Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

On 06/03/2017 at 20:15, Cardiff_Fox said:

There's a good case for libel on that article. The connections are so loose with no actual proof of wrongdoing. It's like saying because at my work there's been an example of some fraud, the whole company is full of frauds?!? It's an absolute insult.

He kept linking other articles like they would prove some of his accusations but if you click through to them and read them they do not in any way support what he is saying.

I have to agree with him though it is double standards in the media when it comes to doping and russia. They get villified for it whilst Mo Farah and Bradley Wiggins get knighthoods of the queen.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Beeb:

"It is surely stretching the credibility of even Leicester's scriptwriters to suggest they can win the Champions League - but who is to say they cannot make even more waves after Sevilla, Europa League winners three seasons in succession and third in La Liga, were beaten?

This was a fully deserved win against a side rated as potential dark horses in the competition and comes on the heels of an impressive dismissal of Liverpool.

The Foxes will be rank outsiders against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus - or anyone who is pitted against them in the last eight.

However, they will not shy away from any challenge, especially not at home and especially not if this arena is the stage for the second leg.

There was a real air of intimidation, noise and theatre in the stadium against Sevilla and Leicester's fans are starting to dream again after the dark months between August and February.

Under Shakespeare, they are playing in a manner designed to unsettle any side who takes the measured approach - and they will do it backed by a 90-minute wall of sound.

All the odds suggest this latest great adventure should end at the next stage - but since when did the odds or logic come into this club's calculations?"

**************************************************************************

"Juventus do not want to play Leicester in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, says the Italian team's keeper and captain Gianluigi Buffon.

The Italian champions beat Porto to reach the last eight, while the Foxes also progressed by overcoming Sevilla.

The Italy captain, 39, said: "Who do I prefer not to play? Leicester.

"They are a dangerous and passionate team who can cause trouble for opponents who take the initiative. We would have everything to lose."

Real Madrid, who have won Europe's premier knockout tournament a record 11 times and five-times winners Barcelona and Bayern Munich are among the sides already through to the last eight.

English champions Leicester reached the last eight in their maiden Champions League campaign with a 2-0 home victory over Spanish title hopefuls Sevilla to go through 3-2 on aggregate.

Juventus, who are two-time European champions, managed a routine 1-0 home win against Portuguese leaders Porto to complete a 3-0 aggregate victory.

They are widely ranked as fourth favourites to win the Champions League by many bookmakers, who also make Leicester the rank outsiders."

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39275231

Former Leeds United and Manchester City defender Danny Mills told BBC Radio 5 live: "It's just a different Leicester from what we have seen so far this season.

"All those fans who thought it was a disgrace that Ranieri was sacked, they have got to eat some humble pie.

:wes:

• Like 3

Just now, Mark_w said:

Am I the only one a tad bemused that Sunderland manage 20+ page match threads for Leicester games? https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/leicester-v-sevilla.1340615/

It's a bit creepy.

I love that RTG forum to be fair. They're all bonkers, but the frequency and range of threads is great- always something interesting to browse. No idea why we feature so often though.

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Am I the only one a tad bemused that Sunderland manage 20+ page match threads for Leicester games? https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/leicester-v-sevilla.1340615/

It's a bit creepy.

If you want to see creepy obsession have a look at the champions league thread on blue moon lol they absolutely despise us and every other post claims we're doping 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

8 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

It's a bit creepy.

lol that is gold!! They've got to be up there with Spurs as the most delude fans in the premier league. Can't wait til they **** off out of existence playing the likes of Rotherham and Burton. Joke club!

7 minutes ago, ST20 said:

Sunderland don't have much else to be excited for. Shit team and shit city.

They seem to think we have some sort of rivalry and are on a similar level because we were both involved in a relegation battle 2 years ago. Since then we've won the Premier League and got to QFs of Champions League, whilst they have lost every week, left in the 60th minute of most home games and look like they'll finally be flushed from the PL this year. If anyone from RTG is reading this, you're not on our level, and you never will be. Now **** off and worry about your derbies with Hartlepool in the lower leagues rather than a team that will never care about you!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, the fox said:

Thanks @Mark_w, I need a good laugh?

The first thing I saw:

"KO 19:45 on BT Sports 2 

Line Ups

Druggies 

[IMG] 

Sevilla

[IMG] 

Haway Sevilla make them choke on their clackers"

This is gonna be fun ???

To be fair there is some funny, on the money and balanced views in there as well as the hateful dross - good to see fans who love football rather than just support their team with blinkers on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

It's a bit creepy.

Whenever I go on other club's forums I really appreciate how great ours is. Reputation, match ratings, good format, we're pretty lucky. Sunderland's forum isn't bad, but there are some very jealous posters in that thread.

One of them was even calling us stupid for singing "Champions of England you'll never sing that", to Sevilla. I don't think I've ever seen such an obvious joke go over someone's head! Interesting place to visit RTG but I wouldn't want to spend too much time there! lol

Edited by Melbourne Fuchs
Had to mention the bloke who missed the joke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Whenever I go on other club's forums I really appreciate how great ours is. Reputation, match ratings, good format, we're pretty lucky. Sunderland's forum isn't bad, but there are some very jealous posters in that thread.

I can assure you mate, that thread is about as balanced and reasonable as they get on that forum.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They seem to think we have some sort of rivalry and are on a similar level because we were both involved in a relegation battle 2 years ago. Since then we've won the Premier League and got to QFs of Champions League, whilst they have lost every week, left in the 60th minute of most home games and look like they'll finally be flushed from the PL this year. If anyone from RTG is reading this, you're not on our level, and you never will be. Now **** off and worry about your derbies with Hartlepool in the lower leagues rather than a team that will never care about you!

To be fair there is a lot of decent posters and then you get the bear and a few others who are just completely anti Leicester.

Just now, Danizen said:

27 fvcking pages and counting! :o

A Sunderland thread on here wouldn't even get 27 posts.

A Sunderland thread wouldn't even be made on here, except when we play them.

We only think about Sunderland twice a year when we play them. They're completely irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Mark_w said:

It's a bit creepy.

Lots of admiration in there for us. The dislike for us is simply jealousy masqueraded.

I'm sure you'll sympathize with this poster:

The SMB "I hate the champions league, it's the same old clubs. Form a European league and **** off"

The SMB "****ing Leicester, know your place"

:D

Edited by MC Prussian

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

A Sunderland thread wouldn't even be made on here, except when we play them.

We only think about Sunderland twice a year when we play them. They're completely irrelevant.

I guess that'd change if Sunderland were to play in the Champions League.

Then again, Sunderland and Champions League...

laughter.gif

4 hours ago, Mark_w said:

It's a bit creepy.

some really bitter Sunderland fans towards us on there, awwww bless, i see they say we dont celebrate goals and all that lark and stuff, tbh they woulnt know anyway since they only see what they want too.

hopefully they'll go down this season and maybe even fill the stadium of light, but i guess both seem very unlikely tbh