Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Why do people think it's more disgusting to drink milk from a woman's breasts than from a cow's udders?

Never understood this.

People used to give Ms Foxy abuse when she fed Foxy Jr. They soon regretted doing so but still why say anything in the first place?

There's nothing wrong with breast feeding if fact I'd encourage it, but it was to be done in an appropriate place.

I was once in a motorway service station when a woman sat opposite me and got one out to feed her baby. I had to twist my neck the other way so that I didn't look like I was perving. I didn't find it disgusting, just embarrassing.

There's nothing wrong with breast feeding if fact I'd encourage it, but it was to be done in an appropriate place.

I was once in a motorway service station when a woman sat opposite me and got one out to feed her baby. I had to twist my neck the other way so that I didn't look like I was perving. I didn't find it disgusting, just embarrassing.

The issue with this is that in most establishment there is nowehere to breastfeed beside the toilets, which is completely unfeasable.

It's because breasts are sexualised that breadfeeding in public becomes an issue.

I remember reading an article by a mother who was disgusted when she looked down to see this baby where her husband should be. Something seriously wrong with her.

What ever happened to indirect free kicks? Did they die out with the dinosaurs? Just playing an old version of championship manager and they award them all the time.

They still exist, If the ref has his left arm up in the air when the kick is taken and lowers it when another player touches the ball then it was an indirect free-kick.

Why do all young english men have an obsession with buttoning up there top button on a casual shirt?

It's called being indie. Problem is, if everyone becomes indie, then the people who dont become indie are actually the indie ones.

It's called being indie. Problem is, if everyone becomes indie, then the people who dont become indie are actually the indie ones.

I like to have a bit of my rug hanging out the top of my shirt ala

Tom+Selleck.jpg

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

sorry if this has been brought up already,but why do we say a pair of pants/trousers when it is only one article of clothing and if it is because of the legs,why do we not say a pair of shirts,because of the two arms?

i think it said on QI that each leg covering is classed as a trouser and were once seperate like hose leggings , so it's called a pair of trousers

good old QI !!

anyway

when does a spelling mistake become just using the wrong word

eg;

if i said, " i felt a little horse yesterday " , is this a spelling mistake ,incorrect word usage , or a

much deeper problem ?

Edited by Zingari

i think it said on QI that each leg covering is classed as a trouser and were once seperate like hose leggings , so it's called a pair of trousers

good old QI !!

anyway

when does a spelling mistake become just using the wrong word

eg;

if i said, " i felt a little horse yesterday " , is this a spelling mistake ,incorrect word usage , or a

much deeper problem ?

it's beastiality & quite possibly rape due to the horse being underage.

In all seriousness, that would be incorrect word usage like mixing up their/there/they're.

If i was in a lift.... and it was about to go down... what would happen if i jumped up at the EXACT moment the lift was due to start going down?

Would i fall further than the other people? would i be off the floor and suspended in air for just a half second longer? would my feet hurt as i would have further to go to hit the ground?,

Inquiring minds want to know!

Corey-Haim.jpg

why is one piece of bread called a slice , until its toasted and becomes a round.?

Really? I always thought of it as follows:

One piece of bread is called a slice of bread. One piece of toast is called a slice of toast. Multiple slices of toast are called a round, much like multiple pints in the pub are a round.