Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Best Night Club That Used To Be In Leicester?

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you strut your stuff?

• Mr Kiesas
    • Krystals
    • Le Chateau
    • Zoots
    • Brannigans
    • Sector 5
    • Bear Cage
    • Palais
    • Baileys
    • Tiplers
    • Trevinos
    • Simpkins
    • Aviary
    • Caspers
    • Harveys
    • Fusion
    • Bentleys
    • Legends
    • Spooks
    • Other

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

I mean Mosh can be a decent night to be fair, it's just by 21 I felt too old to be there lol

I think you're a year or two older than me, I'm 21 now and it's losing it's appeal - I will defend Leicester to the needs of the earth but the nightlife and pub scene let it down compared to comparable cities

28 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'd rather be a prisoner in The Democratic People's Republic of Korea than go to Republic, awful place. I used to absolutely love Mosh but I'm not sure if it's just me growing up a bit or if it's getting worse as well.

They totally have mixed up the genre of music on the floor's now. Sold it soul a bit.

Tuesday's 09-13 were for me when Mosh was at it's peak.

Edited by baker11
  • Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

I think you're a year or two older than me, I'm 21 now and it's losing it's appeal - I will defend Leicester to the needs of the earth but the nightlife and pub scene let it down compared to comparable cities

A year older in that case mate, it has enough decent pubs or bars to make it worth going but it's certainly inconsistent. From my own experience there's similar-sized cities that show it up but much, much worse places as well (see: Coventry)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baker11 said:

They totally have mixed up the genre of music on the floor's now. Sold it soul a bit.

Tuesday's 09-13 where for me when Mosh was at it's peak.

Yeah hasn't helped, it was best when the bottom floor was full of grebs, you knew what you were getting. I think it's bassline now lol 

Just now, Stadt said:

Yeah hasn't helped, it was best when the bottom floor was full of grebs, you knew what you were getting. I think it's bassline now lol 

I went about  a month ago, walked down... and just went straight back up again lol they've killed that floor

Yeah Mosh, especially on a Tuesday, when you're 18, hammered and need something to do - great option. Was always the easiest to place to pull a decent girl too just by virtue of not being a complete social werido. If you're not a social weirdo and go beyond the age of 19 then you've problems. 

Sector 5 and Fan Club for me in the 90's. Felt like a proper scene at the time if you were in to alternative music.. 

Also The Complex for a few years at the top of High Street,  just cans if I remember correctly. Leicester Uni had a killer Saturday night which got absolutely rammed. 

Edited by Soup
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Soup said:

Sector 5 and Fan Club for me in the 90's. Felt like a proper scene at the time if you were in to alternative music.. 

Also The Complex for a few years at the top of High Street,  just cans if I remember correctly. Leicester Uni had a killer Saturday night which got absolutely rammed. 

You must have been around the same time as me then. Did we ever fight ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

Was called Brighton Beach when I went about 10-12 years ago. Much better than whatever night they had/have on at the Academy now.

1 minute ago, baker11 said:

Yeah was great. Once went to it at Sheffield City Hall which is a cracking venue.

Do Leicester Uni even put on nights now?

No idea to be honest, I guess the o2 is now used most weekends so doubtful.

There used to go to Brighton Beach then on to Mosh and then somewhere else after I have no idea what it was called but was open till about 6am and was a horrible little place but was about the only place you could go after Mosh

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

No idea to be honest, I guess the o2 is now used most weekends so doubtful.

There used to go to Brighton Beach then on to Mosh and then somewhere else after I have no idea what it was called but was open till about 6am and was a horrible little place but was about the only place you could go after Mosh

Sophbeck?

1 hour ago, Soup said:

Those were the days.  1995-1999.  Fan club regular.

Mosh was great when I used to go out in Leicester, from around 2006-10. Tuesday nights were always pretty good after a sesh in Nine Bar, Pi or on Brauny gate. 

Zanzibar and Liquid not so much. Grimy and full of knuckle draggers. After the smoking ban came in, they just stunk of piss and puke.

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sophbeck?

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

That's the one!! only went a couple of times! was an odd place!

I used to like it in there, a friend of mine who's a SICK scratch DJ used to run a night once a week - good times.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Was called Brighton Beach when I went about 10-12 years ago. Much better than whatever night they had/have on at the Academy now.

Yes remember those. Don't think they gave the night a name when I went. So long ago

sophbeck was banging when i used to do nights out in leics circa about 2012. next time i’m awake til 6 bells and in the city and someone tells me it’s not there i’ll be well sad. 

50 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

sophbeck was banging when i used to do nights out in leics circa about 2012. next time i’m awake til 6 bells and in the city and someone tells me it’s not there i’ll be well sad. 

Bouncer got shot at, which soon turned into the end of it.

55 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

If you can get in go to Basement, it’s the next street along from Sophbeck but it’s ok in there. 

Always struggle to get in and they won’t let any group of lads in. 

Early 1990s

Dance Society was achingly cool for a year. Next to.megabowl. it was a club so cool it didn't belong in Leicester.

Bear Cage was surreal. Three tiny floors on night street. Rave/techno, indie and A N Other music separated each floor

There was a gaff near Starlite 2001...I'd be delighted if someone can recall.its name. All the cool dudes went there after dance society closed.

Luxor. Opposite banntynes gym. You had to be handy and well connected to get on in there.

Simpkins always a safe bet and winner. Did anyone else used to wonder what the hell.would happen if there was a fire? Certain death.

Happy days. Funnily enough, I never considered myself a 'clubber' but when you list it down, I was quite on the scene lol

Edit - not starlite!!!! I meant street life!!!

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Early 1990s

Dance Society was achingly cool for a year. Next to.megabowl. it was a club so cool it didn't belong in Leicester.

Bear Cage was surreal. Three tiny floors on night street. Rave/techno, indie and A N Other music separated each floor

There was a gaff near Starlite 2001...I'd be delighted if someone can recall.its name. All the cool dudes went there after dance society closed.

Luxor. Opposite banntynes gym. You had to be handy and well connected to get on in there.

Simpkins always a safe bet and winner. Did anyone else used to wonder what the hell.would happen if there was a fire? Certain death.

Happy days. Funnily enough, I never considered myself a 'clubber' but when you list it down, I was quite on the scene lol

Edit - not starlite!!!! I meant street life!!!

Must have walked a million miles doing the circuit round the dance floor on the pull. Managed it once every 5 years. Anyone remember rod Stewart(will?) and twinnie always in suits?