Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Best Night Club That Used To Be In Leicester?

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you strut your stuff?

• Mr Kiesas
    • Krystals
    • Le Chateau
    • Zoots
    • Brannigans
    • Sector 5
    • Bear Cage
    • Palais
    • Baileys
    • Tiplers
    • Trevinos
    • Simpkins
    • Aviary
    • Caspers
    • Harveys
    • Fusion
    • Bentleys
    • Legends
    • Spooks
    • Other

Republic was the one for me from ages 18-21. Circa 2012

Liquid was dirt cheap but had an edge. Some lad got his nose bitten off in there if I recall. The DJ there was an oddball too.

”somebody from Leicester give me a scream!” We’re all from Leicester pal.

remember Sosho? Used to be called Life I think.

Did Leicester pretty hard from about 09-14.

Tuesday nights at Mosh were the ones. Sad to see it’s sold it’s soul now.

Life was well fun at like 18 and 19 years of age. Superfly was good too, think it was Thursdays where it was at it’s best. Market Street had a vibe, sad to

see it now. 

Once attempted a top shelf in Liquid of all places. Don’t think it will ever really work as it’s had so many guises over the years.

Was never a fan of the R.bar/manilla/Republic crowd. Republic was charging £7 for a night of Calvin Harris and Rhianna remixes, not for me. 

It’s pretty toss for clubs now Leicester but still fond now and again for a night in Fanclub or Basement.

Mosh Tuesdays were Susan Perb circa 09-11.

Never minded Life (pounded Sundays were very decent about a decade back) but always thought it was for the All Saints rosary beads pretty boy crowd whereas Liquid was more for the everyman, the salt of the earths, it stank of shit but I loved it. By the time Life was Sosho it was on its arse mind, and Zanzibar / Republic has always been ****ing appalling whatever guise it was under.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did Leicester pretty hard from about 09-14.

Tuesday nights at Mosh were the ones. Sad to see it’s sold it’s soul now.

Life was well fun at like 18 and 19 years of age. Superfly was good too, think it was Thursdays where it was at it’s best. Market Street had a vibe, sad to

see it now. 

Once attempted a top shelf in Liquid of all places. Don’t think it will ever really work as it’s had so many guises over the years.

Was never a fan of the R.bar/manilla/Republic crowd. Republic was charging £7 for a night of Calvin Harris and Rhianna remixes, not for me. 

It’s pretty toss for clubs now Leicester but still fond now and again for a night in Fanclub or Basement.

Mate I haven't read any more of your post but mosh Tuesdays were ****ing great!!

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Where's the option for Liquid? Had some of the most emotional nights of my fledgling youth in that gaff (sponsored by Lyle and Scott)

The only thing I remember about liquid is the fact there was always a granny (the SAME granny) in the main room getting fully on fingered by young lads near the main bar, with her husband watching. Every... Single... Time...I went. Not gonna lie, being a bit of an "inbetweener" I was a bit tempted. This must be a similar era to you, as I'm a 1992 baby.

7 minutes ago, Kopic said:

The only thing I remember about liquid is the fact there was always a granny (the SAME granny) in the main room getting fully on fingered by young lads near the main bar, with her husband watching. Every... Single... Time...I went. Not gonna lie, being a bit of an "inbetweener" I was a bit tempted. This must be a similar era to you, as I'm a 1992 baby.

I WAS THAT GRANNY

• 4 months later...

I used to be a Mosh-head about 10 years ago but grew to prefer Fan Club to it in more recent times.

Nowt pretentious about it. Just find a room with tunes you like and then enjoy yourself... and maybe get off with someone who's too old for you if you're lucky/unlucky. :ermm:

Seen a few mention Luxor - remember when it was Original One? Had issues with stabbings etc. 

I spoke to a lad I went Uni with about Leicester (talking ten years ago had this convo), he was telling how one time he went Original One with his mates out of their face on LSD.

Their journey back home in one of their cars consisted of him insisting that they could only turn left 😂