Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

Having been in a travellers site many years ago, (Golf Course Lane, is it still there?) there are some very nice people there, but should you put a foot out of line, which was very easy to do, you will be in very real danger of physical harm. The thing is, a person has to be really, really, nice in order for the over all experience not to be that you were in fear for your life.

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Having been in a travellers site many years ago, (Golf Course Lane, is it still there?) there are some very nice people there, but should you put a foot out of line, which was very easy to do, you will be in very real danger of physical harm. The thing is, a person has to be really, really, nice in order for the over all experience not to be that you were in fear for your life.

It doesn't work without the photo.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

If you're a lazy bastard and just want to dump the parcel, you tick 'Delivered to receptionist' then write where you've left it.

Slightly less lazy then saying delivered to customer and then letting them hunt for i! 

Do your driver ever put a parcel as delivered and then deliver it in their own time, like the next day? I had something coming from amazon last week, was marked as delivered on the Friday, handed to resident, but I wasn't there. No note to say it had been handed to a neighbour. It suddenly appeared on the Saturday morning on the foyer area of the flags I live in. The plastic around the address had raindrops on, so it clearly been outside that day.

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Do your driver ever put a parcel as delivered and then deliver it in their own time, like the next day? I had something coming from amazon last week, was marked as delivered on the Friday, handed to resident, but I wasn't there. No note to say it had been handed to a neighbour. It suddenly appeared on the Saturday morning on the foyer area of the flags I live in. The plastic around the address had raindrops on, so it clearly been outside that day.

They shouldn't do, because you aren't guaranteed to have the same route every day. And anything undelivered has to be returned to the depot every night.

Having said that, I wouldn't put it past anyone! 

My guess would be they dumped it outside, where you might not have seen it and one of your neighbours was kind enough to bring it in for you.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

They shouldn't do, because you aren't guaranteed to have the same route every day. And anything undelivered has to be returned to the depot every night.

Having said that, I wouldn't put it past anyone! 

My guess would be they dumped it outside, where you might not have seen it and one of your neighbours was kind enough to bring it in for you.

Thats possible, as I enter through the opposite door to where the letter box is. But it wasn't soaked, it was just some raindrops on the plastic, so I would be surprised if it had been outside all night.

I wondered if they might have been local, took it home and they had a day off the next day where they had another go, hoping on a Saturday they'd be more likely to catch somebody in.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Thats possible, as I enter through the opposite door to where the letter box is. But it wasn't soaked, it was just some raindrops on the plastic, so I would be surprised if it had been outside all night.

I wondered if they might have been local, took it home and they had a day off the next day where they had another go, hoping on a Saturday they'd be more likely to catch somebody in.

The app runs on a GPS system, so you can only deliver it off when you're in the exact location it needs to be, so unlikely they've been then returned :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The app runs on a GPS system, so you can only deliver it off when you're in the exact location it needs to be, so unlikely they've been then returned :thumbup:

Couldn't they have marked it as delivered outside the flats on the Friday, kept hold of it and popped back the next day?