Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

If you could all stop bringing this post up I would be grateful lol

I remember very boldly predicting that we would be nowhere near the relegation spots few years back when we did indeed get relegated to the first division. 

Get used to the reminders.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/epl-leicester-vs-arsenal-26-9-15-3-00pm.28484/page-59

On a side note.. I would love to see Vardy at Arsenal, maybe not as a starter all the time, but he would be a good back-up player. both games against us last season he ripped our full backs to shreds, and again today he was awesome, he is lightning fast, very few players are faster than him in the prem. He impresses me every time I see him.

While it's good to see other fans actually appreciating how good Vardy is rather than writing him off like a lot of casuals looking at the england squad, I don't think he actually played much against arsenal last year did he? 10 minute cameo coming back from injury in the home match and I'm sure he didn't play at ashburton grove.

While it's good to see other fans actually appreciating how good Vardy is rather than writing him off like a lot of casuals looking at the england squad, I don't think he actually played much against arsenal last year did he? 10 minute cameo coming back from injury in the home match and I'm sure he didn't play at ashburton grove.

You're right on this one doc - 20 mins at the KP and didn't make the squad at the Emirates (suspended?)

Going to be interesting what the casuals reel out as reasons why Vardy shouldn't be called up, as the goals conversion they constantly preach isn't valid anymore.

'We shouldn't let racists represent our country! He looks like he lives on a council estate FFS.'

Probably something like that

Vardy is probably not in contention with Kane/Rooney/Sturridge. For me Walcott is his main danger, especially if he continues to play as a striker, and Welbeck when he returns.

He may make up the numbers in the bigger squads but I can't see how he'll make a final 23 if everyone is fit.

Going to be interesting what the casuals reel out as reasons why Vardy shouldn't be called up, as the goals conversion they constantly preach isn't valid anymore. 

He's too old and has no technique is the new one.

Challenged some gimp who said "Jamie Vardy is the reason England will never win anything" after he smashed two in against Arsenal. They think we should pick younger players like Ings.

Apparently you can get away with just pace in this league. But against Germany and Spain etc you can't. Forget the Arsenal team is all English.

Edited by Babylon

Speed needed in this league is not necessarily true.

Look at Schupp; speedy, yes, but has no quality end-product like Mahrez/Vardy.

Did you read the headline and nothing else?

Just read this from a Norwich fan.

It should also be noted that Leicester, Palace and West Ham are all uncomplicated, expensive counter attacking teams. There's nothing special about any of them, they just use what they've got and look naff in every game they play. Surrendering possession and avoiding playing football in favour of results.

Cool good for them, but we're better.

Out much deeper and more sophisticated approach however should be applauded. When we beat Leicester tomorrow we'll be amongst the best of the rest without resorting to being a deep lying pacy counter attacking team with no other way to play.

No other lower half team would appreciate Howson or accommodate Hoolahan in their team which says a lot about their incredibly basic set ups. It's so important that we have an exceptional manager like AN because we can't compete financially. If it was up to me I'd say screw the player/stadium budget and pay AN more than he could get anywhere else because his intelligence and tactical nous is absolutely pivotal to our survival

Yes that's right, Norwich! lol

Delusions of grandeur anyone?

The fan? Probably.He is quick to write off our style of play,and that of Palace and WHam. Obviously hasn't watched the games. But Neil has delivered the goods so far, albeit in a relatively short management career. Time will tell for Norwich. As we know only too well, it's a long old season.