Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 03/07/2021 at 14:16, ozleicester said:

excellent The Serpent (TV Mini Series 2021) - IMDb

Know everyone was raving about this but didn’t really get into it ….    finished it though to find out what happened unlike Mrs CF who threw the towel in early doors.     Each to their own I suppose Oz.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

New low for Jermaine Jenas - he’s co-presenting The One Show…

He's been doing it for months, he's got the job permanently. Monday to Wednesday.

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Know everyone was raving about this but didn’t really get into it ….    finished it though to find out what happened unlike Mrs CF who threw the towel in early doors.     Each to their own I suppose Oz.  

Absolutely ....Particular interest to me as i first read the story in the mid 80s....only discovered how much happened AFTER id read the book :)

I had a couple of issues.. the continual date changing/flashbacks etc.. was very annoying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Absolutely ....Particular interest to me as i first read the story in the mid 80s....only discovered how much happened AFTER id read the book :)

I had a couple of issues.. the continual date changing/flashbacks etc.. was very annoying.

Ahh ….   I’ve got a feeling I would probably have enjoyed the book too.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Thanks. But I’m glad that I missed that one!

I just happened to be at my Mums when she was watching it and they announced him and Ronan Keating were the new presenters. Imagine being someone who trained for years, honed your skill only to find that a footballer and a singer are getting presenting jobs before you lol

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

New low for Jermaine Jenas - he’s co-presenting The One Show…

22 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

New low for The One Show more like

New low for the viewers of which I am not one. Couldn't stand it even after one viewing. 

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I just happened to be at my Mums when she was watching it and they announced him and Ronan Keating were the new presenters. Imagine being someone who trained for years, honed your skill only to find that a footballer and a singer are getting presenting jobs before you lol

Who, of any of the presenters, have done this?

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Who, of any of the presenters, have done this?

Lots of presenters start their career presenting absolute dross that nobody watches in the hope they'll get picked up for a prime time national show. Alex Jones of The One Show presented some awful shit in her youth, so did Davina McCall. Where did you think these people started? They weren't plucked off the street. Point is there's people who dream to do a job like that, have worked hard to get try and get noticed, but there's a theme of picking already famous people from other fields to do these jobs. That's not to say they aren't good presenters or won't become good, like Lineker has certainly grown into a very accomplished presenter, but as I say it's a bit of a trend. I mean it's not totally new, Sue Barker has been presenting for donkeys years, but it just seems more prevalent these days.

I'm not saying anyone else did go for the one show job, but maybe they did. Imagine you're a young presenter on local TV, been working hard, doing well for a few years and you went for that job, or you'd been presenting some utter crap on itv 2, but doing a good job, and you went for that job, to find a footballer and a singer picked ahead of you.

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
21 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Alex Jones of The One Show presented some awful shit in her youth, so did Davina McCall

Has Davina McCall ever stopped?

11 hours ago, Raj said:

Watched the first Time with Mr.Graham and Mr.Bean.

Its gripping but I'm abit terrified of what's going to happen...I can feel something  not nice 

Having watched it I'm now just imagining it with Mr. Bean in as tge lead role lol

• Haha 1