Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I watched a video on it before the series started that actually called it being Buckells. Will try and find it again.

One thing I've never understood is the fall out from the very first incident. How has it happened that Osborne has binned Steve because he's going to dob them all in so therefore moves to AC-12, yet Osborne still moves up? Like surely one of Osborne or Steve has to be in the shit from that outcome, yet it seems neither are.

It's difficult when people are talking about a show so much. When so many theories are better than the actual writers. 

Think they needed to end it once and for all. They wanted to give themselves an opportunity to come back for more. 

Could've been so much better. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's difficult when people are talking about a show so much. When so many theories are better than the actual writers. 

Think they needed to end it once and for all. They wanted to give themselves an opportunity to come back for more. 

Could've been so much better. 

That's true. They have to have a clear ending, even if its say after another series. They can't just keep making them with slightly vague endings that solve something but not everything in the hope it might carry on, but its kind of OK if it doesn't. Some of the best TV show endings are knowing it's OK to stop even of you're on top.

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I think if lod does return they need to kill off 1 of the main 3 characters.  writers

Fixed :thumbup:

BTW you need to improve your spelling otherwise you might be implicated in some police scam

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

Just started watching two really good new shows 

Mare of Easttown - Kate winslet like I’ve never seen her before in a really great murder mystery, 3 episodes in and I’m completely hooked , she will win awards for this 

Mosquito coast - loved the film as a kid and this is based on the same book , interesting first couple of episodes, family on the run into Mexico but a lot of mystery as to why , enjoying it a lot 

Edited by grth2004

2 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Just started watching two really good new shows 

Mare of Easttown - Kate winslet like I’ve never seen her before in a really great murder mystery, 3 episodes in and I’m completely hooked , she will win awards for this 

Mosquito coast - loved the film as a kid and this is based on the same book , interesting first couple of episodes, family on the run into Mexico but a lot of mystery as to why , enjoying it a lot 

Just watched the latest episode of MoE, I'm really enjoying it as well.

Stayed up too late watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, for some reason.

It's not quite as clunky as its title but it's not far off. I thought part of the idea of spinning these things out into mini series was that you can actually tell the story properly and invest in things like character development that you don't get time for in a 2 hour film, but loads of bits of this felt rushed.

Not awful, by any means, but a bit patchy

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

For various reasons we didn’t watch LOD live but are now binging through it over the next couple of days ...   with 3 episodes to go we have been extra careful to avoid articles in the press and avoid this thread completely  ...   so, I pick up the Telegraph this morning, and on the front fookin page ! .. yes, the FRONT FOOKIN PAGE !!!! ...  was this ....  grrrrrrrr !!!!!!!

878EB388-31AF-4673-ACC2-397FBA1487A6.jpeg

That's unfortunate. They didn't have to put a picture of him. 

6 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's not quite as clunky as its title but it's not far off. I thought part of the idea of spinning these things out into mini series was that you can actually tell the story properly and invest in things like character development that you don't get time for in a 2 hour film, but loads of bits of this felt rushed.

A lot of the plot was rewritten due to the pandemic. I thought it was quite good but the story was definitely patchy as you said 

8 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I see where you're coming from. I really liked Wandavision though, it was different and very cleverly made.

Wandavision grew on me over time, first 2 eps were so odd, but actually maybe the best ones once you complete the series. Best marvel thing I've seen in quite a while. One thing I read that made me laugh, someone watched almost an entire episode half way through the run with German dubbing on and just thought well, this is weird, must be a reason for it! lol

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

A lot of the plot was rewritten due to the pandemic. I thought it was quite good but the story was definitely patchy as you said 

23 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I see where you're coming from. I really liked Wandavision though, it was different and very cleverly made.

I mean, I sat through the whole season in pretty much one go, so I didn't hate it.

The only bits I really didn't like were when John Walker goes from being a murderous nutcase to being accepted back into the fold without much explanation and then Falcon's slightly shitty speech at the end.

I've not seen Wandavision yet, but the weirdness definitely appeals

• Like 1

I watched the Falcon and Winter soldier because I felt I had to having invested so much time in marvel over the years. It definitely could've been a one of film. Wasn't much to it. 

Enjoyed Wandavision though because it's different to anything else. First couple of episodes takes some getting used too though. 

On 03/05/2021 at 18:28, winteriscoming said:

inside no. 9 start next Monday. 

Wasn't aware of this. 

Inside No. 9 totally went over my head until last year, and we binged the whole lot upon recommendation from a friend. Can't believe it'd taken me so long. 

Apart from the very rare episode which misses the mark, this is one of the best programmes the BBC has commissioned in years. Pemberton and Shearsmith are geniuses. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Wasn't aware of this. 

Inside No. 9 totally went over my head until last year, and we binged the whole lot upon recommendation from a friend. Can't believe it'd taken me so long. 

Apart from the very rare episode which misses the mark, this is one of the best programmes the BBC has commissioned in years. Pemberton and Shearsmith are geniuses. 

Not watched them back in a while but apparently they've been butchered to bits, chopped up and censored. Can't even watch league of gentlemen anymore which is a travesty, when overtly racist TV shows from the 70s still get rerun on telly, a shame some people are too thick to understand satire.