Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I've been watching the x files from the start again, 11 seasons with 25 episodes per season, 45 minutes an episode, 2 feature length films that tie in to it as well. Pulpy 90s Sci fi brilliance. Forgot how much I enjoyed this show, in about 2 weeks I'm nearing the end of season 2 already, its all I'm doing when I'm not at work or busy with something else. 

• Like 2

Jesus christ, the third season of The Sinner is fvcking terrible. 

Might genuinely be the biggest fall off of a show I can think of in years. First two seasons were really pretty good. Second definitely not as great but not surprising given the source material it was based on only covered S1. 

But this is getting drastically worse by the episode. 

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus christ, the third season of The Sinner is fvcking terrible. 

Might genuinely be the biggest fall off of a show I can think of in years. First two seasons were really pretty good. Second definitely not as great but not surprising given the source material it was based on only covered S1. 

But this is getting drastically worse by the episode. 

I got to episode 4 or 5 maybe and just gave up. Very rare I do that with a series but it was just a step too far. 

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I got to episode 4 or 5 maybe and just gave up. Very rare I do that with a series but it was just a step too far. 

I genuinely can't believe it. I struggled a bit with season 2 ages ago when I first attempted it and I stopped. To be honest, I think I just burned out because I'd gone though season one in a weekend and blazed straight in to it. I have a memory on here of someone telling me to stick with it because 3 was better. I went back to the series and started from scratch recently and, to be fair, 2 was very good and I enjoyed it. 

Can't agree with 3 being better at all, it's fvcking terrible. The writing is absolutely absurd. Harry was always a bit of a meh character but they've utterly walked him off a cliff. He was previously leaning a bit too hard in to the socially awkward detective stereotype but was competent and capable. Now he, apparently along with everyone else, just makes ridiculous, unbelievable decisions like a cheap horror movie. 

The dialogue is all awful, the wistful pauses and entry level philosophy, the Nihilist edgelord stuff all feels like the thing is written by some angsty 17 year old doing their first script, self satisfied by how deep and cool they are. It's abysmal. 

All over the road. 

Edited by Finnegan

On 19/07/2021 at 09:44, Webbo said:

Clarkson's Farm on Amazon is actually quite good. 

On 19/07/2021 at 10:21, Thefox81 said:

I enjoyed it. Caleb is hilarious.

On 19/07/2021 at 10:47, Samilktray said:

Yeah it’s really good to be fair. Enjoyed it a lot 

Season 2 announced!

• Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 10:09, Manini said:

Not sure when it came out, but started watching High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule last night. 

Not sure how, but that whole story completely passed me by, but it also coincided with when I was starting uni so I wasn’t taking in much news (I did a Journalism degree as well, no wonder I got a ****ing 2:2.). 

What a completely mental state of affairs that whole thing was! 

She thought she was going to Majorca and ended up in Peru after a night on various drugs , mental story. 

On 21/07/2021 at 10:09, Manini said:

Not sure when it came out, but started watching High: Confessions of an Ibiza Drug Mule last night. 

Not sure how, but that whole story completely passed me by, but it also coincided with when I was starting uni so I wasn’t taking in much news (I did a Journalism degree as well, no wonder I got a ****ing 2:2.). 

What a completely mental state of affairs that whole thing was! 

Saw this recently. I found some of the things hard to believe, she's alot smarter than she makes out clearly. 

On 24/07/2021 at 11:25, deejdeej said:

Saw this recently. I found some of the things hard to believe, she's alot smarter than she makes out clearly. 

See at the start I was of the opinion she was a complete ****ing idiot that had been completely strung along on her first trip away from NI - just coming out with some mind numbingly stupid stuff. 

But the way she seemed to navigate the prison system in Peru to basically become top dog didn’t make any sense. She couldn’t speak a word of Spanish (at the start I’m sure she did pick some up) yet rose up to become basically head of the prison council in a jail that’s notoriously one of the toughest in the world, which is probably ran from the inside via gangs anyway. That was dead weird and likely more to that part of the story than was let on. 

Edited by Manini

Settled down this week to watch Baptiste ...   6 episodes so two a night ...   good start but then really struggled with it ...  confusing, not believable and well ...   just a bit boring !! ...   big thumbs down from me.

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Now halfway through series 5 of The Expanse.  Took a while to get going but episode 4 really kicks things off.  I see series 6 has finished filming and this will be the last due to the time lapse in the books.  I'll have to pick up those instead!

That the series that is based on the book series?

Someone recommended it to me a while ago but I never got around to it, might have to add it to the list

Just finished "Them" on Amazon Prime. I was really looking forward to watching it due to the comparisons with Jordan Peele's work, which I absolutely love. 

Started strongly, fell apart towards the end of the series.

It looks absolutely amazing, with some fantastic performances... But was relentlessly traumatic. Almost exhaustively so. Some scenes were incredibly difficult to watch, and there was really no respite as a viewer and it became a bit too much IMO.

Edited by RoboFox