Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stay Positive

Artists you have 10 or more albums by?

Quite a few "close but no cigar" artists such as Dylan, Beefheart, Foo Fighters and Camper Van Beethoven, but only 9 I definitely have 10 or more by:

1) Neil Young 40 (with various different backing groups)

2) Tom Waits 22

3) Frank Black 21 (including 2 as Black Francis, 6 with The Catholics and 5 with Pixies)

4) Nick Cave 17 (including 14 with The Bad Seeds, 2 with Grinderman and 1 with The Birthday Party)

5) Morrissey 11 (including 6 with The Smiths)

=6) The Beatles 10

Madness

REM

None is the simple answer - not many artists have done 10+ albums in fairness. Oh, and Frank Black is cheating. Did you see him when he played the Princess Charlotte with the Catholics shortly after their first album and everyone kept calling out for Pixies numbers... was sad.

Top of my list at a quick check are...

Neil Young - 8

New Order - 7

REM - 7

Radiohead - 7

The Cure, FooFighters, Beck - all 6

Super Furry Animals, Tom Waits, Primal Scream, Ladytron, Pixies, Beastie Boys, Ash and Air - all 5

HOWEVER if I were to include albums I have owned in the past (or kind of jointly owned with my bro when I lived at home with parents - we had the same tastes and didn't see the point of buying duplicate copies, enabling us to build up a large joint collection that sadly broke up when we moved out and has never been fully restored by either of us.) then bands like The Cure and REM would have more.

Plus I might be forgetting some of the vinyl albums I have upstairs gathering dust. :(

EDIT: I found looking through that - due to the recent ability the internet has given us to buy individual tracks off albums - I have many more "parts of albums" that would increase the numbers of many of my artists, but that a bit like owning a "best of" album and saying you've got all their stuff.

The Cure - 16AC/DC - 15

Bad Religion - 15

Pink Floyd - 14

Aerosmith - 12

In Flames - 10

And I suppose with live albums, EP's and bridging the gap singles:

Enter Shikari - 13

Compilations:

Manic Street Preachers - 11

Live albums, compilations & cover albums:

Foo Fighters - 10

If we're including greatest hits / acoustic / b-side compilations and live albums.

Alkaline Trio

Bad Religion

Blink 182

Blur

Bouncing Souls

The Clash

Green Day

Oasis

Radiohead

Social Distortion

Springsteen

If it's just studio albums probably just Bad Religion and Springsteen.

The Cure - 16AC/DC - 15

Bad Religion - 15

Pink Floyd - 14

Aerosmith - 12

In Flames - 10

And I suppose with live albums, EP's and bridging the gap singles:

Enter Shikari - 13

Compilations:

Manic Street Preachers - 11

Live albums, compilations & cover albums:

Foo Fighters - 10

I really don't think we should be including downloaded discographies in this. :P

my favourite band ever is Fugazi and I thought I had all of their stuff, but as of 01/12/2011 they are releasing the Fugazi live series containing close to 800 live performances yes 800 different live albums!!!!

gotta be some sort of record that

None is the simple answer - not many artists have done 10+ albums in fairness. Oh, and Frank Black is cheating. Did you see him when he played the Princess Charlotte with the Catholics shortly after their first album and everyone kept calling out for Pixies numbers... was sad.

Neil Young - 8

New Order - 7

REM - 7

Radiohead - 7

Super Furry Animals, Tom Waits, Primal Scream, Ladytron, Pixies, Beastie Boys, Ash and Air - all 5

HOWEVER if I were to include albums I have owned in the past (or kind of jointly owned with my bro when I lived at home with parents - we had the same tastes and didn't see the point of buying duplicate copies, enabling us to build up a large joint collection that sadly broke up when we moved out and has never been fully restored by either of us.) then bands like The Cure and REM would have more.

Plus I might be forgetting some of the vinyl albums I have upstairs gathering dust. :(

EDIT: I found looking through that - due to the recent ability the internet has given us to buy individual tracks off albums - I have many more "parts of albums" that would increase the numbers of many of my artists, but that a bit like owning a "best of" album and saying you've got all their stuff

If you don't play the vinyl anymore let me have it, i play vinyl every day.

• 5 months later...

I've got a few that are close to 10. Lots with just a few albums. Only 2 that are over 10. Gary Numan and Nine Inch Nails. With Numan's older albums, i've got them on vinyl, cassette and cd plus the versions on my mp3 and phone. I'm not even going to bother counting them all

I've never even counted how many different Numan albums there are, with all the live albums, compilations and remix albums, there must be about 80 by now, probably more. There's a few live albums I haven't got anymore as I lent some older ones out and never got them back and I don't have The Pleasure Principle 09 live album yet. I don't have a couple of remix albums and I rarely bother with compilations as i've already got all the songs, there's been a lot of them down the years. There's always some record company or other looking to make a fast buck out of him. It's quite a large collection if you've got them all. Then there's all the coloured vinyls, picture discs, illegal imports etc. There's the Splinter album due out plus the live albums from the Dead Son Rising tour and the current Machine Music tour. Blimey, and people think he hasn't been going since the early 80s

Neil Young - 8

New Order - 7

REM - 7

Radiohead - 7

Plus I might be forgetting some of the vinyl albums I have upstairs gathering dust. sad.gif

EDIT: I found looking through that - due to the recent ability the internet has given us to buy individual tracks off albums - I have many more "parts of albums" that would increase the numbers of many of my artists, but that a bit like owning a "best of" album and saying you've got all their stuff.

I WANT YOUR VINYL! I STILL PLAY VINYL!

thank you.

Bob Dylan

Beatles/John Lennon/Paul McCartney/George Harrison

Bruce Springstein

Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music

David Bowie

Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler

Eric Clapton/John Mayall,

Fleetwood Mac/Buckingham Nicks

Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant/Page and Plant

Leonard Cohen