Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of

The money isn't the issue for Cowell. The chart position isn't either. The puclicity is the real issue. Cowell needs the publicity of the X Factor winners' single getting to Number 1 to prove that it is still a successful and viable franchise in the music world, and is capable of producing long-lasting artists with healthy careers. As soon as it fails to prove that (i.e. an artist fails to hit Number 1 in spite of the huge media campaign) then X Factor begins to go the same way as Big Brother, producing flash-in-the-pan celebs that people can only bring themselves to care about while they're constantly on TV. RATM beating McElderry and that godawful song will show that the music-buying public are turning against the enterprise. If Killing in the Name Of is Number 1 on Sunday, it will be a huge blow to Cowell and could mark the beginning of the end for his show. Who'd have thought that Big Brother would be cancelled while it seemed to produce a conveyor belt of no-mark celebs? The success of the artists the X Factor produces is inevitably linked to the success of the show itself. If you loathe the X Factor, do something about it and download RATM this week.

"Shows like Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor have actually got people more interested in music again, and are sending more people into record stores. We haven't seen this kind of uplift in years."

Yes Cowell, if you're a complete disabled who's too thick to seek out your own taste in music. :rolleyes:

The money isn't the issue for Cowell. The chart position isn't either. The puclicity is the real issue. Cowell needs the publicity of the X Factor winners' single getting to Number 1 to prove that it is still a successful and viable franchise in the music world, and is capable of producing long-lasting artists with healthy careers. As soon as it fails to prove that (i.e. an artist fails to hit Number 1 in spite of the huge media campaign) then X Factor begins to go the same way as Big Brother, producing flash-in-the-pan celebs that people can only bring themselves to care about while they're constantly on TV. RATM beating McElderry and that godawful song will show that the music-buying public are turning against the enterprise. If Killing in the Name Of is Number 1 on Sunday, it will be a huge blow to Cowell and could mark the beginning of the end for his show. Who'd have thought that Big Brother would be cancelled while it seemed to produce a conveyor belt of no-mark celebs? The success of the artists the X Factor produces is inevitably linked to the success of the show itself. If you loathe the X Factor, do something about it and download RATM this week.

I think you're completely over estimating the importance of the X Factor song being number one. X Factor is a MASSIVE success - at one point during the final 19 million people were watching, that's ridiculous, 1 in 3 people. And it'll be the same next year, regardless of the charts.

I loved watching it because I love stupid light entertainment shows. At the same time I have what I would consider good taste in music. I would never buy a fucking Joe McEldery song in the same way I'm not going to go and buy a RATM single just because someone on Facebook told me to (I guess the song lyrics only apply to Cowell though, right?). I'd rather spend my time and money on decent music.

but because it isn't by a band/artist made famous by a pointless reality tv show it's automatically less shite.

That view is what makes this as bad if not worse than the X-Factor Song.

Coming from me, someone who really doesn't like the X-Factor, that is something.

Anaal Nathrakh for Christmas no.1 spppot!

Sony will be loving this.

They own the rights to both songs so either way they win lol

It's not really sticking it to the man is it?

Rampant capitalism wins the day again, hurray!

We didn't make 'Cheeky Christmas' number one and we've all got to pay for it for eternity.

I'm not sure what makes it a 'funny performance', but As Birddog 2017 says, "Just delightfully weird and sexy, with a great sense of fun!"

I couldn't put it better myself, Birddog

I would never have done this were it not for the RATM campaign, but I actually bought Joe McElderry's song today just to add 1 more person to the sales of his song...

I can understand why some people want something other than the X Factor winner as Christmas Number One but RATM with such a crap song? I know some may like it, but I can't stand it and it certainly isn't a Christmas Number One sort of song...

Shoot me down for my views but I'd rather have Joe topping the charts than some crappy same old same old (and as far as I'm concerned, that's what it is as it sounds just like any other rock song) rock shit from some band picked out of the air by someone pissed off with the X Factor...

Rubbish. X Factor winners have failed to make the number one spot in the past and the show has come back bigger and better the next year... Joe may not get the Christmas number 1 spot but he'll still probably sell just as many for this song as other winners in the past... this year is slightly different though as there is some ridiculous song trying to oust him... as has been said, protest consumerism.

I would never have done this were it not for the RATM campaign, but I actually bought Joe McElderry's song today just to add 1 more person to the sales of his song...

I can understand why some people want something other than the X Factor winner as Christmas Number One but RATM with such a crap song? I know some may like it, but I can't stand it and it certainly isn't a Christmas Number One sort of song...

Shoot me down for my views but I'd rather have Joe topping the charts than some crappy same old same old (and as far as I'm concerned, that's what it is as it sounds just like any other rock song) rock shit from some band picked out of the air by someone pissed off with the X Factor...

lol

Funny.

Archived