Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Why are 90% of pundits made up of ex top 6 players? There are the odd ex player like Savage but most of them played for top clubs.

Never seen an ex Birmingham City player as pundit for example. But there are dozens of ex Liverpool players in the media.

Can give you an example of an ex Birmingham City pundit.

clue .you mentioned him in your 1st paragraph!!!!

Edited by cambridgefox
Being an idiot and not reading previous post!!!
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I got blocked by Barry Glendenning of the guardian. Seems these people who like to give their opinion to the public like it's fact don't like their opinion being questioned. Think they might be in the wrong job.

Barney Ronay of the guardian wrote a decent piece on the sacking and why it's not madness. I tweeted it to Glendenning and he claimed if I read Ronay's article I'd see they had similar views. That despite Ronay saying he understood it and Glendenning calling the club a disgrace. What is this guy on?

I told Taylor that the Ronay article was far more balanced and informed than his - which is true. So he spat his dummy out. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I got blocked by Barry Glendenning of the guardian. Seems these people who like to give their opinion to the public like it's fact don't like their opinion being questioned. Think they might be in the wrong job.

Barney Ronay of the guardian wrote a decent piece on the sacking and why it's not madness. I tweeted it to Glendenning and he claimed if I read Ronay's article I'd see they had similar views. That despite Ronay saying he understood it and Glendenning calling the club a disgrace. What is this guy on?

Honigstein seem to be logical and objective on this issue.  His opinions are not fuelled by emotion but by facts.  I hope Honigstein stands up for our club a little bit on Mondays pod for some balance.

We've been vilified on every media outlets for 3 straight days.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Cheers.

He blocked you for 1 tweet! Wow some of the guys really are delicate. At least Glendenning argued with me all afternoon, and resulted to personal insults, before not admitting he was wrong and blocking me.

Yeah. I was really surprised. Thought a journalist would be more robust than that and at least argue his point. But no, straight block.

Leicester City players defended by their former boss

By MJClayton  |  Posted: February 28, 2017

Leicester City's players have been defended over their performances by their former assistant manager.

The club's former head of recruitment Steve Walsh said there were many reasons for a slump in form, but added: "Players don't go out to not want to perform."

Walsh, now the director of football at Everton, was talking in an interview with Sky Sports today after Leicester City's 3-1 victory over Liverpool last night.

He said that Claudio Ranieri knows better than most that results are everything in football.

Walsh said: "He was part and parcel of it (the title win) and it is incredible they have had a nose-dive in terms of results.

"We are in a results-led business and I think Claudio as much as everyone else knows that - as do I. You need to get results to maintain that level and if you don't get results you have to suffer the consequences."

Walsh then added: "Football is a funny game - there are a variety of factors why teams don't perform.

"We are talking about human beings and they all have different feelings.

"Players don't go out to not want to perform - they all want to perform but for a variety of reasons it sometimes doesn't happen and that applies to the best players in the world.

"It is just one game (the Liverpool win) but they have enough talent within the squad to retain their Premier League status and I am sure they will do that."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-players-defended-by-their-former-boss/story-30169087-detail/story.html#CmeFh0C18gtVQiGm.99

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why are we that bothered by Sunderland again? We had this last season too. Seems a strange club to look at the messageboards of.

haha you grumpy old sod! 

I checked a couple of our relegation rivals to see how they reacted to our situation and that performance and wether their fans think we are going down. I checked Palace too but they were a lot more balanced and less entertaining.

thought it might be interesting to people in the 'do they mean us' thread but if had known it was going to cause irritation i wouldn't have bothered.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

haha you grumpy old sod! 

I checked a couple of our relegation rivals to see how they reacted to our situation and that performance and wether their fans think we are going down. I checked Palace too but they were a lot more balanced and less entertaining.

thought it might be interesting to people in the 'do they mean us' thread but if had known it was going to cause irritation i wouldn't have bothered.

Who's the grumpy one?

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

haha you grumpy old sod! 

I'm not irritated, just asking why, for quite a while now, Sunderland messageboards seem quite prominent on this site above say, Swansea or West Ham?