Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Just now, Manini said:

@StanSP yeah I was chatting with regards to The Circle lol, clearly just gossip. What a ****ing outcome though (not sure if you’ve seen it so won’t be explicit). When you play the game but the game ends up playing you. 

Yeah watched it last night. Superb TV, really. Great entertainment and not finishing onManri a damp squib as some programmes tend to after being good throughout.

Manrika almost played too much of a game. Got involved with too many others and while I get you have to build trust and friendships to get the ratings, some of her actions backfired, especially with Andy. If she kept him on side, he probably would have rated her higher. Ironically she rated Felix first which is ultimately what did for her given the tie!

That moment of reveal and tension when they had their meet was excellent. Funny how Manrika was happy to play a game and always use that as an excuse for any person she wronged but when Natalya said the same in that meet-up after, she [Manrika] wasn't having any of it lol. And even more ironically, she was happy to give faith to Hashu/Syed and put the game-playing to one side :dunno:

Manrika's trust in people must be absolutely shattered if it wasn't before given what she said happened with her dad!

@Facecloth @Raj @Bellend Sebastian 

Finished Life on Mars ..  brilliant ! ..  loved it !  Just started Ashes to Ashes and tbh we both thought it was a bit naff and just cashing in on the previous series ..  however ...  I could watch Keeley Hawes  all day ! ...  I think you said something about her clothes Bellend, well they looked ok to me ! ...  when she bent over to have her backside stamped my gasket nearly blew off  ..   :sweating:

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Finished Life on Mars ..  brilliant ! ..  loved it !  Just started Ashes to Ashes and tbh we both thought it was a bit naff and just cashing in on the previous series ..  however ...  I could watch Keeley Hawes  all day ! ...  I think you said something about her clothes Bellend, well they looked ok to me ! ...  when she bent over to have her backside stamped my gasket nearly blew off  ..   :sweating:

Ashes to Ashes isn't as good as Life on Mars, but it does tie up all the loose ends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

It's worth sticking with ashes toashes just to get closure.

Not as good but still worth it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Well that's a perfectly human reaction

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

6c979e6a-e188-4662-b716-e8925dd9c743-lin

The new detective reminds me of someone.. :ph34r:

It looked like she was looking out for that car - did anyone else think that?

Guessing balaclava man gave Steve the info he needed when they were alone in the van... Will just have to wait until next week to see what it was.

23 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Guessing balaclava man gave Steve the info he needed when they were alone in the van... Will just have to wait until next week to see what it was.

Interesting...

Who is the unidentified relation of Jo Davidson then?

I’m going for DCC Wise.

41 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Interesting...

I’m going for DCC Wise.

Tommy Hunter.

The new woman in AC 12 could be the one who tipped off the removal of Lakewell. Maybe Gates daughter?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

I thought exactly the same. The bit where Jonesy climbs on the car too, I'm not quite having that. After the whole thing - tests the water by saying if the leak came from AC-12 which Ted rubbishes as hoped.

I'm not having her after that. Reckon there's a chance she's dodgy.

20 hours ago, rachhere said:

She's looking out for anything suspicious.

Is it just me? Or are AC12 in line of duty massively in affective?

Gates not really corrupt and ends up dead.

Denton blackmailed by OCG ended up dead.

Dryden not guilty of most things, sacked on taking his wife’s speeding.

Dot massively bent, didn’t spot it, Dead.

Series 4 Huntley did their job for them.

Corbett dead.

Lakewell dead.

Maneet, Hilton, Georgia all dead.

Half a fire arms unit killed in series 3.

There’s practically nobody they’ve put in prison or stopped from being murdered.

Cracking TV though.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Facecloth said:

@urban.spacemanI think one of your theories is spot on after tonight's episode of Line Of Duty.

:wave:

21 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Absolutely. Nailed one of them. I'm just not sure what it means.

I was convinced from the start she's Tommy Hunter's daughter, though there's been a bit of speculation that she could be John Corbett's sister, as the woman in the photo looks a bit like his mum. I'm not sure if that works for me, as he was adopted by his aunt and they moved to Liverpool when his mum disappeared in 1989. Unless there's another uncle/aunt in Scotland, but how often are orphaned siblings split up? The only other Scot was Mike Dryden, but that doesn't work for me. Being the illegitimate daughter of Hunter would be enough for the OCG to have a hold over her.

21 hours ago, Mark said:

6c979e6a-e188-4662-b716-e8925dd9c743-lin

The new detective reminds me of someone.. :ph34r:

Definitely Tony Gate's daughter IMO. He had a daughter called Chloe, and the ages just about match up. Mum could have remarried. Would be nice to see Liz from Shuan of the Dead pop up in a scene. Doubt she's up to anything and just wants to follow in her dad's footsteps. It would be very apt if she was she was the one to finally arrest Ryan...

NINTCHDBPICT000482433332.jpg

21 hours ago, rachhere said:

Agree with Neil from The Office giving the info, disagree about Chloe. Jo Davidson was looking out for that van and had a pretty shaky excuse for checking it out. Chloe would have recognised it as the type of car the OCG use.

20 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Interesting...

I’m going for DCC Wise.

19 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Tommy Hunter.

The new woman in AC 12 could be the one who tipped off the removal of Lakewell. Maybe Gates daughter?

Bingpot, but I don't think the leak came from her or AC-12; we've not really seen enough of the rest of the staff at AC-12 this series for it to be a revelation that lands with the audience. My guess is that it came from the prison's side after what happened with Lakewell.

Changed my mind about Buckells being H btw, he looked so meek and powerless when Lee Banks was garrotting Lakewell.

All in all - quite possibly one of my favourite episodes ever.

• Like 1