Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

This thread needs renaming to "The do they mean us, cos if they do fvck em". We're in the last 8 of the CL, and if ever there was a need for an us against the world attitude from everyone, it's now. Screw what other people think about us. 

Think most of the comments have been positive to be fair. The odd Ranieri whimper and Gerrard seeming gutted. I happened to glance towards the BT box when the penalty was saved and saw a light coloured suit with fists clenched in celebration, presumed it was Gary, turns out it was Rio haha (I'm not that close to it and have bad eyes alright).

I study German as a hobby and have enjoyed translating some of the coverage in their media. This from sud Deutsche Zeitung:

Die meisten der 31 520 Zuschauer riefen: "Englischer Meister! Wir wissen, was wir sind." 

You don't need to know German to understand that!

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I've been browsing through a handful of Bayern Munich forums today and their fans could do with a bit of humble pie... Already unanimously considering Leicester a 100% pass en route to the semi-final.

Think the German's were confident about the outcome of world war 2 as well weren't they? 

36 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I've been browsing through a handful of Bayern Munich forums today and their fans could do with a bit of humble pie... Already unanimously considering Leicester a 100% pass en route to the semi-final.

5 seasons ago we were being dismissed as a laughing stock by shithouse clubs like Bristol City, Reading and Millwall because we'd spent so much and given them their easiest games of the season. How mental is it that we're now being dismissed by Bayern Munich?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Tbf, any betting man would agree.

But we defied odds of 5,000/1 to get the chance to prove them wrong.

14 hours ago, davieG said:

All it indicates to me is how the loan system is badly set up for me it should only be used to increase the experience of younger players or at a push recovering fitness not to allow you to have a massive squad of expensive players and then to loan them out because you haven't got the means to play them. They should also only be allowed to go to a league lower than the players club.

Nasri shouldn't even be allowed to be loaned to a club of the stature or Sevilla.

What a wonderful idea....I'd love to see it applied. It would also help towards stopping the wholesale stockpiling of top players by some clubs if they can't get them games to play in.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

The if I was a Batern fan or any of the big clubs I'd 100% want to face Leicester. We are the smallest team left in the CL. 

Bayern, Real and Barca are the sides that will 100% beat us. There's no way that they buckle under the pressure we'll put on them and their strikers will definitely take their chances. I think we've got a chance against the rest.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Bayern, Real and Barca are the sides that will 100% beat us. There's no way that they buckle under the pressure we'll put on them and their strikers will definitely take their chances. I think we've got a chance against the rest.

Atletico Madrid? The only team left that could match our intensity. They're the ones I want to avoid. Hopefully we get Monaco as I'd genuinely fancy us to beat them. 

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No such thing as 100% in this context.

Real, Barca and Bayern will have lost to lesser teams than us this season. Overwhelming favourites they may be but dead certs they ain't.

• Like 2