Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Filbert Street Rebuilt - In Aid of LOROS

We are not Cardiff City. Our Stadium doesn't look like Lego.

It just looks like all the other bowls that everyone got around 2000. :angry:

It's magnificent, where do you go to see this? Can you just walk into the Weller lounge before a home game? What I'd give to be back there...

I was playing Scattergories with the missus and her family of southerners and the letter was 'L' and the cattergory 'Charities'. Nobody had heard of LOROS which thoroughly confused me. They googled it and the L stands for Leicestershire. I just assumed everyone had heard of LOROS.

I was playing Scattergories with the missus and her family of southerners and the letter was 'L' and the cattergory 'Charities'. Nobody had heard of LOROS which thoroughly confused me. They googled it and the L stands for Leicestershire. I just assumed everyone had heard of LOROS.

Did you know the L was for Leicestershire before?

I don`t know about anyone else but a little bit of my love for Leicester City died when we left that ground. I always feel more for the club when i see pictures of Filbert Street... :cry:

I guess that`s what you call nostalgia...

I don;t think many disagree, the club lost it's soul when we moved. You can't ever get that back. It was the only thing that anyone alive at the time had seen as Leicester's home.

I don;t think many disagree, the club lost it's soul when we moved. You can't ever get that back. It was the only thing that anyone alive at the time had seen as Leicester's home.

:thumbup:

Agreed, I was hoping they still kept the old (but new) west stand, and try and design it alittle different to the current bowls at the time!!

I don`t know about anyone else but a little bit of my love for Leicester City died when we left that ground. I always feel more for the club when i see pictures of Filbert Street... :cry:

I guess that`s what you call nostalgia...

we were never relagated to the old 3rd division in that stadium, nor would we have been, long live the Filbo (original)

I think we'd have reacted a lot better to the move if the Walkers hadn't been so soulless and unimaginative in design.

I personally would have liked to see something closer to a four stand design than a bowl, I like how Ibrox combines both elements and would have loved us to do something similar.

ibrox4.jpg

I think we'd have reacted a lot better to the move if the Walkers hadn't been so soulless and unimaginative in design.

I personally would have liked to see something closer to a four stand design than a bowl, I like how Ibrox combines both elements and would have loved us to do something similar.

ibrox4.jpg

Agreed, this is why I'm really looking forward to the day the east stand is developed.

So, presumably the club won the auction for the model? Any idea how much they donated? Or is it just on display there? Be a nice gesture if they did buy it.

I don't think there was ever any auction. I think Mickythehooos just sold the advertising boards in the ground £25 each.

mickythehoss Posted on 27/09/2011 16:43

The Filbo Model is MOVING: 27/09/2011 16:56

The clubs top brass having seen the model have now said that the model must be moved to another resting place so it is accessable to all, As from the 8th of October it can be viewed by everyone from it's new position which is The New Fans Store.

So it's back to the King Power Stadium a week on Friday to move it, Ar well at least EVERYONE will now see it now.

• 11 months later...

Just seen this on the Bentley's facebook page...

WHAT A DISGRACE

Micky's Filbert Street Model has been moved to the reception, what the hell was wrong with where it was? This is a shambolic way to treat a gift to the fans from Micky, I am appalled

PLEASE HELP US TO RETURN IT TO THE FANSTORE IMMEDIATELY

Archived