Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ambitious

Real Madrid VS Barcelona

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the score will be?

Knowing that if you harry and kick them for ninety minutes you might be able to close them out and knick a set piece isn't "genius," it's obvious.

If Mourinho does it it's some inspired master plan but if Megson does it it's anti-football?

You haven't got a point because Mourinho has won 2 Champion leagues, he can't harry and kick for ninety minutes then nick a set piece in every match. The man is a genius, second best manager in the world.

You haven't got a point because Mourinho has won 2 Champion leagues, he can't harry and kick for ninety minutes then nick a set piece in every match. The man is a genius, second best manager in the world.

I'm not disputing Mourinho's quality at all.

I'm saying that playing anti-football against Barcelona isn't some ingenius masterplan, it's a kop out.

It's been mentioned but he has one of the best squads in the world at his disposal. Fair enough trying this at Camp Nou but at home it's just pathetic, got what he deserved.

Yes. He beat Barcelona 3-1 in the first leg last season, which ultimately proved decisive, so it can be done.

It's been mentioned but he has one of the best squads in the world at his disposal. Fair enough trying this at Camp Nou but at home it's just pathetic, got what he deserved.

Indeed.

Good managers are capable of bad decisions and this was a faux pas, in my opinion. I mean Mascherano in central defence? Keita in the starting line up? Definite opportunity thrown away for Real.

Play acting from both sides was pathetic - Barca were more guilty than Real granted, but both were at it. Busquets is definitely an embarrassment.

Glad Barcelona won the game, for a team as good as Real's to only have 29% possession AT HOME is nothing short of disgraceful. They attempted to play no football at all, everything was a sand-wedge over the top hoping Ronaldo and then Adebayor would win it. Embarrassing and Mourinho dropped a bollock there for me. Keita playing, Masch at CB and a rusty Puyol at LB should've seen Real give it a proper go. They've now got to come out and play at Camp Nou, and based on tonight, that could spell complete disaster for them, really.

The red card, pretty harsh considering he clipped the ball, but from the referees angle, the speed it happened at and seeing how high Pepe's foot was, it was never going to be anything other than a red. Pepe should have reigned himself in, Alves was going nowhere.

LOVED seeing Marcelo being led away at the end under restraint. Horrible little oik.

Messi's second was unbelievable. Ball was just glued to him and there was no way he'd be stopped. Insane effort. Afellay looked tremendous when he came on, much more direct than Pedro and much more effective.

Forgettable or average games for 21 players on the pitch but Messi was an absolute genius. That second goal was nothing short of a masterpiece.

Over 70% possession against the most expensively assembled team in the world on their own patch and in second gear for the majority of the game shows how good Barcelona really are. Mourinho's negative anti-football got the result it so richly deserved and it's not difficult to see why there's an eight point gap in La Liga, surprised it's not more to be honest. Ronaldo never in the game, even his deadly free-kicks were deserting him. Best player in the world quite frankly isn't a contest if Ronaldo is the competition.

Have to be honest and say Man United's best hope of winning the trophy at Wembley is to match Barca's style and keep it tight at the back, do what Arsenal did at the Emirates and beating them can be achieved but it's a long shot, very much so. It's very easy to see how they could turn up with that mindset and Barcelona come along and simply humiliate them in front of millions. They're more than capable of it and if Messi is on top form in the final, it could be a pasting.

Second leg is now a bit of a nothing game which is a shame, would have been more entertaining to see the tie finely poised going into the Camp Nou but that's clearly not the case. I personally fancy Barcelona to stick another couple past Real in front of their home support and go through leaving Manchester United very, very worried.

Bracelona are cunts on the whole, but in Xavi and Messi have a couple of complete geniuses in their side.

Disappointed with the play-acting from both sides, I'd love to see our media criticise teams for it rather than gloss over the fact Barcelona are one of the worst teams in Europe for the whole 'card-waving' antics. They're a brilliant side, yet they do seem to have this petty attitude, a lot of gamesmanship on their part.

I'd like United to win the final anyway (Assuming they beat Schalke at home), regardless of who wins this semi.

So far 3 out of 3 Classico games have been dull, boring and annoying. I'd blame it on Mourinho's tactics but both teams looking for fouls and cards all the time is what kills the game more than anything.

Indeed.

Good managers are capable of bad decisions and this was a faux pas, in my opinion. I mean Mascherano in central defence? Keita in the starting line up? Definite opportunity thrown away for Real.

I thought this at the start. In my mind Guardiola pegged that he wouldn't need the strongest centre back in the air anyway, and due to the amount of possession they're almost guaranteed these days he could risk playing him out of position. Mourinho didn't seem to react to this selection once the game was under way and still decided to combat Barca rather than take it to them. For such an innovative and tactically sound manager I was surprised he didn't change tact.

Messi is the best player ever I reckon. His second goal was class. Other than that, it's a shame that there was so much diving going on. No need for that. I'm sure that Sergio Busquets is a brilliant footballer, but when he does things like today and like the incident against Inter last year, you can't help but hope that Scholes will do him in, in the final :D (providing it's gonna be Man U - Barca of course)

I hope Busquets has to pick Paul Scholes' studs out of his eye socket in the final, to be honest.

Then I hope Sir Alex slaps him round the face with his old boy.

lol

Busquets is one of the most unpopular players in Europe. I, too, hope someone takes him out completely.

Ibrahim Afellay is probably the only clean honest player in that Barca side, but give him 18 months and he'll learn the La Masia tricks as well.

Real Madrid were bad too with their antics.

lol

Busquets is one of the most unpopular players in Europe. I, too, hope someone takes him out completely.

Ibrahim Afellay is probably the only clean honest player in that Barca side, but give him 18 months and he'll learn the La Masia tricks as well.

Real Madrid were bad too with their antics.

I've said it before, but DeSean Jackson is a hero, love your sig, haha.

I'd love United to batter either side, and I'm normally not that keen on them, to be honest.

Archived