Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

That Narch forum seems to have a similar ratio of sensible to idiotic posts tbpf.

Edit: To us I should have said.  Similar ratio of sensible to idiotic posts to us.

Edited by Carl the Llama

It was a penalty, a soft one but he got his body in front of the defender and the defender could not help but clatter into him.

I got a free kick like that years ago playing for my works team, the player is going at the same pace, you nip in front of them so you look in control of the ball but you have invaded their space and they clatter you.

Their defender should never have let him get in front of him in the penalty box, it was just naïve defending.

'Pearson coming would be a catastrophe. He creates a drinking culture within a club and ours is bad enough allegedly. ot really about us but made me laugh. Just looking at the Sunderland forum to see who they want as their next boss.'

Just goes to show how little knowledge some football fans have. Just blind speculation based on nothing

lol James Cordons a Leicester fan.

That young lad with the microphone will never make it in the real media world, he thinks there's an international break before they play Newcastle. He should know there is.

"It's not hard to get in the England squad", leics fan puts him straight in his place.

Norwich fan pretty fair with his review but it was a penalty end of.

The truth is, they'd all love a player like Vardy. A player that works his bollocks off, harasses defenders, plays with aggression but also a fair bit of skill now. Yes, he'll win the odd soft penalty and miss chances but he's always a threat, always someone the team can look for, doesn't go into hiding when things get tough.

And he's proving the difference against these sides now. West Brom away, Burnley away, Norwich away, Villa home. All sides around us and he's winning us points.

No coincidence that us and Palace have the most penalties this season. West Ham have had a couple as well I think.

tbf on their forum there's a few saying that if you have loads of fast mobile attackers you're more likely to get penalties than cameron jerome stood still up front on his hill.

'Pearson coming would be a catastrophe. He creates a drinking culture within a club and ours is bad enough allegedly. ot really about us but made me laugh. Just looking at the Sunderland forum to see who they want as their next boss.'

Just goes to show how little knowledge some football fans have. Just blind speculation based on nothing

Wow, couldn't be more wrong... Pearson would never tolerate such behaviour. His teams are some of the fittest around due to what he expects of his players off the field

I might be biased but I thought and still do that Vardys foul was blatant. Defender goes through him and if thats outfield then its a foul. Vardy knows what he is doing but the defenders keep buying it. More fool them.

I agree, it is just very intelligent play by Vardy...

In the Championship winning year, Pearson said something very telling:

"When you attack the box with such pace and directness, you're going to get penalties"

Same applies here. Maybe if Norwich weren't lumping it into Cameron Jerome, they might win a few more.

We have also had a few stone wall penalties not given, you attack at pace and isolate defenders and there is a good chance they will foul you, bit like the stoke penalty DD was not really going anywhere but their guy just bundled him over, was it soft yes, was it a foul yes so penalty. Saddest thing for Vardy is in an England shirt they don't use his pace and we have enough quick players to cause many a team problems.

In the Championship winning year, Pearson said something very telling:

"When you attack the box with such pace and directness, you're going to get penalties"

Same applies here. Maybe if Norwich weren't lumping it into Cameron Jerome, they might win a few more.

Exactly Norwich fans need to realise you don't get penalties if you are fouled on the half way line after passing the ball around in front of the opposition defenders..