Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

19 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Is it more of the same or the total opposite? Glad McNulty will be more involved given as he’s not a c unt at this stage (although that could change).

I expected more shiiiiiieeeets tbh, quite enjoyed seeing the origin of a lot of reaction gifs though lol 

Series 5 is also outstanding. Absolutely loved watching The Wire, was gutted when it ended.

As for McNulty in series 5... lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/03/2021 at 00:23, urban.spaceman said:

OK, theory time:

Hide contents

Davidson is Tommy Hunter's daughter.

-My only evidence is that they're both Scottish. That and the amount of security on her door. Either she's UC from Hunter's original OCG or she's legit trying to live a good life.

- Or I'm wrong, which is impossible.

Kate is a UCO

- She and Hastings have faked a falling out in order to make it appear she's left AC-12 as a career change.

- She's a UCO in the MIT team because she's investigating someone who knows of her past in AC-12 and is regularly found out as being undercover.

Which leads me to...........

Buckells is H

- He's popped up in 3 series now.

- He's known as being incompetent, which is a great cover.

- There's ****ing golf clubs in his office (THE CADDY)!

ExCYN_rXMAMMGyw?format=jpg&name=900x900

Agree with literally all of it lol 

On 22/03/2021 at 09:14, Izzy said:

I've never watched LoD so thought I'd better get with the programme in advance of the new series.

Binged S1 and most of S2 the last few days and can't really see what all the fuss is about. I mean it's O.K. but it's no Juliet Bravo!

Not a big fan of Arnott & Fleming really and don't think Arnott has much screen presence at all. Hastings is good and I thought Lennie James was excellent in S1 (but he's brilliant in everything)

Maybe I'll be converted after S3, 4 & 5, but so far it's not quite living up to all the hype for me...

Yeah, I now take it all back :D

Just finished S3 of LoD - absolutely superb. I'm now hooked :thumbup:

On 23/03/2021 at 17:39, The Bear said:

You're gonna want to talk about that final episode when it's over! 

****ing hell! I didn't expect that ending, nor some of the twists in the last 3 or 4 episodes.

I think that's the best tv show I've ever watched, it's definitely up there with Breaking Bad.

Chris Moltisanti is my favourite character in anything, ever, period! What a ****ing dude, he had his flaws (and a lot of them), but he was such a likeable character.

I think I'll start rewatching again from series 1 before the end of the year. If you've not watched it, give it a go, you won't regret it!

• Like 2

On 22/03/2021 at 22:32, Stadt said:

Is it more of the same or the total opposite? Glad McNulty will be more involved given as he’s not a c unt at this stage (although that could change).

I expected more shiiiiiieeeets tbh, quite enjoyed seeing the origin of a lot of reaction gifs though lol 

My advice with season five is to go in with very low expectations. 

I would say seasons 1-4 are 10/10s by and large, maybe 9s at worst.

Season five is strange. In the context of the rest of the show its probably about a 7, if it was a show in isolation without the burden of following the first four seasons it'd probably be an 8/8.5

The main plot, which involves McNulty, is just a bit absurd and moves away from the "gritty, total realism" of the rest of the show. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

My advice with season five is to go in with very low expectations. 

I would say seasons 1-4 are 10/10s by and large, maybe 9s at worst.

Season five is strange. In the context of the rest of the show its probably about a 7, if it was a show in isolation without the burden of following the first four seasons it'd probably be an 8/8.5

The main plot, which involves McNulty, is just a bit absurd and moves away from the "gritty, total realism" of the rest of the show. 

I’m 3 or 4 episodes in, yeah it’s a departure from the other seasons so far. Feels as though they lacked inspiration a touch 

Watched  'Footballs darkest secret'  the other day (3 episodes in total) ....   shocking stuff that stays with you long after it has finished.  Your heart goes out the young boys that were abused.  Family member had an experience with one of the 3 main protagonists when he was a teenager ...  he slipped the net ...  just ...  and only mentioned it after watching the series.

On 24/03/2021 at 23:23, Izzy said:

Yeah, I now take it all back :D

Just finished S3 of LoD - absolutely superb. I'm now hooked :thumbup:

Nothing can compare in my opinion.

Watch Marcella if you ain't already.

Anna Friel- not upto LoD standard but weird and decent

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Raj said:

Anyone bothered with the Aamir Khan docuseries on bbc?

Sounds decent in theory????

British attempt at Kardashian/Ozzy style American docs. No from me. 

Amir seems likable enough but those adverts were just uncomfortable and contrived. 'Just remember I'M THE BOSS.' 

23 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Get concerned that LoD following the same formula as every other series is going to get boring. 

I suspect most won’t like it but I watched I May Destroy You recently and thought it was excellent

It's what AC 12 do. They are bound to have the same threads in their storylines. It's about unravelling the corrupt, the suspects, the red herrings, then discussing with yourself or your partner what they think or who you might think is the "baddie" . It's engrossing because there are so many potential avenues of suspicion.

watched "May I Destroy You" . Disappointing TBF, but these things are always subjective.

23 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Get concerned that LoD following the same formula as every other series is going to get boring. 

I suspect most won’t like it but I watched I May Destroy You recently and thought it was excellent

29 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It's what AC 12 do. They are bound to have the same threads in their storylines. It's about unravelling the corrupt, the suspects, the red herrings, then discussing with yourself or your partner what they think or who you might think is the "baddie" . It's engrossing because there are so many potential avenues of suspicion.

watched "May I Destroy You" . Disappointing TBF, but these things are always subjective.

Not sure which is better. 

May I destroy you - sounds pretty certain but at least it’s nice to be asked 

I may destroy you - sounds like it just might not happen but I’m not going to be consulted regardless which is a bit off really 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Not sure which is better. 

May I destroy you - sounds pretty certain but at least it’s nice to be asked 

I may destroy you - sounds like it just might not happen but I’m not going to be consulted regardless which is a bit off really 

Pedant :P

• Haha 1