Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Watched Keane v Viera: Best of Enemies on ITV. Very interesting. Keane is a dog but he's as straight down the line and as forthright as it comes. That's why I like him as a pundit. He even made reference to his "Gipsy" background. I have a lot of resect for his honesty. There may be some bitterness towards Fergie, though.

Viera was good too. Stood up for his time at Arsenal. At the end I thought there was genuine mutual respect, despite the rivalry as players.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Lisey's Story on Apple TV. Weird as all hell but it's got me hooked, adapted by Stephen King himself, which I think is pretty rare. 

Watched Ep 1 tonight. Too weird for me. I couldn't get his novels either, apart from The Rats. Scary.

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Recently watched Time and was very impressed. As above Stephen Graham is brilliant, weird that he lives locally. 

I've driven through Ibstock most weekdays for 20 years and I've still never seen him, the elusive little shit. 

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've driven through Ibstock most weekdays for 20 years and I've still never seen him, the elusive little shit. 

Maybe drive somewhere else and you might see him lol I’ve seen him a few times in Ashby.

• Like 1

Finished Time ...  as above ..  great stuff and Bean getting quite good now in his new ’soft’ roles (wasn’t he a kindly priest in something else  recently) ...  and now moving on to Before we die ...  promising so far ..

Been some good stuff on of late ..   :thumbup:

On 11/06/2021 at 23:35, Tuna said:

Started Life and it's grim as **** but utterly compelling.

By Life I actually mean Time with Sean Bean and Stephen Graham. ****ing idiot lol

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Finished Time ...  as above ..  great stuff and Bean getting quite good now in his new ’soft’ roles (wasn’t he a kindly priest in something else  recently) ...  and now moving on to Before we die ...  promising so far ..

Been some good stuff on of late ..   :thumbup:

Well ...   Before I die ...   I'm sure some will enjoy it but not for me.    Good plot but went downhill at the end ...   bit silly really.

On 11/06/2021 at 13:14, The Bear said:

I used to work in McDonald's Coalville back in the day and he always used to be in with his family. 

Genuinely one of the nicest guys you could meet so great to see him getting even better roles year after year. 

Proper random but they held a kids party one year in store and amongst the few guests were none other than Gary McAlister and Muzzy Izzett, also regulars and equally as sound. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Watched the first two episodes of Loki on Disney. Really enjoyed it. Tom Hiddleston is his usual brilliant best as Loki while Owen Wilson was also very good.  Looking forward to how the rest of the series develops.

It's been good, not a massive marvel / superhero fan, but it's kept me entertained. The two of them work brilliantly together, this episode was just like a detective show, 48 hours something like that.