Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

Personally I think he is spot on.

He's talking absolute bollocks. It's not delusional or "bigclubitis" to call these performances disgraceful - there's no sign the majority of the side is even interested. Hell even if you set aside last season and imagine we were newly promoted, 1 point from four games against two perennial relegation candidates, a newly promoted side and one only in their second season up is a massive disappointment. Calling for ranieri to be sacked still seems a bit mad, but any claiming that we should be content with the last month has to be on the wind-up.

• Like 3

"The players aren't satisfied, they want to play better and fight more but it's important to fight together as a team.

"Our strength was this, if we made a dream last season it's because we were together, not because we were a big team. With our effort we made a story.

"Do you see the same team from last season? I don't see, we have to react, to come back.

Ranieri's not satisfied so I don't see why the fans should be.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

RB Leipzig's rise 'not like Leicester's fairytale'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38263157

Surprise, surprise. Who'd have thought?

Buying and building on a more-than-decent Championship side with years of history is nothing compared to sponsoring a lowly fifth-division club in Eastern Germany with massive money, thus gaining an unfair advantage in the lower leagues especially, whilst rebranding it with the main sponsor featuring dominantly in both the club's name and colors.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Surprise, surprise. Who'd have thought?

Buying and building on a more-than-decent Championship side with years of history is nothing compared to sponsoring a lowly fifth-division club in Eastern Germany with massive money, thus gaining an unfair advantage in the lower leagues especially, whilst rebranding it with the main sponsor featuring dominantly in both the club's name and colors.

Agreed.

On 08/12/2016 at 19:30, Buce said:

Comedian Matt Forde (Forest fan) gives his Premier League table of teams he hates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38255660

Guess who's top?

"Come back when you have won two European cups" ?? How is that possible, Matt Forde ?? That competition was scrapped a quarter of a century ago. That said, even during our current slump I would have fancied us against the Romanian part timers. Yet another stereotypical Snotter.

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

"Come back when you have won two European cups" ?? How is that possible, Matt Forde ?? That competition was scrapped a quarter of a century ago. That said, even during our current slump I would have fancied us against the Romanian part timers. Yet another stereotypical Snotter.

Come back where exactly ? To get their approval ? 

45 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Typical red & white cvnt.

Just wait for next season. No Europe so we can do the league again.

While they struggle in the championship and fight for that silly 2 team cup they have.

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Seems relatively accurate

Not really Oz yes some may have it. I personally think most of us are pissed off.

Most wanted a top ten finish not even Europe. We all expected some fight from players that look like they care. We seem to have got neither.

That Matt Forde chap is hilarious, can see why he's a comedian. First he calls us out about the European Cups then later says he can't stand Liverpool because they think that they're a big team because of their past achievements despite being the only other (and first) English team to achieve back to back European Cups.

Anyway what happened to no one in Nottingham caring about Leicester and that fictitious rivalry that we made up?!?

Typical Forest fan. Bet he loved reminiscing over the glory days in league one and those lower half finishes in the Championship whilst we went about rewriting the history books.

Not to worry though maybe Forest will swoop for Messi and Suarez next summer, after all they're one of Europe's biggest teams don't you know! Sorry I forgot... of course they won't because in true Forest fan fashion, they're past their best and clearly not good enough to get in ahead of Lansbury and Assombalonga. lol

• Like 1

That Matt Forde thing, it wasn't a documentary. It was meant as comedy. It wasn't hilarious but it had a ring of truth about it. It was about the ridiculous pantomime hate fans have for other teams. Some of you need to take life less seriously. 

• Like 4

My view of that article is that it is uneducated and churned out quickly as a column filler. Only useful for fish and chip paper back in the day.

From what I have read most people were complaining about a lack of effort and motivation, not league position.

Whatever the history of your club, as a fan you want to see every player in your team earn their wages by giving their all and putting in the hard yards.

Not sure the author of the article is even a football fan or that he has a basic understanding of the game.

On 08/12/2016 at 19:30, Buce said:

Comedian Matt Forde (Forest fan) gives his Premier League table of teams he hates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38255660

Guess who's top?

Forget about Europe he's going to be preoccupied today with the East Midlands biggest game, ladies and gentlemen the day has finally arrived........ The Brian Clough Trophy (1st leg)

I'll be watching Chelsea v West Brom

On 10/12/2016 at 09:20, sylofox said:

Typical red & white cvnt.

Just wait for next season. No Europe so we can do the league again.

While they struggle in the championship and fight for that silly 2 team cup they have.

Why no Europe next season, we've still got 3 chances, pretty slim yes, but we ain't dead yet ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lawro takes a closer look at all PL teams and what they need in the January transfer window:

Leicester City - 16th

Stat attack: This time last year, Leicester were top of the table and joint top scorers in the Premier League with 37 goals in their 19 matches - Jamie Vardy (15) and Riyad Mahrez (13) contributed 77% of them.

This season, Leicester are 16th, and the joint-eighth highest PL scorers with 23 goals in their 18 matches. Vardy (five) and Mahrez (three) have contributed 35% of them.

Window shopping: Leicester brought in plenty of players in the summer and I am not sure they need any more new faces while those signings continue to bed in.

But you could argue they need to change something because the cracks have started to appear - the two centre-backs have looked rocky and, in attack, Mahrez and Vardy have not got near last season's form.

I can't help but make the connection between the way some of their players are performing and the big contracts many of them signed after winning the title.

You normally get the odd one or two at every club who take their eye off the ball a little bit in that situation, but at Leicester it is as if it has happened to everyone at the same time.

Linked with (Player, age, position and club): Wilfred Ndidi, 19, CM (Genk), Luka Milivojevic, 25, CM (Olympiakos), Joe Hart, 29, GK (on loan at Torino from Manchester City), Davie Selke, 21, CF (RB Leipzig).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38453345