Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 08/03/2021 at 20:40, Izzy said:

First episode of Your Honour was promising. I could watch Bryan Cranston take a dump though tbf. Brilliant actor.

Into this at present. It's good but I can't shake the feeling they've tried to draw on Walter White a bit - moral man with a dilemma and scenes of tortured conscience. 

On 05/03/2021 at 21:39, Leicesterpool said:

Just about to check out Man In The High Castle on amazon, alternative history always appeals to me. Is this worth a watch?

Yeah- it is a good mixture of spy thriller, some political and human drama and it get better with each season especially towards end of Season 2 onwards so do persist with it.   I think it is quite underrated cause it was on Prime in their early days before they became more established.  

17 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Into this at present. It's good but I can't shake the feeling they've tried to draw on Walter White a bit - moral man with a dilemma and scenes of tortured conscience. 

Is this bingeable on NowTV or is it only being released weekly? (asking as can get NowTV free for 7 days if it's bingeable)

Edited by SecretPro

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Yeah- it is a good mixture of spy thriller, some political and human drama and it get better with each season especially towards end of Season 2 onwards so do persist with it.   I think it is quite underrated cause it was on Prime in their early days before they became more established.  

I didn't enjoy the 3rd series much, but I could tell they were setting it up for the final series. To me it was about the banality of evil with a bit of 60s American kitsch. Add in a bit of armed resistance, I thought it was great. 

• Like 1

Enjoying The Terror. 

I know that, although the expedition is fact, the storyline is fanciful conjecture but I marvel at the true exploring spirit in those times.

Back at the admiralty in London, they are concerned that the ships are lost. They said if we don't hear anything in the next couple of years, we send another ship to look for them. :o

Nowadays of course, a day of radio silence and all manner or rescue resources would be launched immediately.

On 03/03/2021 at 13:19, BKLFox said:

Watched Your Honor on Sky Atlantic which started last night & think this is going to be a great watch, main character is Byran Cranston (all episodes on demand)

On 07/03/2021 at 18:58, StanSP said:

Really need to start watching Your Honor. Looks fantastic.

First episode of Your Honour was promising. I could watch Bryan Cranston take a dump though tbf. Brilliant actor.

On 09/03/2021 at 22:15, foxile5 said:

20 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Is this bingeable on NowTV or is it only being released weekly? (asking as can get NowTV free for 7 days if it's bingeable)

Watched all 10 episodes back to back last night.

No spoilers but the ending was a decent conclusion.

Bryan Cranston is amazing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Watched all 10 episodes back to back last night.

No spoilers but the ending was a decent conclusion.

Bryan Cranston is amazing.

I'm up to ep 7 so hopefully complete it by tomorrow night.

Loving it so far :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm onto episode 6 of season 2 of Breaking Bad, yes I know I'm late.

I'm invested, I want to see what happens next and watch the next episode but not sure if I'm enjoying it or whether I feel like I am because of the hype. Is that normal at this stage? Im finding season 2 episodes a bit of a drag. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm invested, I want to see what happens next and watch the next episode but not sure if I'm enjoying it or whether I feel like I am because of the hype. Is that normal at this stage? Im finding season 2 episodes a bit of a drag. 

I did find it slow going at times but it picks up the longer it goes on. Worth sticking with. 

• Like 1

Let it play out. It's so absorbing once you understand the different characters involved. For me one of the best series I've watched.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

42 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did find it slow going at times but it picks up the longer it goes on. Worth sticking with. 

• Like 2

Your Honor started off very promising, but was ravaged by terrible writing decisions before absolutely falling apart in the last two episodes and became an incoherent mess.

Absolutely full of plot holes, inconsistencies and strange narrative threads that go absolutely nowhere. 

There was even a seemingly important scene shown in the ep. 9 "previously on Your Honor" recap that was clearly cut from one of the previous episodes. I thought I was going mad. The editing between the end of ep. 9 and beginning of 10 made absolutely no sense either.

Seriously they edited out a clearly pivotal scene with the detective and the senator in the office looking at the pictures yet showed it in the recap?

The black SUV which was so important at the crime scene?

Robin's murderer and the guy in the baseball cap?

What the hell was the whole affair revelation about?

There's a ban on people coming into the courtroom because of COVID, but Adam is allowed to come and go freely?

What happened to Rudy?

Why was such a big deal made of the cell door? The jury literally saw the CCTV of Kofi going into the cell the previous episode! 

The show did nowhere near enough to make a “Not Guilty” verdict seem plausible

And the daftest moment of the show:

Adam leaving his stunning teacher for the slightly weird sister of the man he killed who happened to be the daughter of a murderous mob boss. I mean, WTF? Fvck Adam. 

The show was clearly affected badly by the real-life pandemic and they had to cut it short whilst making weird half-hearted / inconsistent references to it in the script. It was all a bit Game of Thrones rushed. 

Despite it being a hot mess I enjoyed it. Probably because of my adoration for Bryan Cranston.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Your Honor started off very promising, but was ravaged by terrible writing decisions before absolutely falling apart in the last two episodes and became an incoherent mess.

Absolutely full of plot holes, inconsistencies and strange narrative threads that go absolutely nowhere. 

There was even a seemingly important scene shown in the ep. 9 "previously on Your Honor" recap that was clearly cut from one of the previous episodes. I thought I was going mad. The editing between the end of ep. 9 and beginning of 10 made absolutely no sense either.

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously they edited out a clearly pivotal scene with the detective and the senator in the office looking at the pictures yet showed it in the recap?

The black SUV which was so important at the crime scene?

Robin's murderer and the guy in the baseball cap?

What the hell was the whole affair revelation about?

There's a ban on people coming into the courtroom because of COVID, but Adam is allowed to come and go freely?

What happened to Rudy?

Why was such a big deal made of the cell door? The jury literally saw the CCTV of Kofi going into the cell the previous episode! 

The show did nowhere near enough to make a “Not Guilty” verdict seem plausible

And the daftest moment of the show:

Adam leaving his stunning teacher for the slightly weird sister of the man he killed who happened to be the daughter of a murderous mob boss. I mean, WTF? Fvck Adam. 

The show was clearly affected badly by the real-life pandemic and they had to cut it short whilst making weird half-hearted / inconsistent references to it in the script. It was all a bit Game of Thrones rushed. 

Despite it being a hot mess I enjoyed it. Probably because of my adoration for Bryan Cranston.

Good post and sums up my thoughts too. I hadn't really thought too much about your points raised in the hidden comments - but you're absolutely right :D

The ending was a bit predictable and although it was probably the 'right' ending, it left me thinking it was all a bit 'meh' 

On 12/03/2021 at 17:45, RowlattsFox said:

Stick with it.

I was late to BB too having binged it late 2019 when recovering from an op...it gets better and better...

On 07/03/2021 at 18:58, StanSP said:

Really need to start watching Your Honor. Looks fantastic.

On 07/03/2021 at 19:02, BKLFox said:

It is Stan & all on demand for a binge 

On 09/03/2021 at 22:15, foxile5 said:

Starting quoting people that had seen this but then realised there were so many ! ..  :)

Heard all the hype so was really looking forward to it ..  started well but we got really bored in the middle and nearly jacked it in ..  turned into the Cranston show for me .. do those younger women really find him attractive ?!? ..  and some big holes ..  how the fvck did the mini me gangster get off that one !! ..  all in all ok but much preferred The Terror which we watched just before it.