Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I didn't know where to put this but this reactions of Sevilla fans in the office studio is hilarious. Agony for them.

Football will give you pure unadulterated pleasure or extreme painful agony. 

The pain in his face when Nzonzi missed the pen.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I didn't know where to put this but this reactions of Sevilla fans in the office is hilarious. Agony for them.

Is this the Spanish version of the office? :D

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

.....or there's this caustic view

Latest chapter of Leicester City fairy tale leaves a sour taste

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/latest-chapter-leicester-city-fairy-tale-leaves-univocally-sour-taste-1611761

Rubbish, I'm afraid. Us and Vardy weren't angels last season at all and have suddenly become cynical and desperate, we've been that way for a while, like most teams. The Shakespeare stuff seems to have no actual basis and I'm fed up of the "fairytale" angle because it's the incorrect term to use.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/latest-chapter-leicester-city-fairy-tale-leaves-univocally-sour-taste-1611761

Another Idiotic blog by another misguided so called journalists who believe we are responsible for the soul of football. Has a pop at everyone and try's to backslap the fans for being great like we need you, a hint of plagiarism all the way through this. No indication of any knowledge about football, this belongs in a gossip magazine. Move along and stop the copy and paste articles put down your pitchfork and torch, ask some questions and get some fact you lazy.......

(I will let you fill in the last word)

9 minutes ago, Mease said:

Another Idiotic blog by another misguided so called journalists who believe we are responsible for the soul of football. Has a pop at everyone and try's to backslap the fans for being great like we need you, a hint of plagiarism all the way through this. No indication of any knowledge about football, this belongs in a gossip magazine. Move along and stop the copy and paste articles put down your pitchfork and torch, ask some questions and get some fact you lazy.......

Using late-night experiences as a profile pictures usually adds to the credibility of any ambitious and serious sports journalist:

Meet Nick Howson.

Nick Howson.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Koke said:

I didn't know where to put this but this reactions of Sevilla fans in the office studio is hilarious. Agony for them.

Ah, when Betis supporters take the mick out their inner-city rivals... :D

• Like 2

The commentator on 5 Live (Irish fella, didn't catch his name) made some pretty unpleasant insinuations regarding last night's tifo; noting the 'Shakespeare' quote and the (apparent) image of Craig Shakespeare holding the dog's leash, he firstly wrongly asserted that the club had arranged it, then followed it up by saying that something of that complexity must have been organised weeks ago (implying before Claudio's sacking) and that the whole thing stank. 

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

The commentator on 5 Live (Irish fella, didn't catch his name) made some pretty unpleasant insinuations regarding last night's tifo; noting the 'Shakespeare' quote and the (apparent) image of Craig Shakespeare holding the dog's leash, he firstly wrongly asserted that the club had arranged it, then followed it up by saying that something of that complexity must have been organised weeks ago (implying before Claudio's sacking) and that the whole thing stank. 

There're a lot of uneducated opinions in the press. Jonathan Northcroft is one of the few who have informed opinions about our club. It's fine to have a critical view of Leicester City bit their opinion got to have some substance behind it. 

• Like 1

There's something strangely comforting about certain areas of the media displaying a dislike of our club. It gives a certain satisfaction that we are getting under their skin and poking sticks into their cosy little top-six world.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

There's something strangely comforting about certain areas of the media displaying a dislike of our club. It gives a certain satisfaction that we are getting under their skin and poking sticks into their cosy little top-six world.

Spot on, broke the establishment and the majority don't like it. 

56 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

some really bitter Sunderland fans towards us on there, awwww bless, i see they say we dont celebrate goals and all that lark and stuff, tbh they woulnt know anyway since they only see what they want too.

hopefully they'll go down this season and maybe even fill the stadium of light, but i guess both seem very unlikely tbh

I was reading that and the Man City Blue Moon forum at lunch and there are some really screwed up individuals on both. 

I occasionally have a look at some of the main forums RAWK, Red Cafe etc but Sunderland and Man City are up there with The Fighting Cock in a league of their own.

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

Alan Green I bet. 

