Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Best Night Club That Used To Be In Leicester?

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you strut your stuff?

• Mr Kiesas
    • Krystals
    • Le Chateau
    • Zoots
    • Brannigans
    • Sector 5
    • Bear Cage
    • Palais
    • Baileys
    • Tiplers
    • Trevinos
    • Simpkins
    • Aviary
    • Caspers
    • Harveys
    • Fusion
    • Bentleys
    • Legends
    • Spooks
    • Other

On 23/03/2011 at 09:29, hairy said:

I used to go to Street Life when they had 'straight night' once a month on a Thursday and Stinky Sinki. Starlight 2001 was good for a bit of mellow house.

Yeh that was a great night. We also went when it was gays only best dance music in Leicester at the time.

• 4 months later...
On 22/03/2011 at 20:31, AoWW said:

:nono: It's come to me.... Luxor! :D

It has to be said, nightclubs in the 90’s were mixed in their quality and entertainment, but bluming plentiful. Every corner felt like there was a club to go in.

I’m sounding like my dad here, but it was dam good back in the day. The 90’s had everything. Dance, R+B, Grunge, Brit Pop, Rave, Metal, Rock.....all in the charts as well....

Early 90’s you’d got out with a £tenner, buy a pack of fags and 3 pints.......still left with change.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 09/04/2019 at 19:08, Paninistickers said:

Simpkins always a safe bet and winner. Did anyone else used to wonder what the hell.would happen if there was a fire? Certain death.

@Albert :whistle:

Some great memories in this thread.

Most of my DJing in town was at Undecided Cafe Bar and Branigans (and whatever they subsequently rebranded it as) on Churchgate (1997-2005). Simon Grayson was a part owner.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The young 'uns won't believe that we couldn't get in clubs without shirt/tie/suit etc back in the day

Is that not still the case these days mate?

Surely you can only get in wearing a shirt, nice pair of slacks and shoes? 

• Haha 2

People used to go to the Superbowl and swap their trainers for bowling shoes for the night if they'd been refused entry at Krystals due to the trainers. Krystals and the Superbowl were owned by the same firm in the 90s when I worked there. Can't remember if the Superbowl charged for this service.

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Women generally make a much better effort on a night out than blokes.

I think Leicester's men has upped it's game again for getting dressed up.

I find most the 25-35 british Asian lads set the standard for a bit of elegance and the standards of all in the 'tinder date paradises'  cocktail gaffs in town see a decent sartorial elegance. 

Back to normal though when I end up in divorcee central of Queen of bradgate or cafe Bruxelles. Chunky trainers, jeans and shirts (complete with spilt beer stains) from NEXT plus superdry faux winter coats the clothes of choice there! 

• 1 month later...
On 26/12/2019 at 02:06, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Women generally make a much better effort on a night out than blokes.

In the 50s-80s, A Girl Wanted to get Dressed up,plus 99% of girls/Women  knew their Stuff on material Quality of cut und sow,well before Asian and southern European Dress got to us....Whether Clothes or shoes it was ' mind the the quality,Test and qualify the width'  Young men knew what they were looking at,when choosing clothes...Leic's,Notts,Leeds, Youth especially girls knew their stuff,before they strutted it..!! They could Chose their wardrobe blind,no shop would of dared to sell Todays rubbish...The introduction of the First boutiques and death of Corahs,Bentleys,Stibbe,Wolsey,and British united...das the first Steps of change.

Leicester before was known has a Womans town...They usually had more in their purse,then The apprentices,even The middleclass youngman Shop assistants.

The heavy introduction of sweat shops.The disintigration of Womens hosiery and clothing favorites saw the end of the wisdom of youths,Lads n lassies on shoes and clothing.  Light & heavy  Engineering,Feeding their own or other Clothing favorites Died in the midlands & their Northern cousins...and had nothing to do with

Union strife....but simple Cheaper Asian competition,lacking same quality,but New Top shops around Europe & USA got more to help their profits...

