Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

Pointless Letters twitter account. Usually it's just things would normally be spouted in the pub, ignored/ mocked and then everyone moves on but now people have use of the internet and tell us that when we leave with no deal and bankers lose their highly-paid jobs, they should go straight into picking strawberries as the foreigners have gone.

Occasionally you'll get some idiot who writes in, with full name and address, saying he regrets being with his wife for so long and that he's jealous of his son being able use dating apps and websites, and of course his wife won't be alerted to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Vests.

I've just started wearing vests and they're ace.

When it's cold I used to wear a t-shirt under my work shirt but the short sleeves kinda got pushed up and it felt uncomfortable. I also wore a t-shirt in bed but got a bit hot wearing one but without one, too cold.

Then I discovered vests - a perfect halfway house for every occasion.

Vests are the future :thumbup:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Vests.

When it's cold I used to wear a t-shirt under my work shirt but the short sleeves kinda got pushed up and it felt uncomfortable. I also wore a t-shirt in bed but got a bit hot wearing one but without one, too cold.

I too invested in vests this year. They are great but my wife takes much delight in saying it shows how old i am getting

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Vests.

My Mrs bought me a Tony Soprano style vest a few years ago, they are fantastic on a chilly day and you feel extremely masculine wearing one.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

My Mrs bought me a Tony Soprano style vest a few years ago, they are fantastic on a chilly day and you feel extremely masculine wearing one.

Do you not feel extremely masculine anyway, Matt?

When I swagger down the street thrusting out my crotch or sit boldly on the park bench manspreading, I don't need a vest to feel extremely masculine. ;)

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Vests are great and it doesn't even matter if they get stained in a standoff with a chicken korma.  

.....whereas Carl is clearly ordering from the ladies' curry menu (no euphemism intended). :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2019 at 10:08, Stadt said:

How touchy Forest fans are over being called Notts Forrest 

They literally cannot not correct you. Not gonna lie, I do it deliberately 100% of the time just to fish. 

I know it's childish but it's just like calling the Scottish the Scotch. They 100% of the time will fail to resist correcting you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago I booked a train journey to go see my Grandma who was in hospital, but at the last minute it became apparent it would be more prudent to drive the journey for practical reasons.   I didn't cancel the tickets because it was a decision made on the day of travel and having other things to worry about I decided to chalk it up as a sunk cost.  Just checked my emails and there's one from Trainline to say they're refunding the ticket because it was never claimed.  Nice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Voting.

Although I felt like a right prefect going in the morning rather than after work today.

The only people I know who vote in the morning and pensioners and party members. I’ve never thought about this before until you’ve said it now.