It probably did take weeks, about 3 I'd imagine :doh:

41 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Using late-night experiences as a profile pictures usually adds to the credibility of any ambitious and serious sports journalist:

Meet Nick Howson.

Nick Howson.png

Up there with Kate Aide this guy.

How on earth are the supporters from clubs like forest and Sunderland claiming we haven't played anybody good yet in the champions league

3 years on the trot Europa league winners are classed as rubbish?!?

Says a lot about what they think of their own clubs, great support that is

56 minutes ago, Mease said:

Well, I'd be inclined to say he's being controversial in order to whip up a storm that will increase the amount of hits and amount of revenue that website generates myself.  Don't think he could fit more adverts on there if he tried. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrSpaM said:

How on earth are the supporters from clubs like forest and Sunderland claiming we haven't played anybody good yet in the champions league

3 years on the trot Europa league winners are classed as rubbish?!?

Says a lot about what they think of their own clubs, great support that is

I don't think they mean "good" I think they mean famous. Which is true, for now, but very likely to change. 

Although Forest can do one anyway, champions of Luxembourg, you'll never sing that 

6 hours ago, Buce said:

From the Beeb:

"It is surely stretching the credibility of even Leicester's scriptwriters to suggest they can win the Champions League - but who is to say they cannot make even more waves after Sevilla, Europa League winners three seasons in succession and third in La Liga, were beaten?

This was a fully deserved win against a side rated as potential dark horses in the competition and comes on the heels of an impressive dismissal of Liverpool.

The Foxes will be rank outsiders against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus - or anyone who is pitted against them in the last eight.

However, they will not shy away from any challenge, especially not at home and especially not if this arena is the stage for the second leg.

There was a real air of intimidation, noise and theatre in the stadium against Sevilla and Leicester's fans are starting to dream again after the dark months between August and February.

Under Shakespeare, they are playing in a manner designed to unsettle any side who takes the measured approach - and they will do it backed by a 90-minute wall of sound.

All the odds suggest this latest great adventure should end at the next stage - but since when did the odds or logic come into this club's calculations?"

**************************************************************************

"Juventus do not want to play Leicester in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, says the Italian team's keeper and captain Gianluigi Buffon.

The Italian champions beat Porto to reach the last eight, while the Foxes also progressed by overcoming Sevilla.

The Italy captain, 39, said: "Who do I prefer not to play? Leicester.

"They are a dangerous and passionate team who can cause trouble for opponents who take the initiative. We would have everything to lose."

Real Madrid, who have won Europe's premier knockout tournament a record 11 times and five-times winners Barcelona and Bayern Munich are among the sides already through to the last eight.

English champions Leicester reached the last eight in their maiden Champions League campaign with a 2-0 home victory over Spanish title hopefuls Sevilla to go through 3-2 on aggregate.

Juventus, who are two-time European champions, managed a routine 1-0 home win against Portuguese leaders Porto to complete a 3-0 aggregate victory.

They are widely ranked as fourth favourites to win the Champions League by many bookmakers, who also make Leicester the rank outsiders."

I've always liked Buffon. I'd love to play them next. Aging back line.

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've always liked Buffon. I'd love to play them next. Aging back line.

But very, very good. 

Plus if that cnut Dybala dabs in our stadium I may have to run on the pitch and lay the smack down and I don't want a ban.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

But very, very good. 

Plus if that cnut Dybala dabs in our stadium I may have to run on the pitch and lay the smack down and I don't want a ban.

Juve it is then! :P

35 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I love it lol can't wait till we finish 10th and win the champions league 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

What a strange article.  Has managed to cobble together all of the shite rumours into one vaguely nasty storyline, which just comes across as bitter.  Not sure why he should be bitter?

14 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

If you want to read about the fans who seem most bitter about us go on the Man City fans forum 'Blue Moon' and how they bleat on about performance enhancing drugs and Leicester. Pity them, they should read this article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38463120

I remember going on that forum around the time we won the league, and there were a couple beating the PED drum- sounds like it's caught on? They're absolutely batsh*t mental if they actually believe that lol

• Like 1