Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

So Jo will be dead early in the last episode and they HAVE to get yo the bottom of who the "bad egg" is else it really will be a p!sstake.

Love LOD but they are now just lagging this all out.

90 minute episode on bank holiday Sunday and ve done with it....all wrapped up as Carmichael and the Deputy Chief being the buggers

I really loved that episode, after a couple of high octane episodes with huge cliffhangers it was a bit of a climbdown but they had to in order to tell the story; `another classic interview scene and a phenomenal performance from Kelly Macdonald. One of my favourite Tedisms too!! This has been an amazing series IMO.

I'm still on the fence as to whether Carmichael is bent or a blindly loyal jobsworth. Could go either way but one theory is that the reason Jo couldn't say much about H is because H was in that room?! Race Claim + H = Carmichael is still possible!

Another theory based on the trailer:

They're moving Jo from the prison in the same way they did Lakewell but this time they're prepared for an ambush and they've done a switcheroo with Kate in order to ambush the ambush.

Jo was emotional and guarded about the person she thought was her dad - I'm thinking it's either Osbourne or Thurwell.

Love, love love this show.

• Like 3

I'd be disappointed if H was anyone else other than Carmichael to be honest, Osborne is definately bent but I'm guessing he will turn out to be another yes man/red herring like Thurwell. 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 09:15, Tuna said:

As long as the ratings are high, Line Of Duty will go on and on, it's probably a huge cash cow for the BBC and they'll milk it until it's red raw.

I’m not sure how they can keep it going with Hastings retiring (assuming he does). He’s the best character in it for me and it wouldn’t be the same without him.

My guess is they might do a spin off like they did with Life on Mars then Ashes to Ashes.

You had Dempsey and Makepeace, now get ready for.....Arnott and Fleming :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’m not sure how they can keep it going with Hastings retiring (assuming he does). He’s the best character in it for me and it wouldn’t be the same without him.

My guess is they might do a spin off like they did with Life on Mars then Ashes to Ashes.

You had Dempsey and Makepeace, now get ready for.....Arnott and Fleming :thumbup:

Can definately see them doing a young Ted series and the early days of AC-12.

I never bought the retirement storyline for a second, I'm certain if they bring down H and the OCG Hastings and AC-12 will be able to continue.

Gets people talking doesn't it lol

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I reckon Hastings will develop DI Arnott into the DS role and then either retire or, more dramatically, will be downed by either a rogue cop or some fatal medical incident in the line of duty such as a cardiac arrest on the scene of some AC12 investigation.

20 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve been watching the shield since someone recommended it on here. Such a good show it’s just a shame it is a bit dated with the camera quality etc. Only on season 2.

I’ve watched the whole lot, didn’t grab me at first but it really grew on me, Vic and his team and so good, especially Walton Goggins, you’ve got some great viewing ahead.

On a side note so many of the cast also went onto appear in Sons of Anarchy, same director? I think.

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve been watching the shield since someone recommended it on here. Such a good show it’s just a shame it is a bit dated with the camera quality etc. Only on season 2.

Yeah it's not really a HD looking show as it's supposed to be that hand-held documentary shooting style that Shawn Ryan wanted. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't watch Peaky but Leicestershire's very own Stephen Graham has joined the cast for series 6, he's great in pretty well everything.

One of my favourite actors around. He's so perfect for that show that I had to double check he hadn't already been in it!

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just finished season 1 of line of duty seeing as the TV show thread has turned in to the line of duty thread. Big fat meh, I'm afraid. 

I'm not a massive fan myself, it's got a bit convoluted, but I think I'm right in saying that nobody was that arsed with the first series - I think it was the second one (where Keeley Hawes is in it a lot) that it turned into something that folk got excited about

Final episode of Viewpoint, which has been good, pulled by ITV tonight after allegations of sexual harassment by the lead actor, Noel Clarke.

It's only available on ITV hub for a limited time.

Sky have also cut ties with Noel Clarke.

He strenuously denies all allegations but apologises for behaviour which might have inadvertently caused offence. 

Edited by Parafox

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Final episode of Viewpoint, which has been good, pulled by ITV tonight after allegations of sexual harassment by the lead actor, Noel Clarke.

It's only available on ITV hub for a limited time.

Sky have also cut ties with Noel Clarke.

He strenuously denies all allegations but apologises for behaviour which might have inadvertently caused offence. 

Mentioned it in the news thread. The allegations are obviously serious, and totally accept Sky halting projects involving him at the moment, but I think it's poor of ITV to pull this 4/5 of the way through, and only offer the finale on the hub for 2 days. It's not fair on the viewers, the cast and crew. Should have just released a statement saying they understand the allegations are serious, and wouldn't be filming anything new, or showing any new projects involving Clarke, but in this case would still run tonight finale episode. Simple. If viewers felt they didn't want to watch it, they can choose.

• Like 1

A bit outdated but Jeremy Kyle was scum, wasn't he?

The very worst of the worst kind of person and I'm so sorry that people felt they needed to feed his hate and mockery machine. The guy is a real piece of crap. No doubt he's minted and blinkered to his behaviour.

• Like 2