By using lower quality Portugese,Asian,and S.European New imports....where their Quality slowly improved,But Not before Europeans and the various New rich of the world,put up with generations of sweat-shops. Worse of all the Rich "mode & model" Business Strived on it...even abusing it...!!!

Before,Between and after the wars,and the swinging 60s,Leicesters small Shopping Center and diverse covered market, brought all businessmen,shoppers,

From around the world,and the First Asian Migranten knew Why und where they could start off their New lives,quite a few bringing in  hosiery knowledge,some even Good basic engineering skills...

A Good Night out for a Leicester girl,was to Dress up to the nines,Not get laced Thurdays-Sunday (Thursday..pay day)...Freewheeler,or various Ladies nights..

Palais,and Fusion had some many Beautiful girls go through their doors...Annabelles always worth a visit.  Also seven hills, Later came Grannies.

That said, Adam & even on Mondays, Rock n  headbangers  night,Time to Dress down but still look stunning...

My Social live,was Split between,Rugby/Athletic clubs nights,On the Town nights,and some shire,bikers Rock & heavymetal nights..So my wardrobe was also diverse...Plus before I Really started my travels,I became a Town & shire-pub,qualified Cellarman,

so I got payed for my Nights out,&  Meeting n  mixing with the  opposite sex...und The occasional free pints...

Edited by fuchsntf

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

In the 50s-80s, A Girl Wanted to get Dressed up,plus 99% of girls/Women  knew their Stuff on material Quality of cut und sow,well before Asian and southern European Dress got to us....Whether Clothes or shoes it was ' mind the the quality,Test and qualify the width'  Young men knew what they were looking at,when choosing clothes...Leic's,Notts,Leeds, Youth especially girls knew their stuff,before they strutted it..!! They could Chose their wardrobe blind,no shop would of dared to sell Todays rubbish...The introduction of the First boutiques and death of Corahs,Bentleys,Stibbe,Wolsey,and British united...das the first Steps of change.

Leicester before was known has a Womans town...They usually had more in their purse,then The apprentices,even The middleclass youngman Shop assistants.

The heavy introduction of sweat shops.The disintigration of Womens hosiery and clothing favorites saw the end of the wisdom of youths,Lads n lassies on shoes and clothing.  Light & heavy  Engineering,Feeding their own or other Clothing favorites Died in the midlands & their Northern cousins...and had nothing to do with

Union strife....but simple Cheaper Asian competition,lacking same quality,but New Top shops around Europe & USA got more to help their profits...

By using lower quality Portugese,Asian,and S.European New imports....where their Quality slowly improved,But Not before Europeans and the various New rich of the world,put up with generations of sweat-shops. Worse of all the Rich "mode & model" Business Strived on it...even abusing it...!!!

Before,Between and after the wars,and the swinging 60s,Leicesters small Shopping Center and diverse covered market, brought all businessmen,shoppers,

From around the world,and the First Asian Migranten knew Why und where they could start off their New lives,quite a few bringing in  hosiery knowledge,some even Good basic engineering skills...

A Good Night out for a Leicester girl,was to Dress up to the nines,Not get laced Thurdays-Sunday (Thursday..pay day)...Freewheeler,or various Ladies nights..

Palais,and Fusion had some many Beautiful girls go through their doors...Annabelles always worth a visit.  Also seven hills, Later came Grannies.

That said, Adam & even on Mondays, Rock n  headbangers  night,Time to Dress down but still look stunning...

My Social live,was Split between,Rugby/Athletic clubs nights,On the Town nights,and some shire,bikers Rock & heavymetal nights..So my wardrobe was also diverse...Plus before I Really started my travels,I became a Town & shire-pub,qualified Cellarman,

so I got payed for my Nights out,&  Meeting n  mixing with the  opposite sex...und The occasional free pints...

unnamed.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...