Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

We cant even use it MEDICINALLY in this country... medicinally... for fvcks sake, you can legally obtain a myriad drugs that will obliterate your mind, but one that actually works for people suffering is illegal.

That's because Big Pharma makes too much money for the people at the top of the tree. It's now one of the top earners along with the arms and drugs trades.

Everybody could grow marijuana anywhere and turn it into oil for medical reasons and there is no way that will be allowed to happen for the foreseeable future.

I've heard stories similar to the one you linked where people get into trouble for giving others the only thing that helps them with their suffering. Those people at the top of the tree don't care at all and will keep on selling us the chemicals for ingestion.

That's because Big Pharma makes too much money for the people at the top of the tree. It's now one of the top earners along with the arms and drugs trades.

Everybody could grow marijuana anywhere and turn it into oil for medical reasons and there is no way that will be allowed to happen for the foreseeable future.

I've heard stories similar to the one you linked where people get into trouble for giving others the only thing that helps them with their suffering. Those people at the top of the tree don't care at all and will keep on selling us the chemicals for ingestion.

you gotta enjoy your mother****er life, enjoy that shit

Absolutely shameful display.  The fact that he wouldn't take his children to task for a law he wants to keep in place says everything.  Sadly Labour were supposedly the UK's best chance at getting a common sense, evidence-based approach to narcotics policy.

And who're you calling a nosey cvnt?

Too true, we are keen gardeners, its amazing what you can grow at home, for example in this picture on the right, you can see the trunk of a Locut tree we grew from seed, there is also a weed that just sprang up alongside it, but weve just cut that down and put it somewhere dark to stop it spreading

IMG_4382_zpstoiqjvob.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Too true, we are keen gardeners, its amazing what you can grow at home, for example in this picture on the right, you can see the trunk of a Locut tree we grew from seed, there is also a weed that just sprang up alongside it, but weve just cut that down and put it somewhere dark to stop it spreading

IMG_4382_zpstoiqjvob.jpg

ounce in the mail ?

Yes and no.

Yes - for medicinal reasons, not just prescribing a bag and letting people smoke it. I mean prescriptions being formulated by cannabis to be allowed, a doctor prescribing smoke is ridiculous.

No- Not for people to just smoke, Yes I know Alcohol is just as bad but that doesn't mean we should legalise something else that is bad. I know someone who is wheelchair bound, fits six or seven times a day, and hears voices so often that he is often locked away for periods of time thanks to weed.  

I'm no cannabis expert, but I'd imagine that the sort of weed which would lead to fits and hearing voices wouldn't be the sort of weed which regulation would allow.

It's not allowed now.
  • Like 1

Yes and no.

Yes - for medicinal reasons, not just prescribing a bag and letting people smoke it. I mean prescriptions being formulated by cannabis to be allowed, a doctor prescribing smoke is ridiculous.

No- Not for people to just smoke, Yes I know Alcohol is just as bad but that doesn't mean we should legalise something else that is bad. I know someone who is wheelchair bound, fits six or seven times a day, and hears voices so often that he is often locked away for periods of time thanks to weed.  

For as long as its illegal there will be an underground illegal market which will inevitably  cause just as much suffering. 

For as long as its illegal there will be an underground illegal market which will inevitably  cause just as much suffering. 

And when it's legal there will always be tax dodgers creating even more dangerous versions that are sold "under the counter" for a fraction of the trade price.

• Like 1

ounce in the mail ?

well of course i had planned for that... but, under Section 4 of the Aust post regulations (Goods prohibited or restricted in International Post) -

"D4.5. Overseas countries also require a Phytosanitary Certificate issued by: Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF)"

Sorry :(

Edit - I also didnt know that Locuts were sold by the ounce - ya learn something every day :)

Edited by ozleicester

I'm no cannabis expert, but I'd imagine that the sort of weed which would lead to fits and hearing voices wouldn't be the sort of weed which regulation would allow. 

I agree with you that cannabis would be softer if it were legal but not because of regulation.

The reason cannabis is more potent now is because it makes good business sense for the suppliers to sell more intense (and high-value) drugs. Selling in lower quantities makes it easier to evade the police and therefore reduces costs. Same goes for buyers, makes more sense to occasionally buy more intense substances than have a constant stream of weaker stuff as the risk is lower.

Consumer information would also be much, much better if it were legal. Right now people don't know exactly what they're buying. If cannabis were legal suppliers could be checked out by independent firms who could give customers details about different products. Better, more informed choices would be made as a result.

• Like 3

Legalise it as soon as possible. Id rather be surrounded by pot heads talking nonsense and laughing then drunks that cant handle there drink getting rowdy and beeing a general nuisance. Dont think you could find and aggressive stoner? Ive smoked since 15 always been in work never gone on to anything stronger and in alot better health then alot of people i know who have drank in them years.

Weed is good for you

Come on Lav, you're one of my favourite posters and come over as quite clever, but this isn't true and you must know you're kidding yourself saying this. 

It's a stimulant at the end of the day, and just like the rest it will provide cardiovascular problems eventually for an individual. 

• Like 1

Come on Lav, you're one of my favourite posters and come over as quite clever, but this isn't true and you must know you're kidding yourself saying this. 

It's a stimulant at the end of the day, and just like the rest it will provide cardiovascular problems eventually for an individual. 

The irony of calling someone on a forum not clever, and then going on to generalise about stimulants and connections to cardiovascular problems, and making assumptions about the actual form that the weed might be consumed is amusing.

The irony of calling someone on a forum not clever, and then going on to generalise about stimulants and connections to cardiovascular problems, and making assumptions about the actual form that the weed might be consumed is amusing.

Didn't say that if you read my post properly. 

I agree with you that cannabis would be softer if it were legal but not because of regulation.

The reason cannabis is more potent now is because it makes good business sense for the suppliers to sell more intense (and high-value) drugs. Selling in lower quantities makes it easier to evade the police and therefore reduces costs. Same goes for buyers, makes more sense to occasionally buy more intense substances than have a constant stream of weaker stuff as the risk is lower.

Consumer information would also be much, much better if it were legal. Right now people don't know exactly what they're buying. If cannabis were legal suppliers could be checked out by independent firms who could give customers details about different products. Better, more informed choices would be made as a result.

Better more informed choices would be made by some. I imagine worse choices like buying it at all would be made by others who otherwise wouldn't have done.

Edited by Mark_w

Yes and no.

Wat.  You can't just make a crazy outlandish claim like that without going into any detail on his condition, the timeline of symptom development, and the correlation of that with his smoking history - in short, actual facts beyond the most bizarre anecdotal claim I've heard about cannabis's negative impact on health.

I knew a girl who was on medication for multiple psychoses - including hearing voices - who said that cannabis could exacerbate the voice hearing issue if she smoked it at the same time as taking her meds, but never have I heard it claimed by someone of previously sound mental health that cannabis makes them hear voices, let alone it leading them to be incapable of self-ambulation.  More info please you've definitely intrigued me.