Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

Bow has been made the last song before the encore and s.p.s has been made to be the penultimate track of the whole set before l.s.f.... which has the new fat boy slim praise you intro (maybe just for Leicester... "we've come a long long way together, through the hard times and the good, I have to celebrate you baby, I have to praise you like I should")

The words are just perfect.

Fat boy slim intro to lsf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdG8y0PDXg4

Awesome thanks for this, you have a set list anywhere? Want to see if Doomsday and Treat are played

Awesome thanks for this, you have a set list anywhere? Want to see if Doomsday and Treat are played

I must add what I put was just a guess going off the feel and lyrics of the songs... seemed to fit!

I hope treat is, love that.

I must add what I put was just a guess going off the feel and lyrics of the songs... seemed to fit!

I hope treat is, love that.

Oh right, ha. Agree with what you said anyway.

They played Treat a couple of weeks ago in Paris so there's a good chance 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujKaXySDU4

Has Eez-eh grown on you yet? Seem to remember you weren't the biggest fan!

Edited by Fosse93

Glass has grown on me, would be very good if it wasn't for the random speaking at the end of it.

It's not something you'd expect them to do but that's another reason I love them, they're pretty random and spontaneous.

Treat is the low point on 48:13 for me. Even allowing for the reference to God's own City I just don't get it. Perhaps because it's sitting amongst some of the best Kasabian songs ever it just sounds dull.

We will rise above the Clouuuuuudsssssssssssss !! Brilliant.

Treat is the low point on 48:13 for me. Even allowing for the reference to God's own City I just don't get it. Perhaps because it's sitting amongst some of the best Kasabian songs ever it just sounds dull.

We will rise above the Clouuuuuudsssssssssssss !! Brilliant.

Shows how even people who like the album can disagree, I love treats and think clouds is a low point lol

Serge just said on the radio that the supports are being announced in the next few days and they haven't been able to announce them yet because they're festival exclusives somewhere. Looks like it's The Courteeners then.

Just read this on another forum. Atleast it means there should be a fairly good support act thrown in!

Just read this on another forum. Atleast it means there should be a fairly good support act thrown in!

I think he said they had to find bands who were touring, but weren't festival exclusives (as the Kasabian one is classed as a festival)... basically it'll be a load of shit and everyone got excited for nothing.  lol

The new album's fairly decent. I like the use of beats, loops and the likes. On the outside, a thoroughly entertaining piece of music, although it lacks quality as you approach the second half of the tracklist.

The biggest laugh I had when I listened to the lyrics. I mean, Kasabian aren't known for creating philosophical masterpieces in each 3- to 4-minute track, but the level of simplicity has reached a new low here.

Examples?

• Where are the souls of your monkey boots
  • Got me chopping at my skin
  • We separated deep in Leicester
  • We are going nowhere fast, are we made of glass
  • Jumped into a swimmingpool, saw my ghost
  • Take a walk outside, the rain is neverending
  • Everyday’s brutal, now we’re being watched by Google
  • I know there’s time for one more song, let’s play scissor, paper, stone

Maybe a new writer would help them reach the level they had when they first started out.

The new album's fairly decent. I like the use of beats, loops and the likes. On the outside, a thoroughly entertaining piece of music, although it lacks quality as you approach the second half of the tracklist.

The biggest laugh I had when I listened to the lyrics. I mean, Kasabian aren't known for creating philosophical masterpieces in each 3- to 4-minute track, but the level of simplicity has reached a new low here.

Examples?

• Where are the souls of your monkey boots
  • Got me chopping at my skin
  • We separated deep in Leicester
  • We are going nowhere fast, are we made of glass
  • Jumped into a swimmingpool, saw my ghost
  • Take a walk outside, the rain is neverending
  • Everyday’s brutal, now we’re being watched by Google
  • I know there’s time for one more song, let’s play scissor, paper, stone

Maybe a new writer would help them reach the level they had when they first started out.

You're right, they've come a long way from

"John was a scientist he was hooked on LSD, interested in mind control and how the monkey held the key"

"Burn my sweet effigy, I'll be your roadrunner"

I don't think they've ever been very good lyrically,

You're right, they've come a long way from

"John was a scientist he was hooked on LSD, interested in mind control and how the monkey held the key"

"Burn my sweet effigy, I'll be your roadrunner"

I don't think they've ever been very good lyrically,

I always think people overhype the importance and meaning of lyrics, but Kasabian, as much as I love them, are certainly not poets.