Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Basically, he said he was looking forward to tonight. Enjoyed his time at Leicester, and all that. Stringer obviously asked him about Kermorgrant and Powell said the penalty is in the past, but he knows Kermorgrant is technically-gifted player, so that's why he took him to Charlton. Was walking about Logan and he said, shall I come out and take a penalty in my suit? lol

'Kermorgrant' mate?

lol

Edited by Col city fan

• 2 months later...

Anyone listen tonight?

Stringer making himself look like an amateur tonight, sniggering at one of the callers points in the background and then cutting someone off who rang in 5 minutes later to agreed with the initial point made. Very unprofessional, if he doesn't agree fine but everyones entitled to their opinion and the caller was obviously very passionate about the club..

And for the record, I agreed with the point about needing a player in midfield such as Dikgacoi at Palace.

• Like 2

Anyone listen tonight?

Stringer making himself look like an amateur tonight, sniggering at one of the callers points in the background and then cutting someone off who rang in 5 minutes later to agreed with the initial point made. Very unprofessional, if he doesn't agree fine but everyones entitled to their opinion and the caller was obviously very passionate about the club..

And for the record, I agreed with the point about needing a player in midfield such as Dikgacoi at Palace.

Stringer is a petulant child. Or an utter knob.

Has a guy called Trevor been on?

Yes .... I think so .... what was his point??

Stringer apologising at the end about cutting the fella off and saying he didn't mean to!!!!! Maybe the fact that you said "see ya" as you cut him off gave the game away there stringer?

• Like 1

I don't really blame Stringer for getting annoyed. Maybe he should just have faded him down then brought him back. But if your gonna rant down the phone, tell someone there wrong then keep ranting as there trying to reply you can't be suprised if you're gonna get cut-off. If he'd been quiet and respectful and let Stringer reply and actually had a conversation with him he'd have got his point across.

Considering some of the people that go on there it's suprising it hasn't happened sooner. I'd be cutting people off left, right and center.

I don't really blame Stringer for getting annoyed. Maybe he should just have faded him down then brought him back. But if your gonna rant down the phone, tell someone there wrong then keep ranting as there trying to reply you can't be suprised if you're gonna get cut-off. If he'd been quiet and respectful and let Stringer reply and actually had a conversation with him he'd have got his point across.

Considering some of the people that go on there it's suprising it hasn't happened sooner. I'd be cutting people off left, right and center.

Definitely.

And the train of the thought on some points was just weird. Even stringer, young and jobber were slightly lost.

Stringer should have just let the guy finish his point .... then he wouldn't have had to cut him off because he couldn't interupt him. It's the phone in - not the Stringer's opinion show .... or it's meant to be.

I'm hoping Big Nige mauls him at the weekend now!!!!

The guy ended up on a rant, because Stringer kept putting words into his mouth.

Never at any point did he suggest they go carelessly flying into tackles all over the pitch, as was implied by Stringer.

What he was trying to say, and i think he was right, is that our midfield is a bit lightweight at times, and needs someone willing to mix it, when it gets physical.

Our midfield players are good footballers, when teams sit off them and allow them to play, but against more robust midfields they get out muscled.

The guy had a valid point, and didn`t deserve to be belittled, which is what Stringer did to him.

It was completely out of order, as was his cutting off of the other caller, who didn`t agree with him.

It is supposed to be a football forum, for fans opinions, but tonight it seems like it`s only a phone in for people with the same opinion as Stringers.

The guy ended up on a rant, because Stringer kept putting words into his mouth.

Never at any point did he suggest they go carelessly flying into tackles all over the pitch, as was implied by Stringer.

What he was trying to say, and i think he was right, is that our midfield is a bit lightweight at times, and needs someone willing to mix it, when it gets physical.

Our midfield players are good footballers, when teams sit off them and allow them to play, but against more robust midfields they get out muscled.

The guy had a valid point, and didn`t deserve to be belittled, which is what Stringer did to him.

It was completely out of order, as was his cutting off of the other caller, who didn`t agree with him.

It is supposed to be a football forum, for fans opinions, but tonight it seems like it`s only a phone in for people with the same opinion as Stringers.

I wasn't really talking about the first guy - but he kept contradicting himself. First he was saying we need to be more aggresive tackling then we shouldn't be tackling. To begin with Stringer and Young tried to clarify what he meant and he was rude and telling them they were wrong, when I think all they wanted to do was understand what he meant. Then I'll agree Stringer was putting words in his mouth but I think he got fed up of the patronising tone the bloke was taking.

I agreed with his point about midfield, but he made so many contradictory points it was hard to keep up and not find something to agree with. I just think both took a rude patronising tone and then Stringer did as well - he's only human.

I not entirely defending Stringer, he could have been more professional - the 'see ya' was uncalled for. But if you're gonna phone up and Stringer disagrees or plays devils advocate then you chuck a strop instead of calmly trying to put your point across I don't really have any sympathy.

Edited by Guesty

I wasn't really talking about the first guy - but he kept contradicting himself. First he was saying we need to be more aggresive tackling then we shouldn't be tackling. To begin with Stringer and Young tried to clarify what he meant and he was rude and telling them they were wrong, when I think all they wanted to do was understand what he meant. Then I'll agree Stringer was putting words in his mouth but I think he got fed up of the patronising tone the bloke was taking.

I agreed with his point about midfield, but he made so many contradictory points it was hard to keep up and not find something to agree with. I just think both took a rude patronising tone and then Stringer did as well - he's only human.

I not entirely defending Stringer, he could have been more professional - the 'see ya' was uncalled for. But if you're gonna phone up and Stringer disagrees or plays devils advocate then you chuck a strop instead of calmly trying to put your point across I don't really have any sympathy.

Stringer didn`t really play devils advocote though.

As you say he didn`t seem to get where the bloke was coming from to begin with, (Don`t know why, i knew straight the way).

He then started putting words in the guys mouth, which is when the guy got a bit confused, and came out with some contradictory stuff.

I think Stringer was totally unprofessional, and his "see ya" jibe, to the other caller who he cut off, for having a different opinion to his own was an utter disgrace!

It was actually worth listening to tonight.

Anyone agree Stringer spiced it up on purpose?

As for David getting cut off, he came on to agree with a bloke who contradicted himself in a false argument, then when Stringer tried to put him right he just carried on talking and would'nt let stringer speak.

He got what he deserved.

It was actually worth listening to tonight.

Anyone agree Stringer spiced it up on purpose?

As for David getting cut off, he came on to agree with a bloke who contradicted himself in a false argument, then when Stringer tried to put him right he just carried on talking and would'nt let stringer speak.

He got what he deserved.

My only problem was that he got about 5 words out before stringer wanted to speak .... and because he didn't just let stringer speak over him (it was tringer interrupting so why should he) stringer said see ya and cut him off ..... sounded like a 12 year not getting an extension to bedtime.