Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

"Of course we're going to win this. Last year Leicester were an unknown quantity. This year we treat them with more respect. They play an open game...this has all the markings of a big victory for us. I'm going with 1-4, Ramsey -1, Walcott 2, Sanchez 1."

Hmmm..we"ll see..

"Of course we're going to win this. Last year Leicester were an unknown quantity. This year we treat them with more respect. They play an open game...this has all the markings of a big victory for us. I'm going with 1-4, Ramsey -1, Walcott 2, Sanchez 1."

Hmmm..we"ll see..

I kinda see his point though. Last year we were organised and tight as shown by the fact that even when we were losing games we never lost by more than two goals. This year we're so expansive that we're due a game where we concede 3/4 and might not be able to outscore the other team. Can see us getting turned over 3/4-1 at some point if we continue with 442 but not to Arsenal, not today.

When is the last time we lost by more than two goals? Brighton at home?

I'm fairly certain Arsenal won't win and if they do it won't be convincing at all. This is a team that's already lost to West Ham and lost to Dinamo Zagreb, their laborious style of play isn't going to cut us open.

They're  the first "top" we've faced, we don't  know who's  going to start for us so I don't  see this is easy to predict. Certainly  we need to play much better than we  did  in the last two league games if w want to get any thing out of  it. 

They're  the first "top" we've faced, we don't  know who's  going to start for us so I don't  see this is easy to predict. Certainly  we need to play much better than we  did  in the last two league games if w want to get any thing out of  it. 

According to the table West Ham are also "top" or?

Arsenal have many great players, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey or Walcott - if 2 or more of them have a good game we will be in trouble.

If we get a point today, I'll be delighted.

It might be a negative way of looking at it but our last three league results have masked some awful performances, the first halves in particular. That said, I expect our performances to push on once the side has settled a bit more

When is the last time we lost by more than two goals? Brighton at home?

I'm fairly certain Arsenal won't win and if they do it won't be convincing at all. This is a team that's already lost to West Ham and lost to Dinamo Zagreb, their laborious style of play isn't going to cut us open.

'Twas Brighton at home, though I think we can discount that as they were clearly having a day off having been officially promoted the previous Saturday. I still maintain they were all just hungover!

Otherwise you have to go back to Chelsea in the FA Cup in February 2012, where we lost 5-2. I was living in New Zealand at the time and had to watch it on a poor stream at 5am. The boss let me take the morning off!

In the league, it was at home to Millwall 0-3 in October 2011 - which I think was the match that was the final straw with Sven?

'Twas Brighton at home, though I think we can discount that as they were clearly having a day off having been officially promoted the previous Saturday. I still maintain they were all just hungover!

Otherwise you have to go back to Chelsea in the FA Cup in February 2012, where we lost 5-2. I was living in New Zealand at the time and had to watch it on a poor stream at 5am. The boss let me take the morning off!

In the league, it was at home to Millwall 0-3 in October 2011 - which I think was the match that was the final straw with Sven?

Correct on all counts

That Chelsea game I remember well, Ben Marshall scoring a belter past Cech. Everyone thought he was gonna be the next big thing. Funny how things turn out

Hmmm..we"ll see..

I kinda see his point though. Last year we were organised and tight as shown by the fact that even when we were losing games we never lost by more than two goals. This year we're so expansive that we're due a game where we concede 3/4 and might not be able to outscore the other team. Can see us getting turned over 3/4-1 at some point if we continue with 442 but not to Arsenal, not today.

Arsenal have scored about three goals all season and think theyll score 4 against us.. Ok.

Jeez guys why tempt fate

• Like 2

On the Goonersworld forum, match day thread, one of there fans reckons we had the arrogance to play end to end football,and calls us small time.

To be fair other Arsenal fans have come out in our defence.

He'd soon be complaining if we just set out to kick and trip them. We tried to play football and attack, it didn't work. But our approach was good to see.