Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

51 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was convinced from the start she's Tommy Hunter's daughter

Web sleuths have deduced there are only 14 years age difference between the characters. Could still be a blood relation of course - uncle?

I'm starting to wonder whether Hunter could still be alive - we never actually saw him in s2.

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Definitely Tony Gate's daughter IMO.

Disagree. One twist too many!

What is the speculation that she’s Tony Gates daughter based on, apart from that she is also black? If she was related to Gates she wouldn’t be bent (as I recall Gates was a good guy, though I haven’t watched S1 since it aired). Perhaps she might be driven to pursue the OCG.

I find it more compelling that she is a mole within AC12. As has been pointed out she seemed to look for that vehicle, she could have orchestrated her colleague to get shot, and she tested Hastings when suggesting a leak could be coming from AC12. She’s also a new character and it’s all kicking off again...

And is there just H, why not more? One thing with this show is never go down the path where the directors/product etc are leading you to. I had a crazy thought last night that Arnott could be bent, but that would just be crazy.

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What is the speculation that she’s Tony Gates daughter based on, apart from that she is also black? If she was related to Gates she wouldn’t be bent (as I recall Gates was a good guy, though I haven’t watched S1 since it aired). Perhaps she might be driven to pursue the OCG.

I find it more compelling that she is a mole within AC12. As has been pointed out she seemed to look for that vehicle, she could have orchestrated her colleague to get shot, and she tested Hastings when suggesting a leak could be coming from AC12. She’s also a new character and it’s all kicking off again...

And is there just H, why not more? One thing with this show is never go down the path where the directors/product etc are leading you to. I had a crazy thought last night that Arnott could be bent, but that would just be crazy.

The new Chief Constable is the bloke from the first series that was Arnotts boss. Maybe it was all to get him into anti corruption. Nobody has ever been convicted due to AC12 they all end up dead, maybe that’s the theory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Yeah I definitely think she’s undercover in Ac12 from another AC office. She seems far too young to have gone through the academy, been on patrol and rose to AC in all that time. Her being bent would be far too predictable seeing as all the new Ac’s end up dying or being bent like Jamie, Dot etc. The sniper didn’t shoot her as she’s unarmed and poses no threat, whereas there’s half a dozen armed officers shooting at him that he needed to take out first. 

I also reckon Lomax is the undercover officer at Hillside, he doesn’t seem to do much but seems off. 

Lakewell seems to have passed Steve something in the van as he said ‘I didn’t SAY anything, did I Steve’ 

Jo’s relative will be Hunter I think. Ted’s reaction was far too big to be anyone else. He could be her Uncle as unlikely to have had a kid at 14, but who knows. 

I think H will turn out to be Wise or possibly even Hillside police station. 

Looks like Carmichael is back to take over AC12 next episode. 

Edited by DanNDH88

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

Yeah I definitely think she’s undercover in Ac12 from another AC office. She seems far too young to have gone through the academy, been on patrol and rose to AC in all that time. Her being bent would be far too predictable seeing as all the new Ac’s end up dying or being bent like Jamie, Dot etc. The sniper didn’t shoot her as she’s unarmed and poses no threat, whereas there’s half a dozen armed officers shooting at him that he needed to take out first. 

I also reckon Lomax is the undercover officer at Hillside, he doesn’t seem to do much but seems off. 

Lakewell seems to have passed Steve something in the van as he said ‘I didn’t SAY anything, did I Steve’ 

Jo’s relative will be Hunter I think. Ted’s reaction was far too big to be anyone else. He could be her Uncle as unlikely to have had a kid at 14, but who knows. 

I think H will turn out to be Wise or possibly even Hillside police station. 

This is Scotland we're talking about

6 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Gates' daughter is called Chloe.

So if your dad dies as a disgraced bent copper, all you have to do is change your surname and you can get into anti-corruption with no questions asked? No-one on AC-12 seems to know about it, if it is her, which would be ridiculous in itself. If it came out that they didn't know they had the daughter of a bent police officer on staff, there'd be hell to pay. I've seen other comments that suggest she might be a member of another AC unit, investigating AC-12 - but again, why? Why use the daughter of a prominent corrupt officer? It takes credibility away from your investigation due to the obvious bias she would have against the force that investigated her dad? Why not use an officer with a clean slate? Arnott & Hastings et al could even remember Chloe, it's not been that long.

So a) there's no way she'd get into AC without a thorough background check and b) there's no way an AC unit would want her to investigate the unit that persecuted her father because it would compromise any investigation into that unit.

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

I've seen a theory that Kate is working for Carmichael/AC-3 and is deep undercover investigating Davidson's unit. Quite like that.

Kate has worked with AC-3 before - she had to go to them to request permission to investigate Dot in series 3 as he was on her team and that was protocol. Carmichael runs AC-3 now and they obviously met in the last series. She's been undercover so many times now, that maybe the only way to do it again was to leave AC-12 legitimately and join up with a different unit.

Seems very unlike her to spend so many years in anti corruption and then just walk away from it all.

EDIT: Mind you, Carmichael defo has a bee in her bonnet re: Hastings and can't see Kate willing to do anything to intentionally take Hastings down.

Edited by indierich06

52 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

So if your dad dies as a disgraced bent copper, all you have to do is change your surname and you can get into anti-corruption with no questions asked? No-one on AC-12 seems to know about it, if it is her, which would be ridiculous in itself. If it came out that they didn't know they had the daughter of a bent police officer on staff, there'd be hell to pay. I've seen other comments that suggest she might be a member of another AC unit, investigating AC-12 - but again, why? Why use the daughter of a prominent corrupt officer? It takes credibility away from your investigation due to the obvious bias she would have against the force that investigated her dad? Why not use an officer with a clean slate? Arnott & Hastings et al could even remember Chloe, it's not been that long.

So a) there's no way she'd get into AC without a thorough background check and b) there's no way an AC unit would want her to investigate the unit that persecuted her father because it would compromise any investigation into that unit.

I’m not certain, but didn’t gates avoid dying as a corrupt copper and instead died in the line of duty? That’s how I remember it anyway although it’s a long time since the first series.

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m not certain, but didn’t gates avoid dying as a corrupt copper and instead died in the line of duty? That’s how I remember it anyway although it’s a long time since the first series.

He never got convicted of anything and his family got his full pension as he died as a serving member of the police force - that's why he killed himself. Knew he was going down and his family would be left with nothing. But he was certainly well-known as being a bent copper.

15 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

He never got convicted of anything and his family got his full pension as he died as a serving member of the police force - that's why he killed himself. Knew he was going down and his family would be left with nothing. But he was certainly well-known as being a bent copper.

I just wonder if that’s how it gets missed by vetting though.

On 12/04/2021 at 23:17, Tuna said:

Web sleuths have deduced there are only 14 years age difference between the characters. Could still be a blood relation of course - uncle?

I'm starting to wonder whether Hunter could still be alive - we never actually saw him in s2.

Disagree. One twist too many!

The twist of Chloe nailing Ryan as revenge for her Dad is a nice cyclical ending IMO.