Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I've got no problem with Norwich fans being a little bullish.

He kind of has a point about ours and Palaces style of play. But he is completely wide of the mark when he says it is unexciting lol

Its not just kick and rush. It takes tremendous skill and practice to be so effective on the counter attack. More skill than the Norwich team collectively have right now.

Whats more, we are capable of outplaying them with possession football. Interesting to see how Ranieri sets up today.

I hate when newly promoted teams shit on other teams like that. It happened on this forum last year and we ended up at the bottom of the league for pretty much the entire season.

Also I hate it when people say that without probably watching more than MOTD highlights.

I hate when newly promoted teams shit on other teams like that. It happened on this forum last year and we ended up at the bottom of the league for pretty much the entire season.

Also I hate it when people say that without probably watching more than MOTD highlights.

There's nothing wrong with it.

You are riding high from promotion, ready to take on all comers. Norwich have looked quite competent so far so of course they are optimistic.

We had been promoted with over 100 points, why shouldn't we have been confident in our team, especially after our good start.

The issue is when you get shithouses like Sunderland spouting that shit lol

Just read this from a Norwich fan.

It should also be noted that Leicester, Palace and West Ham are all uncomplicated, expensive counter attacking teams. There's nothing special about any of them, they just use what they've got and look naff in every game they play. Surrendering possession and avoiding playing football in favour of results.

Cool good for them, but we're better.

Out much deeper and more sophisticated approach however should be applauded. When we beat Leicester tomorrow we'll be amongst the best of the rest without resorting to being a deep lying pacy counter attacking team with no other way to play.

No other lower half team would appreciate Howson or accommodate Hoolahan in their team which says a lot about their incredibly basic set ups. It's so important that we have an exceptional manager like AN because we can't compete financially. If it was up to me I'd say screw the player/stadium budget and pay AN more than he could get anywhere else because his intelligence and tactical nous is absolutely pivotal to our survival

Yes that's right, Norwich! lol

Delusions of grandeur anyone?

Jesus what on earth is this? Didn't realise we were playing Bayern Munich this afternoon, too late to alter my travel arrangements as well

Just watching Fletch and Sav and apparently Harry Redknapp has said twice that we'll be relegated...

He is a bitter man, never had a good word to say about us, thumped his team many times recently... just a terrible manager and someone I don't really listen to for an expert opinion on the game

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Whats more, we are capable of outplaying them with possession football. Interesting to see how Ranieri sets up today.

Are we? I've yet to see us keep the ball well in any game we've played this season and are averaging around 42% possession. We're simply not built for it and I'd be surprised today if we get anything above 46%. Norwich managed 56% at West Ham last weekend and will keep the ball well with Tettey, Howson and Hoolahan in the middle.

I think we tried to play some kind of possession football at Bournemouth with a 451 and it backfired badly until we switched to 442 at half time.

Are we? I've yet to see us keep the ball well in any game we've played this season and are averaging around 42% possession. We're simply not built for it and I'd be surprised today if we get anything above 46%. Norwich managed 56% at West Ham last weekend and will keep the ball well with Tettey, Howson and Hoolahan in the middle.

I think we tried to play some kind of possession football at Bournemouth with a 451 and it backfired badly until we switched to 442 at half time.

This exactly, it isn't our game... we play with a high line and very direct, we don't look good when passing it around. We find it easier to break quickly and have the ball in the back of the net in as few passes as possible.

I'd rather have lower possession percentages and more goals than the other way round.

I don't get the argument from the Norwich fan.  When Sousa was here, we set up to out pass teams, keep the ball and work our way up the pitch.  We played some nice football but it didn't end up too good.

The style we play now is exciting, edge of your seat stuff.

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, no game in the premier league is.  But let Norwich have the ball, it's not about how long you keep it for, it's about how quickly you get back and organised after you lose it

Who says possession football is exciting anyway? Spain keep the ball for eternity and they are immensely boring to watch. I think we're the most exciting team to watch this season for neutrals because there's goals on both sides. That guy's a bit of a clown isn't he?

We have intentionally surrendered a lot of possession IMO. Bournemouth was an experiment that didn't work, but with Drinkwater, Wasilewski, Inler, Mahrez, Albrighton, Ulloa, Okazaki and Kramaric I think we have players who are comfortable with possession football.

We are certainly capable of outplaying Norwich in that way.

Just watching Fletch and Sav and apparently Harry Redknapp has said twice that we'll be relegated...

We may well be but he should know all about recent relegations so at least he has an expert view.

"The reason we're being picked to win is because those in the know realize what a sham Leicester really are. Arsenal exposed them, the bubble has burst, the spell has been broken. Leicester will start full of vim and vigor, but once we sustain an attack, their sails will fall limp and it will simply be a matter of us breaking through. If we score one, we'll score 3. The best they can hope for is a goalless draw. 
I'm expecting us to score at least one. If it doesn't take 70 minutes to get that one, we'll win 3 - 0. If we haven't scored by then, it could be a dominant performance resulting in a disappointing draw. 

We won't be disappointed."

Our sails will fall limp  lol

Just like they did against Bournemouth, Villa and Stoke City.

Edited by marko

Well one set of fans are going to have egg on their face come 5pm today. Hopefully it's not us after the confidence people had last week against Arsenal "they'll never score three past us" is one that comes to mind :rolleyes:

We have intentionally surrendered a lot of possession IMO. Bournemouth was an experiment that didn't work, but with Drinkwater, Wasilewski, Inler, Mahrez, Albrighton, Ulloa, Okazaki and Kramaric I think we have players who are comfortable with possession football.

We are certainly capable of outplaying Norwich in that way.

But Bournemouth was an obvious attempt to keep more possession and it backfired. The main problem for me was that we don't have the defence for it. As you mention, Wasilewski (and I think Benalouane too) could play possession football but they're not getting in the team. None of De Laet, Huth, Morgan or Schlupp - our current back four - are technically good enough for possession football and I believe unless we have a big change in the defence, we can't play that way.

I agree we surrender possession a lot and it makes for exciting, attacking football. But it'll also mean that when we have to close out a game, we'll do it by forming two banks of four and five like at West Ham, rather than playing keep ball which is by far the better way to do it.

It's remarkable how much intelligence is lost when your sister is your mother. They've got to be the most (unwarranted) deluded fans I've seen

No way take your pick from Sunderland or Newcastle for that; they're significantly more deluded than Norwich are showing. At least you can put that down to confidence from promotion.

No way take your pick from Sunderland or Newcastle for that; they're significantly more deluded than Norwich are showing. At least you can put that down to confidence from promotion.

Norwich are talking like they're pep guardiolas Barcelona, sunderland were just daft enough to think they're midtable rather than relegation fodder.