Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2012/2013 Season Ticket Information

Due to poor memory would somebody be able to help me. How much would I have paid last season for a season ticket in L1 for an adult & I renewed early?

I THINK it was £368... now it's £430.. I am absolutely FUMING, do they not know it's a recession? They have clearly targeted the 'in demand' areas to sit, such as L1 and the Kop. Debating just away games next year as this is extortion!

The Thais said that putting up ticket prices was not in their agenda, well Miss Whelan and co.. you have just lost a lot of people's trust!

I am so pissed off that their isn't a student option, £140-£360 that is fanbloodytastic NOT!!!

Life choice mate, don't see why students should receive any discount at all. My money's just as good as yours, why should I have to pay any more than you?

At my age, last seasons renewal seems along time ago, and the details have def faded, i seem to think however, me and my lad paid £390 in L1 last, so that's another £40 on top this yr.

Ok not the biggest amount of money in the world, and pretty much what i was expecting, it still goes against the grain to and extent, specially after the s***e ive watched all season this yr, and with 14 away games under my belt, its all come at a very heavy cost.

Its now dilema time i fear, renew and not bother with away games, don't renew and just concentrate on away games, where the atmosphere is generally alot better( tho without a priority season ticket will i get away tickets to big games??). Good jobe ive got a bit of thinking time, one thing is for sure, i def won't be rushing the desision after the disaster that has been this yr. Like many others im getting to the stage where i feel watching football is really pushing the boundaries of value for money.

Some serious thinking needs to be done. :( :( :sweating:

I am so pissed off that their isn't a student option, £140-£360 that is fanbloodytastic NOT!!!

Apprentices don't get a special concession.

I can't quote as I'm on my phone but exactly Teeno and Davie G. IMO non-students have more to pay out than Students, granted most non-student are (or should be) in full time work but it means **** all when you have bill after bill to pay, and like Davie G said I got no student discount when I was an apprentice I don't know if the law is the same now but bear in mind there wasn't a minimum wage when I was an apprentice so I was actually worse off that students who could go out and get minimum wage yet I still had to pay more than student prices.

I'll be renewing - assuming they use the U18 prices for students like they did last year, my ticket only goes up £5 to £145!

To be honest, as a postgrad that earns a fair bit more than your typical undergrad gets in loans, I'd have happily paid the full adult asking price!

I can understand people getting disgruntled with fairly steep increases in some blocks, but I do think there is a pretty valid argument for offering heavily discounted tickets for undergrad students. If you're only getting upto around £4500 in student loans, finding £400-£500 for a ST is a massive ask, so the argument of "You're an adult so you should be paying the same as me!" doesn't hold water, and the club would see a fair amount of student ST holders drop out if they removed the discounted ticket.

Like I say, a postgrad student is a different matter, but for undergrads my argument stands...

I fvcking hate this shit.

Think I might just do aways now. It's like you get punished for supporting us.

Bunch of cvnts. Respect for the Thais has gone. Leeds the second.

Absolutely disgusting.

Grow up!

What were you expecting?

I can't quote as I'm on my phone but exactly Teeno and Davie G. IMO non-students have more to pay out than Students, granted most non-student are (or should be) in full time work but it means **** all when you have bill after bill to pay, and like Davie G said I got no student discount when I was an apprentice I don't know if the law is the same now but bear in mind there wasn't a minimum wage when I was an apprentice so I was actually worse off that students who could go out and get minimum wage yet I still had to pay more than student prices.

So what about university students having to pay for fees, accommodation & their living costs. At most the loan is around £4000, which doesn't even cover accommodation in most cases. You may have more to pay out, but you have an income too remember, that's not the case for the majority of students.

I'll be renewing - assuming they use the U18 prices for students like they did last year, my ticket only goes up £5 to £145!

To be honest, as a postgrad that earns a fair bit more than your typical undergrad gets in loans, I'd have happily paid the full adult asking price!

I can understand people getting disgruntled with fairly steep increases in some blocks, but I do think there is a pretty valid argument for offering heavily discounted tickets for undergrad students. If you're only getting upto around £4500 in student loans, finding £400-£500 for a ST is a massive ask, so the argument of "You're an adult so you should be paying the same as me!" doesn't hold water, and the club would see a fair amount of student ST holders drop out if they removed the discounted ticket.

Like I say, a postgrad student is a different matter, but for undergrads my argument stands...

Someone on twitter has just been told by the ticket office that there are NO student prices this season...

Quite a staggeringly stupid move on behalf of the club, yet again displaying piss-all awareness of the environment within which the club operates.

Look forward to an emptier stadium net season with a raft of special one-off ticket offers in order to entice people in.

Archived