Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, fvck it.

I spent all that time typing a careful and considered response to Whymsey, and he couldn't even be arsed to respond to it :(

Your advice is much simpler :thumbup:

My apologies. :blush:

What you've written can't be of more anymore help for anyone in that situation. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So ...    Does anyone know where the expression. 'All my geese in a row'  comes from ? .....   

(Smarty pants).

Well. they look like Canada geese, CF, so...

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

I haven't been to the dentist in years.

I don't get how they work when registering. I want a tooth removing because it's starting to give me jip. I should have had t removed when it originally broke but it didn't hurt so I left it.

Anyway, I need to register right? If I ask to register as an NHS patient they'll probably fob me off but if I say I'll do it privately and pay for it they'll probably sort me out pretty sharpish yeah? 

Edited by Ozwin

6 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

I don't get how they work when registering. I want a tooth removing because it's starting to give me jip. I should have had t removed when it originally broke but it didn't hurt so I left it.

Anyway, I need to register right? If I ask to register as an NHS patient they'll probably fob me off but if I say I'll do it privately and pay for it they'll probably sort me out pretty sharpish yeah? 

You'll have to pay even on the NHS, I got a next day appointment as an NHS punter a few years back after years of not going to the dentist. Appointment & prescription for my tooth abscess cost less than £30 as I recall (could be wrong though)

28 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Do you live locally, Ozwin?

You may have trouble finding a dentist taking on new patients (particularly NHS) - if you do, this place is great, and same day service:

http://www.dchs.nhs.uk/find_services_by_topic/id/48783

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Do you live locally, Ozwin?

You may have trouble finding a dentist taking on new patients (particularly NHS) - if you do, this place is great, and same day service:

http://www.dchs.nhs.uk/find_services_by_topic/id/48783

I've used this place.  I was a bit concerned before going as it all felt a bit 'back street', but I can recommend it. 

I was like Ozwin.  I knew I needed some work but kept putting it off & putting it off until I was in absolute agony.  Luckily enough, it was the same night the Patriots made that ridiculous comeback in the Superbowl.  I would have normally switched off at half time, but I wasn't doing any sleeping that night.

I had a big molar at the back removed.  I've had a few teeth pulled over the years & this was the least painful of the lot.  You need to ring as early as possible to get an appointment.  Around £18 in total.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is better- going with the big three (AA, RAC and Green Flag) for breakdown cover or to stick with the add on breakdown cover that you normally get with any car insurance.  My girlfriend pays £40 and I have compared it with the big three which can cost around £100-120 per year for similar cover.  The only difference I can see is that they have unlimited home call outs ( Our cover is limited to three a year)  and free hire car, hotel and transport etc in the event of a breakdown.  

5 hours ago, The Blur said:

Which is better- going with the big three (AA, RAC and Green Flag) for breakdown cover or to stick with the add on breakdown cover that you normally get with any car insurance.  My girlfriend pays £40 and I have compared it with the big three which can cost around £100-120 per year for similar cover.  The only difference I can see is that they have unlimited home call outs ( Our cover is limited to three a year)  and free hire car, hotel and transport etc in the event of a breakdown.  

www.startrescue.co.uk 

3 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Their website looks very good- do you have any direct experience with them?

I've used them for the last few years. I've had them take me to a garage once and do a fix once. They use local contractors rather than having their own vans. Think they aim for an hour response which they've met with me. I've never used aa/rac so can't compare but I'm happy enough. 

My train from Pulborough to London Victoria failed to turn up for 2 hours - many trains kept coming and going off the board but no train turned up. It became clear we were unable to make our journey, so my dad drove us from Pulborough to Gatwick to continue our journey away from the disruption. I claimed for compensation, and Southern Rail has concluded (somehow) that my delay was 15-29 minutes, and I am entitled to £3 in compensation. They have offered no obvious way of redressing this clear error - anyone have experience with Southern Rail or advice on how to let them know their conclusion is bollocks? 

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

My train from Pulborough to London Victoria failed to turn up for 2 hours - many trains kept coming and going off the board but no train turned up. It became clear we were unable to make our journey, so my dad drove us from Pulborough to Gatwick to continue our journey away from the disruption. I claimed for compensation, and Southern Rail has concluded (somehow) that my delay was 15-29 minutes, and I am entitled to £3 in compensation. They have offered no obvious way of redressing this clear error - anyone have experience with Southern Rail or advice on how to let them know their conclusion is bollocks? 

Each train company will have a different way of calculating compensation. The ticket type you travelled on also affects the amount... eg.. a season ticket holder will get more compo compared to someone with an advance ticket or a ticket bought on the day,.You're going to have to read the T&C's unfortunately.

Also the reason for delay may affect compo as some will be down to the train company (train breaks down, staff shortage) or Network Rail (signal failures, track problems)... 

Edited by separator

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:21, Webbo said:

I was thinking the other day that I never hear the word "gawky" or "dawdle" anymore. Doesn't anyone still say that? What other words don't we hear anymore.

Wireless.