: Erm, yeah, my dad was murdered by gun crime.... 

Ooops. Twat. 

And it's not even finished yet. So the finished tattoo might be something that cleary doesn't glorify guns.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

And it's not even finished yet. So the finished tattoo might be something that cleary doesn't glorify guns.

all i got from that is sterling is too much of a pussy to get a tattoo in one sitting

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

all i got from that is sterling is too much of a pussy to get a tattoo in one sitting

Never had a tattoo but isn't it a time thing too? A tattoo that size, filled in black would have taken a while to do. 

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

looking again you may have a point, and he hasnt left much room for anything else, so i think hes bullshitting about it not being finished

Guess we'll have to see when it's "finished".

Either way it's up to him what he has tattooed on his body. Its a bit weird and not what I'd do, but if he wants to commemorate his dad by tattooing the murder weapon on his leg, fair enough. We're all different.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Guess we'll have to see when it's "finished".

Either way it's up to him what he has tattooed on his body. Its a bit weird and not what I'd do, but if he wants to commemorate his dad by tattooing the murder weapon on his leg, fair enough. We're all different.

yeah its not the brightest idea in todays climate.