Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I think a little research would show that QPR were flat track bullies-they didn't do well against the other top sides last year, which doesn't bode well for a step up in quality.

One of the most encouraging things about our squad is that we beat the top teams and ended numerous unbeaten runs, some by sheer quality (Derby and Burnley) and some by grinding it out (QPR, the draw at Forest with 10 men...). I don't fear the Premier League, and trust Nige that a) we won't be daunted by our tough start, and b) we won't worry if we're bottom after 5.

I felt that we were a level above last season and the derby and burnley games highlighted that. Especially burnley, which felt like a cup final on the say, and many were expecting a tough game yet we came out and played them off the park. Injuries or no injuries, burnley had no answer to us that day.

The excellent Racing Post Big Kick Off tipped us to finish 15th, and also tipped us to win the Championship in last year's edition.

I'd certainly take that.

Really?  I don't think any of us even predicted that - colour me impressed!

There will not be a worse hair style than that of Remy Cabella (aka “the new Yohan Cabaye and saviour of the Mags”) on display in the Premier League this season and Leicester City deserve to be relegated immediately for having some clown banging a drum all game. - See more at: http://salutsunderland.com/2014/08/leicesters-mad-drummer-cabellas-hair-and-new-fangled-nicknames-test-sixers-nerves/?#sthash.iW0zxJvn.dpuf

And now Leicester City pitch up with a smirking clown banging a drum. With the demise of Bolton, Wigan and Portsmouth I thought we had got rid of the skin bashers but it appears that Leicester do not want to be taken seriously as a club, so they have one. By the looks of it, he has his own little alcove where he can inspire the crowd to the heights of apathy with his senseless banging. Crowds make a noise because of what they see and feel, not because some half wit bangs a drum or waves some clappers. - See more at: http://salutsunderland.com/2014/08/leicesters-mad-drummer-cabellas-hair-and-new-fangled-nicknames-test-sixers-nerves/?#sthash.iW0zxJvn.dpuf

There will not be a worse hair style than that of Remy Cabella (aka “the new Yohan Cabaye and saviour of the Mags”) on display in the Premier League this season and Leicester City deserve to be relegated immediately for having some clown banging a drum all game. - See more at: http://salutsunderland.com/2014/08/leicesters-mad-drummer-cabellas-hair-and-new-fangled-nicknames-test-sixers-nerves/?#sthash.iW0zxJvn.dpuf

And now Leicester City pitch up with a smirking clown banging a drum. With the demise of Bolton, Wigan and Portsmouth I thought we had got rid of the skin bashers but it appears that Leicester do not want to be taken seriously as a club, so they have one. By the looks of it, he has his own little alcove where he can inspire the crowd to the heights of apathy with his senseless banging. Crowds make a noise because of what they see and feel, not because some half wit bangs a drum or waves some clappers. - See more at: http://salutsunderland.com/2014/08/leicesters-mad-drummer-cabellas-hair-and-new-fangled-nicknames-test-sixers-nerves/?#sthash.iW0zxJvn.dpuf

Can't fault that just like the England band fvcking hate it.

No one should need a band or a drummer to get them to sing they should be doing it out of pride and love for the club.

I agree with that to be honest, absolutely hate the drum.

But we've spoke about it so much in other threads and nothing has been done. Unfortunately I think it's here's to stay.

…is anyone actually in favour of the drum?

If it were a full marching band style set up with snares and cymbals I wouldn't so much mind

Just hearing *DUM* *DUM* *DUMDUMDUMDUM* every now and then (and quite often out of time) is a bit embarrassing. 

…is anyone actually in favour of the drum?

If it were a full marching band style set up with snares and cymbals I wouldn't so much mind

Just hearing *DUM* *DUM* *DUMDUMDUMDUM* every now and then (and quite often out of time) is a bit embarrassing. 

If the drummer wasn't on an ego trip he'd try to phase it out for the good of a natural atmosphere. But that would mean not being on TV, phone ins, East Midlands news etc.